BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did my HP go?

+11
Frenchie
460pulling
LivermoreDave
HorsinAround
Lem Evans
cool40
460bronco
kim
69F100
bbf-falcon
bronco911
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where did my HP go?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did my HP go?

Post  J.Toney October 19th 2013, 2:54 pm

MPH is right there, not hooking?
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco911 October 19th 2013, 3:07 pm

J.Toney wrote:MPH is right there, not hooking?
I really thought it was, but now comparing the slips it appears that a problem has developed getting out of the hole. Hmmm, gonna suck if I have to order some more tires to add a paddle.
I need to order some parts and schedule some dyno time, then I can call Gary Baker for some paddle advice. Maybe need to play with the gears a little before next season also.
Thats one of the biggest problems, I can't just take it out anywhere and play around with gearing and such, need to make my own sand pit.
Thanks for all the input guys, I'll be tugging on quite a few of your brains over the next 5-6 months for my next project. (base is an eliminator ultra, and up from there) wishing sand was not so hard on turbo's, or we could figure a twin turbo 630ci MONSTER!!! Shocked Twisted Evil 
bronco911
bronco911

Back to top Go down

Post  norm October 19th 2013, 3:20 pm

Are the scoops configured the same as your old tires just a different sidewall stiffness?

Were the two track samples both from WMSD or at least the same track? The tracks have varied a lot time wise from what I've seen.

We ran at WMSD over the 4th and I thought the ET were not too great, like the track wasn't hooking. I was a little over 63mph with some 2.1 60 FTS so maybe track difference year to year is what you are seeing possibly?
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco911 October 19th 2013, 3:30 pm

norm wrote:Are the scoops configured the same as your old tires just a different sidewall stiffness?

Were the two track samples both from WMSD or at least the same track? The tracks have varied a lot time wise from what I've seen.

We ran at WMSD over the 4th and I thought the ET were not too great, like the track wasn't hooking. I was a little over 63mph with some 2.1 60 FTS so maybe track difference year to year is what you are seeing possibly?
Yeah, it was the same track, over at the greens. I thought of that also, but it even feels slower just with my dune driving. Hard to explain.
I heard quite a few people complaining about west mi. mix this year. Everyone was saying about the same as you, like they changed it up and took out some clay, hard to hook.

Thanks, Ray

FYI, the scoops are the same configuration, 18 staggered

Last edited by bronco911 on October 19th 2013, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to answer a question)
bronco911
bronco911

Back to top Go down

Post  norm October 19th 2013, 3:56 pm

Sand is kinda funny. Some times you Change something and it feels way better out on the road and its slower in the sand, other times a minuscule change and its faster in the sand. Usually I change stuff and it gets slower Sad
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf October 19th 2013, 6:27 pm

I wonder if the cam is not exactly the same. It may have the same specs but maybe the lobe design is different due to newer technology, changes in their lobe ramp patterns etc. from the time the first cam was made to the time the new cam was made.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum