BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aerospace Brake Caliper Bleed ?

3 posters

Go down

Aerospace Brake Caliper Bleed ?  Empty Aerospace Brake Caliper Bleed ?

Post  colormebad June 25th 2013, 8:50 pm

I have the 4 piston for a sn95 and still having hard pedal issues.Aerospace said take the caliper off and face the bleeder straight up and bleed them..I ask alot of other racers about this' and they say they have never heard of this..I have all new lines and no p/p valve , with a mopar style strange master cyl, Brakes are not worth a crap..They are very hard..Skinny Kid is sending me another Master Cyl to try...I have the STRANGE: B-3359 MASTER CYL ...1.125 bore and they are sending me a 1.032..They said the 1.125 was used on almost all the cars that go out...When i pump the brakes , they will hit 900psi and if i press real hard they will hit 1200 the drop pretty fast to 900psi..The car will only stop when rolling slow...1 thing i noticed and sent pics of was the adj rod coming from the m/s to the brake pedal is not centered..Kid's kit also uses a spacer between the hemi joint and brake pedal...I took the spacer off and the rod, And its still not centered..Looks like the aluminum mounting plate must be off..Kid is working close, to try help figure out whats going wrong..I have to tell him tomorrow about the off center deal..

Aerospace Brake Caliper Bleed ?  2013_0113Brake_Plate0017_zps644f7d18

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Aerospace Brake Caliper Bleed ?  Empty Re: Aerospace Brake Caliper Bleed ?

Post  cool40 June 25th 2013, 9:56 pm

the 1.032 will make more line psi with less pedal effort. where did you check the psi at? this is some good info...
http://www.markwilliams.com/braketech.aspx
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  colormebad June 25th 2013, 10:09 pm

cool40 wrote:the 1.032 will make more line psi with less pedal effort. where did you check the psi at? this is some good info...

They told me to put a gauge on the caliper...I just took out the bleeder & screwed the gauge with a 1/8 thread in..

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 25th 2013, 10:51 pm

colormebad wrote:
cool40 wrote:the 1.032 will make more line psi with less pedal effort. where did you check the psi at? this is some good info...

They told me to put a gauge on the caliper...I just took out the bleeder & screwed the gauge with a 1/8 thread in..

with 900-1200 psi they should work fine. Suspect i just put strange stuff on my car and had hell getting all the air out.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  colormebad June 26th 2013, 12:48 am

cool40 wrote:
colormebad wrote:

with 900-1200 psi they should work fine. Suspect i just put strange stuff on my car and had hell getting all the air out.

I just done a lot of research & think my caliper's are on the wrong side...My bleeders are at the bottom i think..Im going back out to check right now...

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 26th 2013, 8:01 am

OOh, yah...Get the bleeders up top. I'm surprised that nobody has already asked that question. A friend fought this problem on his roadster until I flipped his calipers.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  colormebad June 26th 2013, 10:08 am

maverick wrote:OOh, yah...Get the bleeders up top.  I'm surprised that nobody has already asked that question.   A friend fought this problem on his roadster until I flipped his calipers.

I just checked and i have 2 of the same...1 up and 1 down..

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 26th 2013, 1:33 pm

ummmm,that wont work.Shocked
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  colormebad June 26th 2013, 1:41 pm

cool40 wrote:ummmm,that wont work.Shocked

Just talked to Aerospace' They said all you have to do on their calipers ' Is swap the the line and bleeder around..That will save alot of work...He said i should see a big differance....

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 26th 2013, 1:54 pm

You,ve found the problem Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  colormebad June 30th 2013, 10:35 pm

Best the brakes have worked but still not right...I think i have the wrong aluminum block plate that mounts to the firewall, throwing off the master cyl...I have another 1 on the way from a different place...

colormebad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down