BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got me one nice carb

+4
richter69
ragtime
norm
bigjohn2007
8 posters

Go down

Finally got me one nice carb Empty Finally got me one nice carb

Post  bigjohn2007 March 10th 2013, 11:46 am

This is for one my projects Very Happy Finally got me one nice carb Prosystemcarb
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Finally got me one nice carb Empty Re: Finally got me one nice carb

Post  bigjohn2007 March 10th 2013, 11:48 am

sorry not good with pics
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  norm March 10th 2013, 6:46 pm

Pic looks OK to me. How big is the carb and how big of engine is it going on?
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  ragtime March 10th 2013, 6:55 pm

it looks as tho its on the kitchen table.. Wink love automotive parts in the house.

ragtime

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 March 10th 2013, 8:32 pm

Going on 545 and yes i like to keep them close bye so i can look at them lol.
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  norm March 10th 2013, 9:03 pm

How big is the carb?
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 10th 2013, 9:20 pm

now send it to Madix out in CA and get him to "fix" it lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 March 10th 2013, 9:29 pm

richter69 wrote:now send it to Madix out in CA and get him to "fix" it lol.

Not sure if your being funny or not but I've had 7 carbs from Patrick and all have been spot on....set the floats and FP....bam.

I will say that these were all gas carbs.....I ain't smart enough to deal with that allky shit
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 10th 2013, 9:44 pm

His carbs are ok but its Patrick I dont care for. I wont start a pissin match.... from what Ive seen the PS stuff its a love or hate relationship.

I've seen the issues Bradley has pointed out on most carbs, and yes a bunch were PS. The QF deals seem to have "lesser" issues.

Again my comment was all tongue in cheek so dont take it the wrong way...... nice lookin carb......... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 March 11th 2013, 8:37 pm

Got a convertor from lenny and a carb from patrick to give these guys a chance.I will give every man a chance and so far vendors like Lem,Steve,Kaase have been a blessing to deal with.I ran a Quick Fuel on 521 P-51 headed motor worked great im the type that has lots of brain farts Very Happy so we will see thanks for your true opinion tho.
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 11th 2013, 8:53 pm

I have both and they both have there problems 950 qft won't idle or et worth a well , but mph like sob. the PS runs consistant idles good but no mph . Its A carb and its a race car not your everyday efi driver!

Nice carb! Cool
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 11th 2013, 9:27 pm

we got a PS 1050 on this tall deck sbc and its a pile if shit lol. It will go to Madix when he gets the funds...........

Damn fine converter choice I will add........ Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans March 11th 2013, 9:39 pm

whitefield wrote:I have both and they both have there problems 950 qft won't idle or et worth a well , but mph like sob. the PS runs consistant idles good but no mph . Its A carb and its a race car not your everyday efi driver!

Nice carb! Cool

Was the carb. lean at/off idle or rich? and what adjustments did you make to compensate for the condition?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 11th 2013, 9:58 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
whitefield wrote:I have both and they both have there problems 950 qft won't idle or et worth a well , but mph like sob. the 860 PS runs consistant idles good but no mph . Its A carb and its a race car not your everyday efi driver!

Nice carb! Cool

Was the carb. lean at/off idle or rich? and what adjustments did you make to compensate for the condition?

Rich at Idle went lean on top end pull but still mph like crazy ! I changed air bleeds and jets still no change . QFT worked on it twice while I was in BG at the NMRA race two years ago . I can not complain with qft customer service or the carb as they did all work and parts for free and help me tune it on the car .
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans March 11th 2013, 10:22 pm

whitefield wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
whitefield wrote:I have both and they both have there problems 950 qft won't idle or et worth a well , but mph like sob. the 860 PS runs consistant idles good but no mph . Its A carb and its a race car not your everyday efi driver!

Nice carb! Cool

Rich at Idle went lean on top end pull but still mph like crazy ! I changed air bleeds and jets still no change . QFT worked on it twice while I was in BG at the NMRA race two years ago . I can not complain with qft customer service or the carb as they did all work and parts for free and help me tune it on the car .

950....gotta P.V. in it ?

Makes more MPH that the PS......you got the better carb. then.....you changed the jets and air bleeds and it did not hurt or help the MPH? I find that hard to believe....not saying it could not happen.

Damn near sounds like a busted power valve...if it has one.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 11th 2013, 10:29 pm

I've had both. I prefer Patricks stuff, but the QFT stuffvis ok they both will get the job done in the right hands.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans March 11th 2013, 10:36 pm

whitefield wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

Nice carb! Cool

So, If the thing ran big mph why do you know that the carb. was lean? If it was lean...would you have a fuel delivery issue?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 11th 2013, 10:50 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
whitefield wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

Nice carb! Cool

950....gotta P.V. in it ?

Makes more MPH that the PS......you got the better carb. then.....you changed the jets and air bleeds and it did not hurt or help the MPH? I find that hard to believe....not saying it could not happen.

Damn near sounds like a busted power valve...if it has one.

I don't want to high jack this guys post.

It has a powervalve in the front which has been changed multiple times by myself and QFT. on the jetting deal and air bleeds it may have lost one mph and when we dynoed it it started of rich and went lean on three pulls. I bought the carb new back in 2003 and have a long list of and note book full of tuning with this thing. I put it on the car that I was running 7.20's foot braking a 3400lb car with a holley 750 dominator on a 393w . I put this on as picked out by qft and the car slowed down went to running 7.50's and to be exact as it is still on the window of the car it was in. It went 7.58.

Make no mistake I am no way dissatisfied with QFT and not degrading them and would buy another from them and will be needing one for my 466 fairlane project. Unlike most people in the world I know that no matter what product you buy, new used ,or rebuilt they all can't be perfect, or for that matter who builds or makes it. So I will buy another from QFT and prob from Pro Systems too!
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 11th 2013, 10:52 pm

The guy on the dyno said it was running lean and was in the carb and not the fuel delivery. fuel PSI was set and maintained 7.5psi
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans March 11th 2013, 10:57 pm

Well uh....sorry man I did not say you were beating on QFT....just trying to help...seems I did not...my bad.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 11th 2013, 11:03 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Well uh....sorry man I did not say you were beating on QFT....just trying to help...seems I did not...my bad.

No no problem I didn't want to take this guys thread over either , I wish you could have helped me when I first got the 950 QFT . I do Appreciate the help and ment no ill will to ward you as I may need some help down the road from you . Cool Cool Thanks
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down