BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quetion for you guys from the 50s ...about Ritchie Valens (guy at works rant)

+12
IDT-572
kim
maverick
Lem Evans
schmitty
whatbumper
61coon
richter69
342g
dr's wife racing
LivermoreDave
5pointslow
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

quetion for you guys from the 50s ...about Ritchie Valens (guy at works rant)  Empty quetion for you guys from the 50s ...about Ritchie Valens (guy at works rant)

Post  5pointslow October 23rd 2013, 9:06 am

Very Random question

I was at work yesterday ..... theres these 2 older guys late 60s maybe early 70s
they were debating and arguing about Ritchie valens .

one of the guys was claiming that if he didnt die in that plane crash , he would have been as big time as Elvis and famous or more .

Was just curious any truth to that or is he just ranting ? .........at the end of all of it its just an opinion

i just thought it was funny watching to old men piss n moan over it .

Im done lol ....... sorry if this was painfull to read

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

quetion for you guys from the 50s ...about Ritchie Valens (guy at works rant)  Empty Re: quetion for you guys from the 50s ...about Ritchie Valens (guy at works rant)

Post  LivermoreDave October 23rd 2013, 9:44 am

I don't believe Ritchie Valens would have rivaled Elvis Presley. Elvis was everywhere! His first hit song, Heartbreak Hotel in 1955 and his first movie, Love Me Tender in 1956 made it almost impossible to ignore the young hip gyrating handsome star! Ritchie Valens had the rhythm and a great fan base although he didn't have many gigs of his own, he traveled and performed with other greats Big Bopper and Buddy Holly who he died with in the plane crash of 1959. Not to say Ritchie Valens wasn't great, he just didn't have the presence of Elvis Presley that Col.Tom Parker provided.

To simply offer my opinion, no Valens would not have rivaled Presley.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

quetion for you guys from the 50s ...about Ritchie Valens (guy at works rant)  Empty Re: quetion for you guys from the 50s ...about Ritchie Valens (guy at works rant)

Post  5pointslow October 23rd 2013, 10:07 am

i totally understand

i just thought these to old guys were ranting over an opinion .......and figuared id see what others ( you guys)
thougt
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 23rd 2013, 12:02 pm

Another random question. Who else was supposed to be on that plane?
Trivia for old and bored
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow October 23rd 2013, 12:12 pm

i was told by the same guy i work with ,

somthing about a coin flip , Waylon jennings his seat to the big bopper ...or somthing along those lines i could have that wrong from what im told

i think i read jennings was buddy hollys bass player
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  342g October 23rd 2013, 1:13 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Another random question. Who else was supposed to be on that plane?
Trivia for old and bored
Waylon Jennings
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 23rd 2013, 1:24 pm

musicians shouldnt travel by air......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon October 23rd 2013, 2:01 pm

I heard some Richie valens on am 651 this morning. Pretty good stuff......
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 23rd 2013, 2:51 pm

He didn't live long enough to get a huge fan base.  He probably would have been a headliner soon if he didn't die.  Remember he was 17 years old when he died and already had some hits.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 23rd 2013, 6:34 pm

All I can say is that I've never seen a Richie Valens impersonator, and there are more than a few Elvis impersonators around.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 23rd 2013, 6:49 pm

schmitty wrote:All I can say is that I've never seen a Richie Valens impersonator, and there are more than a few Elvis impersonators around.  
You will not see many farmer impersonators either...but...that don't make farmers bad guys Razz 

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 23rd 2013, 6:54 pm

If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all those impersonators would be dead.Razz 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 23rd 2013, 7:04 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
schmitty wrote:All I can say is that I've never seen a Richie Valens impersonator, and there are more than a few Elvis impersonators around.  
You will not see many farmer impersonators either...but...that don't make farmers bad guys Razz 
I should check into that gig, might be better than what I've got going now. Very Happy 
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 23rd 2013, 8:26 pm

Wouldn't that be like Elvis taking a job as an Elvis impersonator?Suspect 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kim October 23rd 2013, 8:28 pm

Near the end, he might have booked more money.  As the overweight, lethargic, gravy sweeting abonation that he became, I wager more people would have paid more just to hear the music, if they thought it was someone trying hard. And here is the real bitch in the whole thing. DEAD>>>> DEAD dead dead he makes more in two months than I make in a year killing myself. Aint life a bitch, one of the most profitable people in the world dies of a heart attack taking a crap.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave October 23rd 2013, 9:40 pm

kim wrote:Aint life a bitch
Reminds me of a story I heard.

In a cotton field in South Alabama during the heat of the summer, two dogs were chasing a third dog. One of the two dogs giving chase looked at the other, damn near exhaustion, his tongue hanging out and said,"ain't this a bitch!". The other dog giving chase replied, "it damn sure better be".

Let the music play,
Dave.

Last edited by LivermoreDave on October 24th 2013, 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 23rd 2013, 10:00 pm

Rudy Ray Moore ?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 23rd 2013, 10:04 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Rudy Ray Moore ?
AKA James Lewis Moore..................Very Happy 
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 23rd 2013, 10:06 pm

K Y Randy Moore.............

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 23rd 2013, 10:58 pm

Damn,wish i was old enough to get in this conversation.Mad 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 23rd 2013, 11:23 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Damn,wish i was old enough to get in this conversation.Mad 
. Brotha Dave Gardner:twisted: 
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 24th 2013, 8:43 am

You are.Rolling Eyes 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 24th 2013, 8:44 am

IDT-572 wrote:
.     Brotha Dave Gardner:twisted: 
Funny guy. He's often on XM radio.Cool 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 24th 2013, 1:16 pm

It was Jennings that was to be on the plane. Story goes there was one too few seats on the plain. They drew straws or something because one had to ride the bus. He lost and found out about the crash when he arrived.He suffered from survivers gulit the rest of his life. Said this had alot to do with his substance abuse issues. Pretty sad deal when you read about the whole thing.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow October 24th 2013, 1:46 pm

from wikipedia

Waylon Jennings was a guitarist for Buddy Holly's band and initially had a seat on the ill-fated aircraft on The Day the Music Died. But Jennings gave up his seat to the sick J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson, only to learn later of the plane's demise. When Holly learned that Jennings was not going to fly, he said, "Well, I hope your ol' bus freezes up." Jennings responded, "Well, I hope your ol' plane crashes." This exchange of words, though made in jest at the time, haunted Jennings for the rest of his life.[7][8] Jennings, who later became a country music star, expressed survivor's guilt about Richardson's death.

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next