BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got some vid's of last season up

+9
Mike R
Dave C.
nitrous.f
c.evans
schmitty
DILLIGASDAVE
69F100
bigblok2000ranger
Frank Merkl
13 posters

Go down

Finally got some vid's of last season up Empty Finally got some vid's of last season up

Post  Frank Merkl November 19th 2013, 12:15 am

Takes a while with my slow internet , but here's some passes
Frank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTlUbbvDPaE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi727cJZuh0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfx9cOhx3Zk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVscEXMIfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2dvGK-rufQ
and the wifes big pike this summer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKUR2l8UKU

seach youtube latter for more vid's when I get more time to post , as we had 3 camera's on the car all season
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Finally got some vid's of last season up Empty Re: Finally got some vid's of last season up

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 19th 2013, 1:14 am

Looks good! That is one nice sounding mill!
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Finally got some vid's of last season up Empty Re: Finally got some vid's of last season up

Post  69F100 November 19th 2013, 1:39 am

Nice passes

back about 15 or 16 years ago I had a old boat like you got, mine had a 70hp 3 cylinder on it that was the toughest boat motor I ever had wasn't the fastest but very dependable.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl November 19th 2013, 1:57 am

that old boat is a good old piece and the old 135 hp Chrysler has a 140 hp mate sitting in the shop , been meaning to mount them side by side on the back!! I think it would be a fun ride !!!! Sure would get looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!as it is the GPS say's 47 mph flat out .
Frank
PS the best ET thjis year in the car was 7.45 @ 196mph with 2 big kits ! 93N's in the plates[2] and 42N's in the foggers using 3.85 lbs of nitrous a pass
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE November 20th 2013, 5:08 am

Damn nice ride. Cool
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 20th 2013, 2:09 pm

Looks killer Frank. Just think if the P/G guys had enough power to pull three gears, they could go that fast too. Laughing 
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans December 18th 2013, 11:54 pm

Good job Frank. Very Happy  I watched several of them and I saw that 7.57 pass. The engine sounds mighty strong!

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nitrous.f December 19th 2013, 9:27 am

hey frank love the car! what size is the motor? pirat 
nitrous.f
nitrous.f

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. December 19th 2013, 10:15 am

One thing I noticed was the when the chutes  deployed they went towards the ground first... Is that the way they work best? Kinda thought they were supposed to get up into the air a little.. Looks like they are working perfectly and I'm sure the air is pushing them down.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 December 19th 2013, 1:58 pm

Dave C. wrote:One thing I noticed was the when the chutes  deployed they went towards the ground first... Is that the way they work best? Kinda thought they were supposed to get up into the air a little.. Looks like they are working perfectly and I'm sure the air is pushing them down.

One thing about them going to the ground 1st will add a little down force to the rear where if one went up 1st it might lift the rear causing it to get loose. I don't remember where I read this but it they was talking about how to mount a chute and the angle for it to deploy to get the best result. If this true or not I not sure as I have never ran a chute never had anything fast enough for one but maybe if it this is wrong someone will chime in that runs a chute
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. December 19th 2013, 5:48 pm

Makes sense.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R December 19th 2013, 8:11 pm

And they say a C6 won't work Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans December 19th 2013, 8:17 pm

Mike R wrote:And they say a C6 won't work Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You've got to remember that there is a huge difference between a generic C 6 and a Frank Merkl built C 6. Cool 

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 19th 2013, 9:04 pm

Yeah that aint a junkyard c6.....

Car sounds badass, the in car is my fav, carbs sound a tad fussy though......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 19th 2013, 11:17 pm

69F100 wrote:
Dave C. wrote:One thing I noticed was the when the chutes  deployed they went towards the ground first... Is that the way they work best? Kinda thought they were supposed to get up into the air a little.. Looks like they are working perfectly and I'm sure the air is pushing them down.

One thing about them going to the ground 1st will add a little down force to the rear where if one went up 1st it might lift the rear causing it to get loose. I don't remember where I read this but it they was talking about how to mount a chute and the angle for it to deploy to get the best result. If this true or not I not sure as I have never ran a chute never had anything fast enough for one but maybe if it this is wrong someone will chime in that runs a chute

The 'chute bundle will always "go to ground" first at some point after release, (regardless of the 'chute pack's deploy angle/mount angle) before the bundle finally unrolls/extends & blossoms. This is because the huge wall of air rushing off the tail end of the car (deck lid, spoiler, tailgate, or whatever) will always it's self try to head back toward the ground filling the air pocket void created by the moving car, and drag the 'chute bundle with it. Spring & air 'chute launchers don't stop this effect from happening. But the launchers do make it happen farther behind the car so (A) there is less chance of getting the 'chute tangled in the wheelie bars, and (B) the chute bundle travels a longer distance before heading down to the ground allowing it to unroll/extend more fully in cleaner air before it blossoms.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. December 19th 2013, 11:40 pm

Yeah I just never noticed it before. Thanks

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike December 21st 2013, 4:26 pm

Thanks for the videos Frank.
It looks like you and the kid had some fun this year.
Oh and the wife too! Nice pike

mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield January 3rd 2014, 11:18 pm

Frank those are some great videos! Thanks
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl January 4th 2014, 3:06 am

there's a pile more to post , but some of these are the best ,and the fishing ones there all smaller
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon January 4th 2014, 12:02 pm

Thanks for posting those videos up Frank! That's one beast of a ride you have there!  Cool 
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down