BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new build.

+10
LivermoreDave
J.Toney
dirt_worker
austin460
dfree383
Bill Heard
Dave C.
bosshoss
jbozzelle
BigRigTech
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My new build. - Page 2 Empty Re: My new build.

Post  austin460 January 26th 2014, 6:44 pm

I hear you. I know what its like to work on a tight budget. Most of mine is put together from good second hand or home built stuff. Its doable just takes a bit more time/ingenuity. What matters most is you enjoy it. Sounds as though when you get yours together you will have a real stormer wether it be C6 or c4, 850 or 1050. Just store the suggestions on here for when the opportunity/funds allow.
austin460
austin460

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech January 26th 2014, 7:05 pm

I want to see what it will go with the 850, upgrading something and seeing the gain is 1/2 the fun for me.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  460vega January 26th 2014, 8:38 pm

BigRigTech wrote:
nitrous.f wrote:there not telling this just to jump your bone! there telling you this because its the truth, the trans is the way to go! Shocked 

I'm not disagreeing that it would pick up over my C6 - that's a no brainer - but I'm one of the few Ford guy's left who won't make the change. Evil or Very Mad 
I won`t run a glide either,nothing against them, they work good. You won`t be giving up much et with a rollerized c6 if you get the conv.& gear right.
460vega
460vega

Back to top Go down

Post  460vega January 26th 2014, 8:40 pm

BigRigTech wrote:
nitrous.f wrote:there not telling this just to jump your bone! there telling you this because its the truth, the trans is the way to go! Shocked 

I'm not disagreeing that it would pick up over my C6 - that's a no brainer - but I'm one of the few Ford guy's left who won't make the change. Evil or Very Mad 
I won`t run a glide either,nothing against them, they work good. You won`t be giving up much et with a rollerized c6 if you get the conv.& gear right.
460vega
460vega

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 26th 2014, 10:36 pm

the only thing gm in my 2 speed is the parking pawl and lever.........i never use park anyway.

richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech January 26th 2014, 11:27 pm

richter69 wrote:the only thing gm in my 2 speed is the parking pawl and lever.........i never use park anyway.

I hear that a lot at the track when they torture the Ford guys about their PG. The usual reply is that they have an "aftermarket 2 speed racing transmission" LOL
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 27th 2014, 9:14 am

BigRigTech wrote:
richter69 wrote:the only thing gm in my 2 speed is the parking pawl and lever.........i never use park anyway.

I hear that a lot at the track when they torture the Ford guys about their PG. The usual reply is that they have an "aftermarket 2 speed racing transmission" LOL
the reply to that is "how's that 9" rear working out for ya?"
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech January 27th 2014, 9:20 am

dfree383 wrote:
BigRigTech wrote:

the reply to that is "how's that 9" rear working out for ya?"

They forget that part...LOL....I will say there is a lot of Dana 60's under the bowtie's at my track.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2