BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Progress of My big block 598ci TFS Ahead mustang

+28
Mark Miller
FalconEh
yellowhorse7
schmitty
BOSS 429
CHARLIEB
bronco911
Lem Evans
70FB
cool40
badnotch
56Tbird
fstrthnu373
richter69
tconnection
IDT-572
larry552
69F100
jbozzelle
soupbean
res0rli9
nitrous.f
bbf-falcon
dfree383
J.Toney
maverick
windsor
deliveredfast
32 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Progress of My big block 598ci TFS Ahead mustang - Page 6 Empty Re: Progress of My big block 598ci TFS Ahead mustang

Post  deliveredfast August 11th 2014, 9:46 am

richter69 wrote:dont forget the vegtable strainer......

whats that for?
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Progress of My big block 598ci TFS Ahead mustang - Page 6 Empty Re: Progress of My big block 598ci TFS Ahead mustang

Post  deliveredfast August 11th 2014, 9:47 am

windsor wrote:
deliveredfast wrote:well I added a vacuum pump and wa la picked up 5 mph in 1/4 and 3 mph in the 1/8th. She's flying now. Now im looking to put a front facing lexan scoop on the cae:D

Wow, that's a big improvement from one change.  Nice!

Was it evacing somehow before or just breathers?

Just breathers
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast August 11th 2014, 9:47 am

IDT-572 wrote:Congrats Charles IN RUNNING NOW.

thx bounce bounce bounce 
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 11th 2014, 10:44 am

Congrats Charles,you got it hittin a good lick now.  Cool 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 11th 2014, 9:37 pm

deliveredfast wrote:

whats that for?

keeps the rocks and such out of the combustion chambers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 12th 2014, 8:34 am

richter69 wrote:
deliveredfast wrote:

whats that for?

keeps the rocks, birds, small children and such out of the combustion chambers

Fixed.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast August 22nd 2014, 11:07 pm

I will be at milan tomorrow with the car. Gonna finally do some grudging alien  Anyone plan on going, feel free to stop and say hello bounce 
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 24th 2014, 9:05 am

Video's Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast August 24th 2014, 10:43 am

1 video of me on my way up to the bumper. I had a ruff nite. First pass I got pushed back, they said I had a big oil leak but it ended up being water. My fitting split on my water pressure sensor.

2nd pass the line guy held us on our trans brake for like 6 seconds which felt like for ever. it was pro tree we both turned on 2nd lite and went on brake and they just held us Evil or Very Mad 

3rd pass I actual had a real race, 1st actual race for cash. I won, the other car had a problem tho.

4th pass I took hood off and put lexan forward faceing scoop on. Car left like ususal with small wheelie about 10/20 feet out then suddenly the car started to go up higher and higher like I hit the nos but. My buddy said rpms started screaming as well. How ever I do not have spray yet. well I was not ready for that and paniced and took foot off gas and buried the front end. Smacked the oil pan pretty good but no major damage. I did catch 1 of my trans line under the pan and put a hole in it, which I fixed imediatley.

5th pass I tried it again with scoop, car was spinning during the 60ft and I got out off it further down track and back in it. Right out the quarter at 159mph fluid started covering my windshield in the darkness of the nite. I could not see anything so I just started braking. Brakes locked up at 1 point and had car sideways. I didnt know where I was at. I caused the car behind me to spin out as well. niether of us hit wall and both are ok.

The screw on the front bowl of carb that lets u adjust the float was gone and I got nothing but fuel spraying the entire windshield. Looking at the race pak it appears it happened after I was off throttle, but now I have to do some checking to be sure it didnt get sucked into the carb affraid 

To top it all off when I got home somebody parked their truck accross from my driveway, it took for ever to get my trailer in the driveway and just as I got it in my truck died. battery took a chit and would not charge. What a freaking day/nite. I will post video when the guy puts it up..
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 24th 2014, 11:24 am

Coulda been worse. You could've eaten a bad piece of fish and got a case of the runs. Rolling Eyes 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast August 24th 2014, 2:14 pm

maverick wrote:Coulda been worse.  You could've eaten a bad piece of fish and got a case of the runs. Rolling Eyes 
Oh did I leave that out? yeah I woke up wit da chits. My 5 year old was in my way and almost ran him over trying to get to da chitter pale 
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 24th 2014, 2:22 pm

deliveredfast wrote:
maverick wrote:Coulda been worse.  You could've eaten a bad piece of fish and got a case of the runs. Rolling Eyes 
Oh did I leave that out? yeah I woke up wit da chits. My 5 year old was in my way and almost ran him over trying to get to da chitter pale 

