BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roller Cam reccomendation for methanol

2 posters

Go down

Roller Cam reccomendation for methanol Empty Roller Cam reccomendation for methanol

Post  STR-LGL-70 February 17th 2013, 12:02 pm

Just took my intake off to check for a suspected vaccum leak at the #5 runner and found a cam lobe starting to go (flat tappet), along with the suspected gasket issue.
I do not the actual airflow of my heads (DOOE-R)but they were done by Engine Systems for a blown injected 572" mudrunner back in the late 80's early 90's before we had the options available that we now have.
The intake is a weiand hi-ram with bird catcher that is extensively ported that came with the heads and was also ported by Engine Systems.
The heads/intake are going back onto a 501 that should be around 13.5:1 compression.
Car is less than 2800 lbs with me in it and will be track only 1/4 mile, 4:56 gear, C-6 trans and 9" converter.
If any vendors would like to p.m. me a price with "approximate" specs please do so.
Thanks, Sheldon
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

Roller Cam reccomendation for methanol Empty Re: Roller Cam reccomendation for methanol

Post  Wheelie58 February 17th 2013, 9:02 pm

Sheldon,
There are several folks on here that will hook you up with a good cam.
Since Ted at Engine Systems did lots of the work, it may also be a good idea to give him a call for his input.
You can get him at (770) 491-0653.
Thanks
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down