BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plates & Direct Ports?

5 posters

Go down

Plates & Direct Ports? Empty Plates & Direct Ports?

Post  LovesDemCubes August 16th 2013, 7:23 pm

It is my understanding that Nitrous is the great equalizer and the cheapest(initially anyway) power adder.

Do you guys use a plate as a first stage to get traction and then really come out at mid track with a direct port set-up or do you use a timer to stage a single hit?

LovesDemCubes

Back to top Go down

Plates & Direct Ports? Empty Re: Plates & Direct Ports?

Post  richter69 August 16th 2013, 9:48 pm

I just have a plate on both cars and its all on at the transbrake release, i use a 7531 to control some of the hit on the bb car and a progressive on the sb deal.

I do havebtwo foggers on the bench that will be on the bb car soon, one stage at the tb release and the 2nd stage on a timer.

Its all about what your trying to do.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 16th 2013, 10:25 pm

This^^^^
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LovesDemCubes August 17th 2013, 6:24 pm

richter69 wrote:I just have a plate on both cars and its all on at the transbrake release, i use a 7531 to control some of the hit on the bb car and a progressive on the sb deal.

I do havebtwo foggers on the bench that will be on the bb car soon, one stage at the tb release and the 2nd stage on a timer.

Its all about what your trying to do.
All in by the brake's release sounds like a wild ride there. cheers cheers 

LovesDemCubes

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 19th 2013, 8:10 am

225-275 hit, all in on a transbrake release makes my little ranger scream and the mud fly on the cut tires! Twisted Evil 
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck August 23rd 2013, 10:06 pm

LovesDemCubes wrote:It is my understanding that Nitrous is the great equalizer and the cheapest(initially anyway) power adder.

Do you guys use a plate as a first stage to get traction and then really come out at mid track with a direct port set-up or do you use a timer to stage a single hit?

To go as fast as you can, you need to get the second kit on as quick as the track/chassis will let you. My car is faster with one stage and a progressive.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LovesDemCubes August 27th 2013, 10:01 am

chuck wrote:
LovesDemCubes wrote:It is my understanding that Nitrous is the great equalizer and the cheapest(initially anyway) power adder.

To go as fast as you can, you need to get the second kit on as quick as the track/chassis will let you. My car is faster with one stage and a progressive.
How big is your single stage?

LovesDemCubes

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck August 28th 2013, 11:25 pm

LovesDemCubes wrote:
chuck wrote:

How big is your single stage?
300hp....leave @ 30 percent ramp it 1.9 seconds. Car has backed up runs, 4 times in a row like a bracket car.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down