BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil pumps HV/HP, SV/HP, Hv/SP, SV/SP????

5 posters

Go down

Oil pumps HV/HP, SV/HP, Hv/SP, SV/SP???? Empty Oil pumps HV/HP, SV/HP, Hv/SP, SV/SP????

Post  HorsinAround July 16th 2013, 11:24 am

I tried searching but didn't find anything specific to my question. I'll be running a 514 and am gearing to turn 7000 rpm max in the quarter, shifting at 6500.
Should I be looking at a High volume high pressure, standard volume high pressure, high volume standard pressure or std, std?

Will be starting with a Melling pump for sure...
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Oil pumps HV/HP, SV/HP, Hv/SP, SV/SP???? Empty Re: Oil pumps HV/HP, SV/HP, Hv/SP, SV/SP????

Post  IDT-572 July 16th 2013, 12:03 pm

I have always ran hv-hp , but made sure the bearing clearances and pan are up to the job. And with a solid roller restrict oil to the top.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Oil pumps HV/HP, SV/HP, Hv/SP, SV/SP???? Empty Re: Oil pumps HV/HP, SV/HP, Hv/SP, SV/SP????

Post  LivermoreDave July 16th 2013, 1:05 pm

http://www.melling.com/Aftermarket/TechTipVideos.aspx

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  austin460 July 16th 2013, 7:34 pm

Try and get hold of Paul Kane at High Flow Dynamics. He knows more about BBF oiling systems than most. Very helpful and will not sell you what you don't need. He sorted mine and My mates pumps no problem at all.
austin460
austin460

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 July 16th 2013, 7:43 pm

IDT-572 wrote:I have always ran hv-hp , but made sure the bearing clearances and pan are up to the job. And with a solid roller restrict oil to the top.
How do u restrict oil to the top in your engines IDT?
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down