BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

off topic fact My familys ties with Ralph Moody

3 posters

Go down

off topic fact My familys ties with Ralph Moody  Empty off topic fact My familys ties with Ralph Moody

Post  5pointslow March 7th 2013, 3:06 pm

Might be dumb but i will share

Im from Taunton Ma and this is were Ralph Moody was from before moving south to open Holman and moody

My Great Grand father used to help on his one of his Midget circle track cars back in the early early days
At the time the next town over Norton ma is were there garage called midway garage ..the guy that built these cars there Brad Winters did the engines along with Ralph Moody .
Flathead 60 v8 ..... i recall my grandfather now telling me storys his father told him about on the short tracks the flathead 60 did a lot better than the offenhausers ( they had problems letting off gas in corners and locking tires up ) what he said at least .

Gramps always told me how crude these cars were and the ingenuity that was there back then , not like today you can buy most of it . Ralph even in his later years i have read was still a hell of an engine builder

Ralph has came and visited Taunton a few times and i was to little top remember but i am told i met him when i was 5 years old . He came back for reunion at a local track and stopped in my grandfathers repairshop at the time .

Figuare id share guys , sorry if ya find it stupid or boring but local as it gets
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

off topic fact My familys ties with Ralph Moody  Empty Re: off topic fact My familys ties with Ralph Moody

Post  5pointslow March 7th 2013, 3:12 pm

prob the most notable guy that came from our area
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

off topic fact My familys ties with Ralph Moody  Empty Re: off topic fact My familys ties with Ralph Moody

Post  Tony M March 8th 2013, 11:41 am

Cool peice of history. Although I've long since abandoned the FE, I have alot of respect for the work H&M put out.
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon March 9th 2013, 10:53 am

I have a friend that bought alot tunnel port parts from him. He told me he was great guy to deal with. Cool
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down