BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Results from this weekend

4 posters

Go down

Race Results from this weekend Empty Race Results from this weekend

Post  D. Sea October 26th 2009, 12:25 pm

Race results....

Chuck and his folks went down to MP Dragway for the Ken More Bluegrass Nationals this weekend and arrived on Thursday. It rained Thursday night, Friday and Saturday morning into mid day. I got there Saturday morning...... it FINALLY stopped raining and we got one time run. I don't have my tim slip in front of me but the air wasn't very good however the cooler temps made up for it (In the low 50's). So the right lane resulted in a 5.927 at 117.4 mph. Later on that night and I do mean LATER on, in the first round everyone wants the right lane and unfortunately I had to race one of only a few cars quicker than me and I get bumped over into the left lane. He was dialed in at a 5.63 and I'm dialed in at a 5.90 The lights drop and I drop a .002 on him but my car doesn't run the number in the left lane. Short time is a little off. But I still win becaus he goes 5.622 on his 5.63 and I go 5.97 on the 5.90

No more racing, as we were in the lanes for the second round, after midnight, no one could get down the track and they called it. Temp was like 39 degrees, lots of dew had settled and it was WAY humid.... Not a good combination.

So Sunday they decide to race for all the marbles but I just couldn't stay and race until 3 or 4AM Monday morning so I called it a weekend, got a break pass and headed for the house.

But I did run my quickes 1/8 ET ever and I got the new button dialed in....... So I was somewhat happy and I got to hang out with Bill, Chuck, his folks and Brandon. BTW, Thanks for bringing the radiator for chuck, from Rick.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Race Results from this weekend Empty Re: Race Results from this weekend

Post  Copperhead October 26th 2009, 12:48 pm

I originally planned on going to that event, but I had some family come in for the weekend,....AND after seeing the weather forecast, I figured I'd skip it.

I want to get mine to track at least one more time before I call it quits for the year.
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 26th 2009, 3:01 pm

Copperhead wrote:I originally planned on going to that event, but I had some family come in for the weekend,....AND after seeing the weather forecast, I figured I'd skip it.

I want to get mine to track at least one more time before I call it quits for the year.

I got a break pass so we MAY have another go at it in a few weeks.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Race Results from this weekend Empty break pass

Post  hienergy557 October 26th 2009, 6:21 pm

Damon, What is a break pass? Cheers Colin.
hienergy557
hienergy557

Back to top Go down

Post  85montess October 26th 2009, 7:45 pm

The track gave him a pass for X amount to race at another event this year, because he couldn't race on Sunday and had won his round on Saturday night and had not made any passes on Sunday (sort of like it broke before going to the staging lanes).
85montess
85montess

Back to top Go down

Race Results from this weekend Empty break pass

Post  hienergy557 October 26th 2009, 8:22 pm

Wow, That doesn't happen here. In that situation if you decided leave thats your choice. No pass for next time.
Cheers Colin.
hienergy557
hienergy557

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 28th 2009, 12:21 pm

Since the race was called Saturday night/Sunday morning due to a slick track, all winners could get a break pass IF they weren't racing on Sunday OR pay another $70 and they doubled the winnings. See, they were racing on Saturday and then another race on Sunday.

12:30 AM and we are just starting second round with 500+ cars (Gueestimate as there were around 400 Box cars)

Wish I could have stayed but I only planned on racing Saturday.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down