BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED

+7
richter69
cool40
dfree383
bbf-falcon
jeffgfg
jasonf
BCOWANWHEELS
11 posters

Go down

FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED Empty FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED

Post  BCOWANWHEELS November 13th 2013, 5:05 pm

WELL fellas sorry its taken so long but in order to get  a good price i told my machineist to "just work it in " and he finished up machineing all the extra bosses off my pro-comp intake, heres some pictures. it machined really nice and no porosity at all. now time to get the die grinder out and work down some small areas myself before it goes off to the polisher.
bob

if anybody wants pictures email me,there too big to post here

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED Empty Re: FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED

Post  jasonf November 15th 2013, 3:20 pm

Do you have the pics hosted somewhere like photobucket? Most sites have some type of resizing feature now a days. If you want you can email them to me and I'll post them. I'll send you a pm with my email.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED Empty Re: FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED

Post  BCOWANWHEELS November 15th 2013, 5:29 pm

thanks pic,s sent to your email address. please post them for everybody to see.
bob

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 15th 2013, 10:38 pm

I never got them so I PM'd you a different email address incase my work one is blocking them out as junk mail.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BCOWANWHEELS November 16th 2013, 1:35 am

."so even your email knows that pro comp stuff is junk............;-)." ITS CLEAR YOU,VE NEVER SEEN OR OWNED ONE . THERE AS NICE AS ANY ALUMINUM INTAKE I,VE EVER OWNED IN 45 YRS AND I,VE HAD A BUNCH. I,am not a china fan by no means but the alternative wasnt user friendly to me.

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffgfg November 16th 2013, 9:47 am

Uh-oh..........Very Happy 

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 16th 2013, 9:57 am

Here we go. What did you all machine on it and why?

FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED Procompbbfmanifold003_zps3e3f43af

FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED Procompbbfmanifold002_zpsca6f4ada

FINALLY GOT MY BBF PROCOMP MANIFOLD MACHINED Procompbbfmanifold001_zps1e71b1d8
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 16th 2013, 10:00 am

Come on guy's,these kind of comments  tend to run members way . They make other lurkers afraid to post in fear of the backlash.Surprised

The intake has a nice look to it.Smile 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 16th 2013, 10:05 am

only thing I can see that intake being useful for would be a blower intake, but it may be to low for that.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 16th 2013, 12:20 pm

Looks good! I can see how it would be good anywhere you dont want a dog house hood scoop.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 16th 2013, 12:29 pm

Lol sorry I just couldnt pass that up it was left wide open.......Very Happy 

I own a set of pro comp valve covers..... Just givin you a hard time.....
cheers 
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker November 16th 2013, 12:39 pm

richter69 wrote:Lol sorry I just couldnt pass that up it was left wide open.......Very Happy 

I own a set of pro comp valve covers..... Just givin you a hard time.....
cheers 
I do too....I powder coated mine to hide the crappy surface/polish job.
I just hope the flange is flat enough to not leak.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior November 16th 2013, 12:41 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Come on guy's,these kind of comments  tend to run members way . They make other lurkers afraid to post in fear of the backlash.Surprised

I agree, so I trimmed some of the "extra" from this thread...

Now back on topic...................
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt November 16th 2013, 12:59 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:

I agree, so I trimmed some of the "extra" from this thread...

Now back on topic...................
Just take off a little around the edge. Razz 
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  BCOWANWHEELS November 16th 2013, 5:45 pm

here's all i machined off and why
1. the injector bosses (Cool because I,am a carburator guy.
2.all the blower plate mounting bosses because this is not a manifold in my opinion for blowers (although it would work i believe) and the bosses next to carb mounting points interfear with throttle shaft movement in my holleys (it hits and if you leave the bosses you,ll have to use carb spacers to move carbs up at least a 1/2"
3. 99% of the pop off valve big boss in the rear of the manifold, I used a aluminum pipe plug threaded with perminate sealer on it then machined the boss down as far as i could (because its very ugly and not in the old school look of things. i believe this manifold would be perfect for below 6k rpm,s in any application but the B/T would be better in 5k+ rpm range or for the purist who needs it to be as close to oem as possible. so far i,am in this for $345.00 total. my polisher wants $150.00 to show polish it for me so $545.00 including shipping i have the manifold for my boat, show polished and still be by far under the price of the B/T manifold. I still lack milling a hole and threading it for a water temp sending unit near thermostat area & port matching it to my scj ford motor sport alum heads . havent made up my mind yet on carb linkage. thanks for "ALL" IMPUT. I just hope I can help somebody out in some way as you,all have helped me many times. if anybody needs anymore info please just ask.
bob

BCOWANWHEELS

Back to top Go down

Post  hookin78 November 18th 2013, 10:49 am

That is an interesting manifold, its different , I like it.....  It will be interesting to see after it is smoothed and polished

It would be interesting to calculate the required runner length for your combo and see how close this is , It appears to have very short runners , may be on a totally different harmonic that normal, not to say that its bad..... Interesting for sure

Thanks for sharing

hookin78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down