BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOTBALL RODS AND ARP BOLTS QUESTION

+3
the Coug
69F100
BCOWANWHEELS
7 posters

Go down

FOOTBALL RODS AND ARP BOLTS QUESTION Empty FOOTBALL RODS AND ARP BOLTS QUESTION

Post  BCOWANWHEELS March 22nd 2013, 10:29 pm

GOT A SET OF D6VE-AA TRUCK RODS AND I WANT TO CHANGE THE ROD BOLTS. ARP OFFERS 2 DIFFERENT FOOTBALL ROD BOLT GRADES AND I DONT KNOW WHICH TO GET FOR MY APPLICATION. HERES SOME ENGINE SPEC'S.
10:1 OR LESS COMPRESSION
SMALLEST FRPP HYD. CAM SHAFT
CJ ALUMINUM HEADS
CAST PISTONS
ROTATEING ASSY WILL BE BALANCED
GOING IN PERFORMANCE SKI BOAT
MAX RPM'S WILL BE 6K
DO I NEED THE STANDARD ARP 150-6004 BOLTS OR SHOULD I GET THE WAVE LOCK BOLTS ?
THANKS

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

FOOTBALL RODS AND ARP BOLTS QUESTION Empty Re: FOOTBALL RODS AND ARP BOLTS QUESTION

Post  69F100 March 22nd 2013, 10:41 pm

I ran the factory bolts in my 460 turmimg it 6500 never had a problem out of them but a up grade will help you sleep better
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

FOOTBALL RODS AND ARP BOLTS QUESTION Empty Re: FOOTBALL RODS AND ARP BOLTS QUESTION

Post  BCOWANWHEELS March 23rd 2013, 3:25 pm

THANKS SURE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE FEEDBACK ON THIS.

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 23rd 2013, 8:35 pm

You mean you have crappy cast pistons and you are worried about rod bolt turning to 6000 RPM whats wrong with this picture?
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 March 23rd 2013, 9:52 pm

stock rods just plain work to 6500 7000 and 500hp and less

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 23rd 2013, 10:23 pm

quick 52 wrote: stock rods just plain work to 6500 7000 and 500hp and less

evidently you missed the picture... It wasn't the rods I referring (to you big dummy) in my Fred Sanford voice...LOL

it was he is worried about the rod bolts, and listen now he is running CAST pistons Shocked and wanting to run it 6000 in a boat engine....

Beam Me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 23rd 2013, 11:25 pm

the Coug wrote:You mean you have crappy cast pistons and you are worried about rod bolt turning to 6000 RPM whats wrong with this picture?
that your allowed to breath air...I ran stock bolts in mine with cast pistons for three seasons in the 8s spraying the snot out of it. Your stock bolts will be fine.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 23rd 2013, 11:30 pm

the Coug wrote:
quick 52 wrote: stock rods just plain work to 6500 7000 and 500hp and less

evidently you missed the picture... It wasn't the rods I referring (to you big dummy) in my Fred Sanford voice...LOL

it was he is worried about the rod bolts, and listen now he is running CAST pistons Shocked and wanting to run it 6000 in a boat engine....

Beam Me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here
you smart enough to run your car as fast as you can type, or do you just like to think people are stupid with nothing to back it up? Truck rods and stock pistons are fine for his application. If his tune is good its fine. If not it doesn't matter what his piston is made of.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  BCOWANWHEELS March 24th 2013, 12:46 am

BARNEY,
You hit the nail on the head. all I do is pul my friends sking ( all of them at 1 time alot hehe)

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 24th 2013, 1:02 am

i'd put the arp bolts in and let it eat. the cast pistons will stand anything but detonation so go easy on the timing.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BCOWANWHEELS March 24th 2013, 1:06 am

yea that dreaded spark knock will kill any engine. i figure 93 pure gas (no alky) and ave gas 50/50 mix should do the trick. I was going to buy forged pistons with the raised comp. i,d have to run 100% ave gas and since its just a fun boat i decided against it.
thanks everybody, the more minds the better most of the time.
bob

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 24th 2013, 11:45 am

Barney wrote:
the Coug wrote:You mean you have crappy cast pistons and you are worried about rod bolt turning to 6000 RPM whats wrong with this picture?
that your allowed to breath air...I ran stock bolts in mine with cast pistons for three seasons in the 8s spraying the snot out of it. Your stock bolts will be fine.

WELL if GOD says it is then it is probably written in stone somewhere and we know it is, So why do they sell you all these aftermarket rods and forged pistons, seems like a big waste buying them if stock rods and cast pistons will handle anything like you said......?
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 24th 2013, 12:34 pm

If it was mine I'd spend the extra few bucks on some hbeams and a decent set of forged slugs, but if you already have the stuff run it they will work, just watch the tune and keep a voodoo doll with you when you crank it up.

Last edited by dfree383 on March 24th 2013, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 24th 2013, 12:57 pm

the Coug wrote:
Barney wrote:

WELL if GOD says it is then it is probably written in stone somewhere and we know it is, So why do they sell you all these aftermarket rods and forged pistons, seems like a big waste buying them if stock rods and cast pistons will handle anything like you said......?
your a fool. A pumpgas build at 6k max will be fine.of course h beams would be better. That wasn't the question in the place..I love how you act like everyone's a idiot when you ain't got shit...
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  BCOWANWHEELS March 24th 2013, 4:07 pm

EASE UP FELLAS, WERE ALL PALS, I KNOW WHEN MORE IS NEEDED ROD AND PISTON WISE FROM 45 YRS BUILDING AND WORKIN ON ENGINES. I JUST NEEDED A LITTLE HELP PICKING ROD BOLTS.
REGARDS
BOB

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 24th 2013, 10:02 pm

I've used the waveloc ones with success.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down