BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sturgis SD race

3 posters

Go down

Sturgis SD race Empty Sturgis SD race

Post  schmitty August 7th 2013, 10:49 pm

Well Sturgis on Sunday was not my best again. I had a water pump go out, and didn't realize it until race time. Not good when you can't circulate water. When we lost the water pump, we burned a couple fuses trying to find out what happened, and I raced a couple rounds with no air shifter and no trans brake. We were doing some long rounds at first and had time to get some fresh water through it by gravity feeding it though the temp sending unit. Got to the short rounds and didn't have as much time to cool it properly. Got down to the 2-3 place and decided to forfeit and take 3rd. A call to Lem and had a new pump next day shipped to the place we were at, and a hard thrash getting it installed, and we were ready for the Tuesday race. It turned into a lane choice race, with one lane definitely an advantage. Made it through with a lot of luck for the first rounds, then it got dark and we called it off till this morning. Went down to the end and lost by a red light on my part, so took second. Had a lot of fun up there and had some good racing against some of the best trucks in the Midwest.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Sturgis SD race Empty Re: Sturgis SD race

Post  Dave C. August 8th 2013, 3:06 am

Improvise ! Good job Cool 

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 August 8th 2013, 7:56 am

Pics Exclamation  Wink
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 8th 2013, 11:37 am

bigblockfox468 wrote:Pics Exclamation  Wink
Sorry Mike, no pics. I don't do pics up there, there would be evidence that could be held against me. I don't get out a whole lot up there either. I can see what some of the other guys got and , maybe forward a few to you though. Wink 
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down