BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! Empty HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!

Post  ThndrChkn October 11th 2013, 9:22 am

I was talking to a guy the other day, that I helped do a 466 for, for his Foxbody Mustang...  It started out as your run of the mill 466, with flat tops, a shelf grind Hyd FT cam from Comp that he had, and some D3 heads I rubbed on a little...  It ran pretty good as it was a tire frier at will...  Well, he moved to Washington and I thought that was it, until he moved back a little while ago. We were talking about his car and he was telling me he met a guy out in Washington that was into the BBF's and the guy told him he needed to change tha cam, so they put a solid FT cam in it...  I don't know the specs...  Anyhow, he ran it on a chassis dyno and it made 563 RWHP!!  IIRC it had around 10.2:1 C/R, and when I did the heads, I put 2.25/1.71 valves in them, did studs & guideplates and Harland Sharp rockers... He runs it on pump gas (91) and drives it everywhere...  I'd say he's got himself a pretty nice street bruiser...

Anyway, just thought I'd share...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! Empty Re: HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!

Post  dirt_worker October 11th 2013, 9:55 am

Imo it sounds like a really happy dyno...
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 11th 2013, 10:34 am

I don't know for sure, all I know is what I was told... It was done someplace near Seattle is all I know... I know it won't make that kind of power in Montana...Laughing Laughing 

ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down