BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made a new friend today

+2
res0rli9
Mike R
6 posters

Go down

Made a new friend today Empty Made a new friend today

Post  Mike R September 29th 2013, 4:22 pm

A friend of mine told me about a friend of hers that had to get rid of his dog. I went to meet him today, brought him home and he's now checking out my house and getting used to us. My big concern is how to introduce him to our cat, can anyone offer any tips? She's in the basement now and I don't want to just through them together.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Made a new friend today Empty Re: Made a new friend today

Post  res0rli9 September 29th 2013, 5:35 pm

mite work if the dog is a puppy other wise good luck affraid Rolling Eyes 

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g September 29th 2013, 9:27 pm

She will taste like chicken to him. Very Happy 
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 29th 2013, 9:45 pm

the cat dont give shit........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 30th 2013, 1:37 am

If the cat stands it's grd it will be fine,if not ,it's 9 lives won't last long.Embarassed 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 2nd 2013, 12:10 pm

Mike R wrote:A friend of mine told me about a friend of hers that had to get rid of his dog. I went to meet him today, brought him home and he's now checking out my house and getting used to us. My big concern is how to introduce him to our cat, can anyone offer any tips? She's in the basement now and I don't want to just through them together.
Use a leash on the dog when they meet. Since the cat was there first the dog when be ok with it hopefully. It will smell the cat all over the house, probably knows it there anyway. The bigger problem would be bring a cat to a dog's house. Had a few new dogs over the years, and have cats. No problems there. Old dogs meeting a new dog is a bigger problem than yours.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R October 2nd 2013, 8:24 pm

Things are working themselves out. They are getting used to each other, no fights or other problems, Now I have to get him to the vet, he's got a problem with his right eye, it may be blind but I want to know whats up with it, hopefully nothing serious. He's a Jack Russell with some pit in him, he's super friendly, made himself right at home and just seems like an alright friendly dog. We're glad to be able to help and take him in and make him part of the family.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 4th 2013, 12:04 am

Mike R wrote:Things are working themselves out. They are getting used to each other, no fights or other problems, Now I have to get him to the vet, he's got a problem with his right eye, it may be blind but I want to know whats up with it, hopefully nothing serious. He's a Jack Russell with some pit in him, he's super friendly, made himself right at home and just seems like an alright friendly dog. We're glad to be able to help and take him in and make him part of the family.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Shine a flash light in both eyes at, night and see if either or both glow green. Had one with night blindess in both eyes, neither would glow, had another that only had one eye that would glow. Maybe he can't see the cat at all and just smells it, and hears it, does not wan't to taste it just yet,LOL.  Serious about the night blindness, though. Hold your hand over his good eye, and move your finger around the bad one and see if his eye follows your finger, like your eye doctor does you or me.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down