BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll Cage

2 posters

Go down

Roll Cage Empty Roll Cage

Post  fordmanmatt January 22nd 2014, 11:02 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I need to figure out what I want to do, I am building a street / strip Vehicle to have some fun in and I was want to race out at our local track BIR Brainerd Raceway Bracket Racing on Wednesday nights and I was thinking to be around the low 11s in the 1/4 and I cant figure out what the rule is for a roll cage I have a 78 Ford F150 That is also going to be a show piece and Not sure I want a roll cage in it don't get me wrong I am a rule follower but my thing is I guess I need to re-think my build as for the high performance parts I was going to put on it, I have tried to look at the NHRA rules online but I cant figure out what they are saying and Bir does not have anything on it, does anybody know the rules on speed and roll cages????
fordmanmatt
fordmanmatt

Back to top Go down

Roll Cage Empty Re: Roll Cage

Post  bigblok2000ranger January 23rd 2014, 12:14 am

11.50 and slower does not need a cage or roll bar

11.49-10.00 requires a minimum 6 point roll bar

9.99-8.50 or faster than 135mph requires a 10 point roll cage with certification sticker
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down