BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

+2
gasserted
performance crankshaftinc
6 posters

Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

Post  performance crankshaftinc March 4th 2013, 12:32 pm

SHORT BLOCK OR COMPLETE ENGINE GOOD USED OR GOOD REBUILD ABLE CORE.... 586-549-7557

performance crankshaftinc

Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty trck engine

Post  gasserted April 28th 2013, 3:52 pm

Sorry, I don't have and engine. Looking myself. Does a truck block have more metal around cylinder bore than passinger....I have a set of Boss heads and im wanting to use a set of like new blower piston's i have that are 4.450 in dia. and that's 0.090 over, thinking .080 is max. not sure. Would like to find a SVO block if possible. If i have to buy new piston's i will. Need whole short block, components for Boss heads and a Blower manifold for same. Thanks Ted Question
gasserted
gasserted

Posts : 9
Join date : 2013-04-10
Age : 76
Location : Las Vegas

Back to top Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty Re: WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

Post  bbf-falcon April 28th 2013, 8:23 pm

gasserted wrote:Sorry, I don't have and engine. Looking myself. Does a truck block have more metal around cylinder bore than passinger....I have a set of Boss heads and im wanting to use a set of like new blower piston's i have that are 4.450 in dia. and that's 0.090 over, thinking .080 is max. not sure. Would like to find a SVO block if possible. If i have to buy new piston's i will. Need whole short block, components for Boss heads and a Blower manifold for same. Thanks Ted Question

Ted,check w/Paul Kane on this fouum. He has his shop in Calif.,not too far from you. He can hook you up w/lots of parts and knowledge for your Boss headed build.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8995
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

Back to top Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty Re: WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

Post  schmitty April 28th 2013, 10:17 pm

gasserted wrote:Sorry, I don't have and engine. Looking myself. Does a truck block have more metal around cylinder bore than passinger....I have a set of Boss heads and im wanting to use a set of like new blower piston's i have that are 4.450 in dia. and that's 0.090 over, thinking .080 is max. not sure. Would like to find a SVO block if possible. If i have to buy new piston's i will. Need whole short block, components for Boss heads and a Blower manifold for same. Thanks Ted Question
No the D9TE block will not necessarily have more bore capacity than any other block. They did however have a deeper skirt in the cylinder which is preferable for the longer stroker builds.
schmitty
schmitty

Posts : 4538
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 54
Location : Holdrege, NE

Back to top Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty Re: WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

Post  HorsinAround April 29th 2013, 11:08 am

They also have a steel crank instead of a cast crank like the passenger car motors. The snout has to be turned to passenger car diameter, other than that have it stroked to your pleasure.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Posts : 1215
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : North Central Indiana

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty Re: WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

Post  Paul Kane April 30th 2013, 8:49 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Ted,check w/Paul Kane on this fouum. He has his shop in Calif.,not too far from you. He can hook you up w/lots of parts and knowledge for your Boss headed build.
I don't consider myself a Boss 429 expert specifically, I'm just another 385 Series enthusiast like the majority of the members of these forums. Cool
gasserted wrote:Looking myself. Does a truck block have more metal around cylinder bore than passinger....I have a set of Boss heads and im wanting to use a set of like new blower piston's i have that are 4.450 in dia. and that's 0.090 over, thinking .080 is max. not sure. Would like to find a SVO block if possible. If i have to buy new piston's i will. Need whole short block, components for Boss heads and a Blower manifold for same. Thanks Ted Question
Ted, if you have Boss heads then I have a Boss 429 block up for sale. It's currently at 0.080" overbore and a great candidate for a 4.45" bore and associated pistons. It is set up for wedge heads but that's reversible. I may even be able to deliver to LV, if not rendezvous somewhere in southern or central California. Call for details.

Paul
310-435-1900


Last edited by Paul Kane on April 30th 2013, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty Re: WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

Post  Paul Kane April 30th 2013, 9:02 pm

schmitty wrote:....the D9TE block will not necessarily have more bore capacity than any other block. They did however have a deeper skirt in the cylinder which is preferable for the longer stroker builds.
After sonic checking, ohhhh about 200 million blocks, it has been our observation that the D9TE-AB blocks do seem to have better wall thickness uniformity and consistency than the the earlier passenger car blocks. And so the necessity of offset boring for a big bore applications is less likely. That said, yes, big bore capability of any given D9TE block remains an "odds game" (but slightly less than the earlier blocks thanks to the D9TE's better wall thickness uniformity).

HorsinAround wrote:They also have a steel crank instead of a cast crank like the passenger car motors. The snout has to be turned to passenger car diameter, other than that have it stroked to your pleasure.
Other than that the rear flange for the crankshaft requires rework as well.

The commercial engines also have different timing chains, different timing covers, different oil pans, different exhaust manifolds, etc, etc, etc. Even the heads of the commercial engines use valves of differing stem diameters, valve head diameters, and OALs. They are certainly a 385 Series by design, but short of that they are quite a different animal with little interchangabllity with the passenger car/light truck, engines--one exceptoin is that the D9TE-AB block is the same as the 1979-up F250's D9TE-AB block.

Paul


Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty Re: WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

Post  Paul Kane April 30th 2013, 9:02 pm

performance crankshaftinc wrote:SHORT BLOCK OR COMPLETE ENGINE GOOD USED OR GOOD REBUILD ABLE CORE.... 586-549-7557
(Sorry about the jack, Adney, but hey at least your thread is bumped to the top. Smile )
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

WTB  429 TRUCK ENGINE  Empty Re: WTB 429 TRUCK ENGINE

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum