BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few spy shots

+20
schmitty
Larry T
richter69
bruno
bigjohn2007
Dave C.
79ford pickup
Wheelie58
61coon
Lem Evans
56Tbird
c.evans
cool40
Barney
maverick
dr's wife racing
bbf-falcon
dfree383
yellowhorse7
David Cole
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A few spy shots - Page 4 Empty Finally Ready

Post  dr's wife racing October 24th 2013, 1:23 pm

Plan to take her to track Sat. for some shake down runs. Has been a long time coming!
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

A few spy shots - Page 4 Empty Re: A few spy shots

Post  cool40 October 24th 2013, 9:03 pm

Video! bounce 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 24th 2013, 9:16 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Plan to take her to track Sat. for some shake down runs. Has been a long time coming!
What track, Ward?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 24th 2013, 9:43 pm

put the spurs to it Ward! and GOOD LUCK.........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 25th 2013, 12:13 pm

maverick wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:Plan to take her to track Sat. for some shake down runs. Has been a long time coming!
What track, Ward?
 Going to Holly springs, Miss. They are haveing a grudge race there tomorrow. It wont be hard to get yrack time. I'm just going to ride. Leaving the juice and lines at home so I won't be tempted.  I'll do my best to get the go pro and some video shots.    Man it has been a long time coming! We ran into some issues getting the shifter to work in final test last night but found out we had it set up wrong in the power grid.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 26th 2013, 11:57 pm

update...................
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 27th 2013, 12:55 am

[quote="cool40"]update...................[/quote

X2

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

A few spy shots - Page 4 Empty up date

Post  dr's wife racing October 27th 2013, 11:34 am

We made it to the track yesterday. Things went well for a first time out. The motor ran great. flawless all day temp. in 180 deg. range all day. Oil pressure was good. It is a torque monster.Turned all the way to 6200 rpm one time! Was esp impressed with it since thise entire build is a NOS build.NOS coverter,gears are 3.60's, nos cam. There was no NOS in sight. Every thing on the car worked the way it should as far as elect, brakes, ign. ect . We missed the susp set up badly it stayed on the bumper for the entire day. I have not worked with radials on a car like this before. But it hooked. We didn't make much progerss adjusting it at the track. Best run was a 6.08 and MPH was in the low 120's and I was not gettig to full throttle untill about 300 ft. Pull's like a bear on the far end. I have no iIdea what the car will run. We brought every thing back home safe and in one piece. It sure felt good to get back in a car, even one that acted like that. I have a starting point. I know some things I need to do to help it.Then it is off to let some one who knows what they ar doing it set the suspension. Numbers should improve dramaticaly.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 27th 2013, 11:40 am

sounds like a beast. Glad to see it come together for you. It was all over your shop in pieces when I saw it!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 27th 2013, 2:20 pm

Bad thing is I hadn't cleaned the shop good since you were there. Been out there this morning cleaning it is amazing what I've found so far. I've worked hard on it. Have a couple of friends who have helped me alot. Would have been better off taking it to a chassis man to set it up first but after all that work I had to try it my way! Even though it didn't work that great I'm still proud of it.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 27th 2013, 3:01 pm

We didn't thrash on my car alot. We had my buddies grudge car and was locked into a couple of races. We won both. It helps pay the bills if can win a few !! The other car was fussy to so we spent a good bit of time getting it where it needed to be. It ran good when the time come.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 October 27th 2013, 9:44 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:We made it to the track yesterday. Things went well for a first time out. The motor ran great. flawless all day temp. in 180 deg. range all day. Oil pressure was good. It is a torque monster.Turned all the way to 6200 rpm one time! Was esp impressed with it since thise entire build is a NOS build.NOS coverter,gears are 3.60's, nos cam. There was no NOS in sight. Every thing on the car worked the way it should as far as elect, brakes, ign. ect . We missed the susp set up badly it stayed on the bumper for the entire day. I have not worked with radials on a car like this before. But it hooked. We didn't make much progerss adjusting it at the track. Best run was a 6.08 and  MPH was in the low 120's and I was not gettig to full throttle untill about 300 ft. Pull's like a bear on the far end. I have no iIdea what the car will run. We brought every thing back home safe and in one piece. It sure felt good to get back in a car, even one that acted like that. I have a starting point. I know some things I need to do to help it.Then it is off to let some one who knows what they ar doing it set the suspension. Numbers should improve dramaticaly.
How's it sit now? SS or ladder bar ?

yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 28th 2013, 12:54 am

Good deal Ward Very Happy Wink 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 28th 2013, 10:34 am

yellowhorse7 wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:We made it to the track yesterday. Things went well for a first time out. The motor ran great. flawless all day temp. in 180 deg. range all day. Oil pressure was good. It is a torque monster.Turned all the way to 6200 rpm one time! Was esp impressed with it since thise entire build is a NOS build.NOS coverter,gears are 3.60's, nos cam. There was no NOS in sight. Every thing on the car worked the way it should as far as elect, brakes, ign. ect . We missed the susp set up badly it stayed on the bumper for the entire day. I have not worked with radials on a car like this before. But it hooked. We didn't make much progerss adjusting it at the track. Best run was a 6.08 and  MPH was in the low 120's and I was not gettig to full throttle untill about 300 ft. Pull's like a bear on the far end. I have no iIdea what the car will run. We brought every thing back home safe and in one piece. It sure felt good to get back in a car, even one that acted like that. I have a starting point. I know some things I need to do to help it.Then it is off to let some one who knows what they ar doing it set the suspension. Numbers should improve dramaticaly.

This one is a true four link set up. The chassis is a "limited street" chassis. Wish I had you her to help me set it up. I knew it was a shot in the dark with me setting it cause I don't what I'm doing with a four link. Esp from scratch. Time is getting short and it was important to me to know that every thing else worked on the car. It was also important for me to get back in the seat.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 October 28th 2013, 2:04 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:

This one is a true four link set up. The chassis is a "limited street" chassis.  Wish I had you her to help me set it up. I knew it was a shot in the dark with me setting it cause I don't what I'm doing with a four link. Esp from scratch. Time is getting short and it was important to me to know that every thing else worked on the car. It was also important for me to get back in the seat.
Check ur PM's bud
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 11th 2013, 12:23 pm

Still struggling with the radials. Decicded thatmy only hope to get the car back to the track this yr was to take it to someone. I took it to a local chassis guy and had a antiroll bar installed. Had him do a chassis set up on it while it was there. It helped a great deal car drives mch better down the track but it would not get ahold of the starting line. Most of the time just blew the tires off. Best it ran was a 5.75 at 125 mph on foot brake. It spun at about 100 feet that pass and there was a good bit of peddling on that pass. Think I'm done for the yr now.
I think I'm going to put new shocks all the way around. and restart in the spring. I'm just not sure I have the stuff under it to get the job done. Tony I'll get you some photo's & info on it.
Anybody want to guess the wt. on the pig?
David had the Bird dialed in on the 5.30 mark. Went a few rounds before being bit by a case of the red eye.

dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper November 11th 2013, 1:11 pm

Most guys that set up true 4-links only know how to set them up for slicks. way too much wheel speed usually.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 11th 2013, 2:18 pm

[quote="dr's wife rac.

[/quote]

2640 w/u in it.Smile 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 11th 2013, 4:17 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:[quote="dr's wife rac.

2640 w/u in it.Smile [/quote] Much higher Tis car is all steel only lexan is door glass
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 11th 2013, 4:20 pm

whatbumper wrote:Most guys that set up true 4-links only know how to set them up for slicks.  way too much wheel speed usually.
I think that is the case here. They got every thing going streight, just no bite. I do think new shocks on both ends will help.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. November 11th 2013, 6:00 pm

Gettin ready to buy shocks myself. What brand are you buying?

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper November 11th 2013, 7:20 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:
whatbumper wrote:Most guys that set up true 4-links only know how to set them up for slicks.  way too much wheel speed usually.
I think that is the case here. They got every thing going streight, just no bite.  I do think new shocks on both ends will help.
If you're ready for some top of the line stuff just let me know. Very Happy 

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 November 11th 2013, 8:57 pm

whatbumper wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:
I think that is the case here. They got every thing going streight, just no bite.  I do think new shocks on both ends will help.
If you're ready for some top of the line stuff just let me know.  Very Happy 
Just don't sell him santhruffs. Not a fan. Good DA Afcos and he can send them to Menscer if need be
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 11th 2013, 10:47 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:[quote="dr's wife rac.

2640 w/u in it.Smile 
    Much higher Tis car is all steel only lexan is door glass

3220 with driver???????
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE November 12th 2013, 4:11 am

Some guys try to do everything with just the 4-link because of their adjustability, forgetting that air pressure & shock adjustments are also usable tools to add into the mix as well.

I have seen where some guys absolutely refuse to play with air pressure numbers just because they have a "favorite" pressure number that they have always used forever, and ever (and they aint gona change now).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next