BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A True Hero,sent to me through email.

+3
bosshoss
bigblockfox468
bbf-falcon
7 posters

Go down

A True Hero,sent to me through email. Empty A True Hero,sent to me through email.

Post  bbf-falcon November 20th 2013, 2:03 pm

You're a 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half-way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day. Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times..... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman, died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise , ID ......May God rest his soul.....

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch about some Hip-Hop Coward beating the crap out of his "girlfriend."

Medal of Honor Winner Ed Freeman!

Shame on the American Media

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/freeman.asp#FHBmipCji8BcbwdW.99

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

A True Hero,sent to me through email. Empty Re: A True Hero,sent to me through email.

Post  bigblockfox468 November 20th 2013, 5:23 pm

That's a good story cheers Thx Rick Exclamation Yes indeed a true hero Wink 

Never ever heard of that/this before
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

A True Hero,sent to me through email. Empty Re: A True Hero,sent to me through email.

Post  bosshoss November 20th 2013, 7:29 pm

check out the movie "We Were Soldiers" Tells the story of the whole battle.

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl November 20th 2013, 8:12 pm

Love that movie !! probably have watched it 20 times!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 20th 2013, 9:20 pm

Great Movie and Story. A lot of brave men died then.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 20th 2013, 10:39 pm

bosshoss wrote:check out the movie "We Were Soldiers" Tells the story of the whole battle.

dkp
Thx, I will check it out.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  plowboy34 November 21st 2013, 10:17 am

Yes very good movie.....love it when the med-vac pilot tries to get in his face back at the base....would have been my attitude

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD November 21st 2013, 10:59 am

Thanks for sharing that, Rick. I saw the Movie on TV and it was great. The "Church" can talk about Sainthood and the like, but in my opinion that man IS a Saint. sunny 

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum