BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil fill in a vac pump/wet sump set up

+2
PanaVet
HorsinAround
6 posters

Go down

Oil fill in a vac pump/wet sump set up Empty Oil fill in a vac pump/wet sump set up

Post  HorsinAround October 17th 2013, 11:25 am

I am going to have a vac. pump on my new wet sump build and I am wondering what others do to handle oil fills. Is there a valve cover cap that is sealed yet removable to pour oil in? Or, is there another way to handle this task?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. It was easy with my dry sump system lol.

Alan
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Oil fill in a vac pump/wet sump set up Empty Re: Oil fill in a vac pump/wet sump set up

Post  PanaVet October 17th 2013, 11:31 am

GZ Motorsports makes some nice stuff...I use this....

http://www.gzmotorsports.com/VCV102A-Vacuum-Control-Valve.html
PanaVet
PanaVet

Back to top Go down

Oil fill in a vac pump/wet sump set up Empty Re: Oil fill in a vac pump/wet sump set up

Post  whatbumper October 17th 2013, 1:05 pm

We just pull a valve cover.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  460pulling October 17th 2013, 1:44 pm

Peterson, summit, jegs all sell O ring weld on filler bungs with caps in both aluminum and steel. Moroso 85283, all-star 36160

460pulling

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 17th 2013, 1:48 pm

Lem had mine made with the fill cap in each side and the vac hookup in the front.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave October 17th 2013, 2:09 pm

If your valve covers have a hole with a rubber grommet, simply use that hole for adding oil.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround October 18th 2013, 8:41 am

LivermoreDave wrote:If your valve covers have a hole with a rubber grommet, simply use that hole for adding oil.

Dave.
Naturally I thought of that, but also thought that setup might be a place for a vacuum leak as those twist lock caps are not always the tightest fitting.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave October 18th 2013, 8:49 am

You make a valid point although if hot oil doesn't leak (fume) from the filler cap it may work. You could install an o-ring on the cap along with the gasket that usually accompanies the "twist-lock" type of filler cap. Also, before going to the extra expense, first install the valve cover with the "twist-lock", while the engine is running remove the "twist-lock" cap and simply hold your hand over the oil fill hole and watch the vacuum gauge.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum