BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duck Dynasty

+18
bbf-falcon
KY JELLY
DanH
TravisRice
schmitty
Dave C.
342g
cool40
69F100
5pointslow
GT300TD
richter69
LivermoreDave
HorsinAround
dr's wife racing
61coon
dfree383
supervel45
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Duck Dynasty Empty Duck Dynasty

Post  supervel45 December 20th 2013, 8:07 am

Can anyone have an opinion anymore, and voice it, and be employed?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Duck Dynasty Empty Re: Duck Dynasty

Post  dfree383 December 20th 2013, 8:49 am

Probably not a good subject for a car forum.

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon December 20th 2013, 10:35 am

I agree supervel. I admire the man for not being ashamed/scared to speak his mind and the truth in his eyes. I will say this though, If the individuals he was speaking about were talking about him, he would let it roll like water off a ducks back, not make a scene or walk around waving a sign protesting. If a man asks me my opinion, I'll give it. Its not hate,profiling,or political correctness, just my opinion. If you don't like it,tough.....
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing December 20th 2013, 11:16 am

Pretty soon we will no longer be allowed to have a$$ holes either.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround December 20th 2013, 11:27 am

dr's wife racing wrote:Pretty soon we will no longer be allowed to have a$$ holes either.

I've seen quite a few of those lately....Especially at Walmart.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon December 20th 2013, 11:29 am

HorsinAround wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:Pretty soon we will no longer be allowed to have a$$ holes either.

lol! lol!  I despise the local Walmart
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave December 20th 2013, 11:39 am

GENERAL DISCUSSION
Non-460 Talk , Bruno's Bar & Grill
Moderators: schmitty, bruno, QtrWarrior

Rant on ! ...  afro  ...

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 20th 2013, 11:40 am

They all should tell a and e to stick it up thier ass.....

....on the same note im sick of hearing about it already.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD December 20th 2013, 11:52 am

61coon wrote:
HorsinAround wrote:

lol! lol!  I despise the local Walmart

I hate to even drive by the place  Evil or Very Mad .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround December 20th 2013, 11:59 am

I go there for the entertainment value  Laughing 
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 20th 2013, 12:07 pm

im honestly sick of seeing Duck Dynasty anything

Show at first was funny , ......so much script thats not even funny like the BS vineyard they bought haha

they have there face on everything ...Hell i think i saw a damn chia pet commercial the other day so you can watch SI beard grow lol

I was at tracot supply the other day , i saw xmas ornaments , Car air freshners ect ......is it only me or they just pouring it on the merchandise .

All in all i guess if i was in there shoes ...and the money was there id be doing the same

remember extension cords only have a Male and female end for a reason  Laughing
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 December 20th 2013, 12:13 pm

61coon wrote:I agree supervel. I admire the man for not being ashamed/scared to speak his mind and the truth in his eyes. I will say this though, If the individuals he was speaking about were talking about him, he would let it roll like water off a ducks back, not make a scene or walk around waving a sign protesting. If a man asks me my opinion, I'll give it. Its not hate,profiling,or political correctness, just my opinion. If you don't like it,tough.....

I agree with you Coon If the shoe was on the other foot if would have been fine. That all they want to hear anymore and want to do is put the Christians down for speaking out. Look the rating on Duck Dynasty and what it has done for A&E and look how many people buy there stuff. It is a clean show the whole family can watch not many of them kind of shows left on TV plus look what the USA was founded on. This one reason this country is going down the drain we don't have the freedom of speech anymore unless it is non Christian. I could keep going but I will stop here. I am a Christian I try my best to live a Christian life all we can do is show our support and pray for our Christian brothers/sisters for speaking out and if it hurts others feeling we need to pry for them also.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 20th 2013, 12:15 pm

69F100 wrote:
61coon wrote:I agree supervel. I admire the man for not being ashamed/scared to speak his mind and the truth in his eyes. I will say this though, If the individuals he was speaking about were talking about him, he would let it roll like water off a ducks back, not make a scene or walk around waving a sign protesting. If a man asks me my opinion, I'll give it. Its not hate,profiling,or political correctness, just my opinion. If you don't like it,tough.....

I agree with you Coon  If the shoe was on the other foot if would have been fine. That all they want to hear anymore and want to do is put the Christians down for speaking out. Look  the rating on Duck Dynasty and what it has done  for A&E and look how many people buy there stuff. It is a clean show the whole family can watch not many of them kind of shows left on TV plus look what the USA was founded on. This one reason this country is going down the drain we don't have the freedom of speech anymore unless it is non Christian. I could keep going but I will stop here. I am a Christian I try my best to live a Christian life all we can do is show our support and pray for our Christian  brothers/sisters for speaking out and if it hurts others feeling we need to pry for them also.

I agree 100 % ^^^ couldnt have said it better ...they wanted an opinion and they asked for it they just didnt get what they wanted to hear .
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 20th 2013, 12:26 pm

supervel45 wrote:Can anyone have an opinion anymore, and voice it, and be employed?
i guess not but why would he care.....them folks dont duck hunt.if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. ....it must be a duck!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon December 20th 2013, 12:32 pm

What this world needs is a few more rednecks.----Charlie Daniels
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  342g December 20th 2013, 12:52 pm

I don't watch "The Ducks", but I agree with the old man.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing December 20th 2013, 1:20 pm

Every one spits out being tolerant respectful lenientcy to others. Truth is if you expect any of the above you must first give respect Be tolerance and give leniency to others Not only when it is convenient or when we agree with what is being said. Many people have fought and died so we can remain free and voice or opinion This should be true every one. Black white Christian jew or atheist It seems that people get all bent out of shape over nothing,one mans opinion By the way I hate that show and always have. But it's ok if they put it on the air. I have a remote control.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. December 20th 2013, 1:25 pm

Never watched it.. I don't watch much tv . Not missing much as far as I can tell.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing December 20th 2013, 1:37 pm

Your not.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 20th 2013, 2:02 pm

Funny, but I didn't see where he was "forcing" heterosexuality on anyone with his comments. It does look to be the other way around with the opposite view. Just about every mainstream TV show is somehow "required" to have a homosexual component to "satisfy" the opposition.  Suspect  I don't know why Phil can't express his opinion when the gay contingency can get away saying anything they want.  scratch 
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround December 20th 2013, 2:10 pm

schmitty wrote:Funny, but I didn't see where he was "forcing" heterosexuality on anyone with his comments.  It does look to be the other way around with the opposite view.  Just about every mainstream TV show is somehow "required" to have a homosexual component to "satisfy" the opposition.   Suspect   I don't know why Phil can't express his opinion when the gay contingency can get away saying anything they want.   scratch   

Because it goes against the liberal agenda. Go Phil! While I don't watch much TV, I have seen a few of their episodes and think it's great that they insist on bringing their Christian values to the show. I read somewhere recently that A&E didn't want to include the prayer part of the show when they sit down to dinner but the Roberts insisted on it.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice December 20th 2013, 3:30 pm

4 words ......... God Bless Archie Bunker .........  Cool 

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 20th 2013, 3:54 pm

TravisRice wrote:4 words ......... God Bless Archie Bunker .........  Cool 
stifle yourself
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Duck Dynasty Empty Civil Rights

Post  supervel45 December 20th 2013, 7:38 pm

Phil may have lawsuite grounds on this if he chooses. Under the civil rights act it is supposed to be illegal to adversely affect a persons employment over religious beliefs. His contract with A&E may have a clause to protect them, but they let him pray on the show, and express his morals also. This is one of the major reasons the show is so popular. I wonder what Federal Court District this would fall under, if it came to litigation? If it went to trial in Phil's home State or District, A&E could be in trouble. If A&E is based in California, and A&E won, it might set a precedent, and possiably be challenged to the Supreme Court. Phil is a pretty smart Cajun and hunter, and he may have  set the perfect TRAP, if that was his intent. He does, have the money, populality, and connections, to pursue this if he wants. The fact that he is an Ordained Minister, also can change things, in legal terms a great deal. The Govoner of Louisiana, even came to his defense. Read exactly what he said, in the GQ article, not sound bites out of context, before you decide I am wrong please. He also has his book to fall back on, where he said alot of the same things, and was not challenged over it by A&E, so that won't help their (A&E's) case either. I say, the Boys ought to have Rev.Wright on as a guest star in Phils absense, and see how A&E reacts to that!

Last edited by supervel45 on December 25th 2013, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH December 20th 2013, 9:21 pm

5pointslow wrote:im honestly sick of seeing Duck Dynasty anything

Show at first was funny , ......so much script thats not even funny like the BS vineyard they bought haha

they have there face on everything ...Hell i think i saw a damn chia pet commercial the other day so you can watch SI beard grow lol

I was at tracot supply the other day , i saw xmas ornaments , Car air freshners ect ......is it only me or they just pouring it on the merchandise .

All in all i guess if i was in there shoes ...and the money was there id be doing the same

remember extension cords only have a Male and female end for a reason  Laughing

extension cords, but you forgot one end gets plug into something while the other end get something plug into it. Sounds more like a threesome . Then the cord could plug into itself. What's that called(lol) ?

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next