BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Drag Racer From Florida

+2
Dave C.
maverick532
6 posters

Go down

New Drag Racer From Florida Empty New Drag Racer From Florida

Post  514F-1 August 6th 2013, 8:24 pm

Hey guys, just checking in.  I lurked here for a while and decided to sign up.  I'm new to BBF's, I've had SBF's and one Mopar before, yes Mopar,Rolling Eyes  not sure what I was thinking, but I got over it LOL.Wink 

Anyway, about the truck, Its a 1948 F-1 pickup, Full tube chassis full electronics, weighs 2700 with everything but me, set up for Super Pro and NHRA Super Street/IHRA Hot Rod racing, its got a 514 , with a powerglide. It was built by a retired Naval Engineer in Oakland California in the early 2000's, but he had back problems and never got to race it much. The owner that I bought it from raced it in Georiga for a while before parking it, so i'm sure it might be famililiar to a few of you guys.  I'm planning to do some IHRA Div. 2 racing as well as running plenty of Super Pro races, hoping to hit some of the big ones in the fall. I'm sure I'll be seeing plenty of you guys around Florida, I race mainly at Bradenton, but I try to hit Sunshine, Lakeland, Orlando, Gainesville, and Immokalee at least a few times a year also.

Here are some Pics, the last one was sent to me by the original builder, that is what the truck looked like when he started
New Drag Racer From Florida 5bb91783-2f44-4abb-8820-8a4d66d065c0_zps96ec7ca7
New Drag Racer From Florida 100_1279_zpsbd7e1f1d
New Drag Racer From Florida 100_1292_zps4e556c8f
New Drag Racer From Florida 100_1278_zps44bb584f
New Drag Racer From Florida 5875a03d-3100-4de9-b438-65f4dd2bd4f4_zpsbbf81103
New Drag Racer From Florida 100_1281_zps65291e29
New Drag Racer From Florida Scan0002_zps8880d166
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

New Drag Racer From Florida Empty Re: New Drag Racer From Florida

Post  maverick532 August 6th 2013, 8:37 pm

Welcome aboard . That's an awesome looking truck you have there . Will look forward to seeing it run . If your over my way let me know I'd like to see you make some passes . Orlando Speed World .

maverick532

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. August 6th 2013, 9:01 pm

Welcome ! Nice truck.. Thats gotta be the longest coil wire I've ever seen! Smile Got nothing against a Mopar.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  LovesDemCubes August 12th 2013, 7:26 pm

The truck is a real beaut.

Welcome to the forum.

LovesDemCubes

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 24th 2013, 10:42 pm

Thats a badass truck brother,Where bouts you live in Florida?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 29th 2013, 11:50 am

I used to live in FL. I have lots of friends who race there. My favorite tracks down there are St. Pete, Bradenton and Lakeland (now that it's running better with the new operator). I still get down ther a time or two a year. I'll be looking for that cool truck. To repeat Rick's question....What town do you live in?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 September 1st 2013, 2:44 pm

maverick wrote:I used to live in FL.  I have lots of friends who race there.  My favorite tracks down there are St. Pete, Bradenton and Lakeland (now that it's running better with the new operator).  I still get down ther a time or two a year.  I'll be looking for that cool truck.  To repeat Rick's question....What town do you live in?
Thanks for the compliments on the truck, live in Plant City.
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 1st 2013, 9:08 pm

514F-1 wrote:
maverick wrote:I used to live in FL.  I have lots of friends who race there.  My favorite tracks down there are St. Pete, Bradenton and Lakeland (now that it's running better with the new operator).  I still get down ther a time or two a year.  I'll be looking for that cool truck.  To repeat Rick's question....What town do you live in?
Nice. Say hello to Bill Thompson for me. I'm sure you know of his machine shop. He's a cool guy and a Ford lover at heart.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 2nd 2013, 12:00 am

514F-1 wrote:
We'll be neighbors in about 3 yrs I hope. I have property in Zephyrhills. Maybe I can see that truck in early spring.Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 September 2nd 2013, 8:21 am

maverick wrote:
514F-1 wrote:
Nice.  Say hello to Bill Thompson for me.  I'm sure you know of his machine shop.  He's a cool guy and a Ford lover at heart.
Yes, I know of Bill, haven't ever used his machine shop, but I have heard lots of good things about his work. I met him once seems like a nice guy.
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 September 2nd 2013, 8:25 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
514F-1 wrote:
We'll be neighbors in about 3 yrs I hope. I have property in Zephyrhills. Maybe I can see that truck in early spring.Very Happy 
That's cool, hope you get the chance to move down. There is a very nice speed & machine shop in Zephyrhills called Bullfrog Perfoance. Last time I was in there, a couple weeks back, he had just dynoed a 800HP P-51 head, pump gas motor for a sand dragster, pretty cool actually.Cool  I should be at the track lots during the spring, lots of great racing here then if you come down.
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 2nd 2013, 1:47 pm

Bullfrog...Yeh, know Jeremiah, too. My buds are in his place a lot. I'll look you up when I'm in Z-hills.

Rick, I didn't know you were gonna relocate to FL. That's my old stomping grounds. We'll probably see a lot of each other there. I'm quite familiar with the area. Where's your property located?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 2nd 2013, 2:02 pm

514F-1 wrote:
maverick wrote:
514F-1 wrote:
Nice.  Say hello to Bill Thompson for me.  I'm sure you know of his machine shop.  He's a cool guy and a Ford lover at heart.
Yes, I know of Bill, haven't ever used his machine shop, but I have heard lots of good things about his work.  I met him once seems like a nice guy.
Bill has a soft spot for big Fords. Go check out his 454" FE powered '56 T-Bird. He flogged that thing in the early '60's...I wonder if he's finished with the resto...Cool 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 5th 2013, 8:46 pm

Rick, I didn't know you were gonna relocate to FL.  That's my old stomping grounds.  We'll probably see a lot of each other there. I'm quite familiar with the area.  Where's your property located?[/quote]
West end of Zephyrhills just off 301. We are thinking about trying to find a place in the country outside Bradenton.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down