Now that's a full day of fun right there. Laughing Funny how a case of the "green apple quickstep" will get you out of bed faster than a smoke alarm.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 August 24th 2014, 3:22 pm

Sounds like it's coming along Charles  Cool 
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh August 24th 2014, 6:29 pm

Nice...Track that sucker!...Whoomp there it is!
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 24th 2014, 7:30 pm

Charles,it was actually a good night. You made it home w/o wrecking the car,major breaking of parts,and walking and breathing. Sounds like the car is making great power. Nice Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast August 24th 2014, 11:55 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Charles,it was actually a good night. You made it home w/o wrecking the car,major breaking of parts,and walking and breathing. Sounds like the car is making great power. Nice Very Happy 

yeah I looked at racepak and it says its still spinning on off in the 60ft and still gave me a short time of 1.19 on the last pass. I can now say with confidence, This thing is a beast king  lol
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Progress of My big block 598ci TFS Ahead mustang - Page 6 Empty wheel stand vid

Post  deliveredfast August 25th 2014, 9:50 pm

Video of my :eek: moment. It popped the lil wheelie as usual then it started to go up fast and I planted the front end to the pavement. Go to 3.47 mark in video.Very Happy It doesnt look to bad in video but it sure felt like I was on my way to tipping over lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2bQZDN5AvE#t=237
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney August 25th 2014, 10:09 pm

Ouch. Sad
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh August 25th 2014, 11:35 pm

cheers Hey that ain't no bike...Nice Wheelie!
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Progress of My big block 598ci TFS Ahead mustang - Page 6 Empty another bad day at the track

Post  deliveredfast September 7th 2014, 10:27 pm

A long story short, I went to track yesterday and went to make a pass. I did my burn out and as I was flipping the switch for the racepak I heard the most horrific noise ever. It was my motor clanking and what not. I shut it down immediately. Pushed back to my pit area and turned it over with out ignition and again clank clank clank in the bottom end:( Well thats it, Im thinking Im done for the year.

So last night I started tearing the car down so I can take out motor. I removed motor today. Snatched out motor and trans together.
Progress of My big block 598ci TFS Ahead mustang - Page 6 IMAG0949_zps18f0b00a
And while it was out I weighed it as well:D. So I separated the trans from the motor and as I was about to remove the flywheel so I could put motor on engine stand I noticed every last bolt was loose and flywheel moved back and forth:D hurray hurray. I am 1 happy camper. yeah I need a new flyweel as the bolt hole are ovaled out but thats fine by me.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney September 7th 2014, 10:34 pm

What bolts? Tourqed with loctite? I've got a freind that had 2 or 3 sets of converter bolts loosen up. I had been instslling loctite and hitting them with my 3/8" impact. Finally, with the next converter 7/16" bolts vs 3/8" on the older unit, I decided to torque them (50 or 60#), flat washer, red loctite. So far so good.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast September 7th 2014, 10:50 pm

J.Toney wrote:What bolts? Tourqed with loctite? I've got a freind that had 2 or 3 sets of converter bolts loosen up. I had been instslling loctite and hitting them with my 3/8" impact. Finally, with the next converter 7/16" bolts vs 3/8" on the older unit, I decided to torque them (50 or 60#), flat washer, red loctite.  So far so good.

Arp flywheel bolts torqued but no loctite. Im gonna get a new set of arp bolts and loctite this time for sure.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 September 8th 2014, 7:10 am

I'd bet dollars that the bolts were a hair too long and that they never were able to fully seat. We've seen it a bunch. Call me if you want to talk about it
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 8th 2014, 8:27 am

yellowhorse7 wrote:I'd bet dollars that the bolts were a hair too long and that they never were able to fully seat. We've seen it a bunch. Call me if you want to talk about it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney September 8th 2014, 9:42 pm

:cheers:good call!  
yellowhorse7 wrote:I'd bet dollars that the bolts were a hair too long and that they never were able to fully seat. We've seen it a bunch. Call me if you want to talk about it
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next