BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

429 valve covers and roller rockers

3 posters

Go down

429 valve covers and roller rockers Empty 429 valve covers and roller rockers

Post  Stewart Cuthbert January 30th 2014, 8:22 am

G'day All,
I want to fit Harland sharp roller rockers to my 429. The valve covers are part number DOOE-6583-A and are fitted with some pressed steel flanges that are fixed under the top of the cover. I'm assuming they were used to direct oil coming out of the pushrod/rocker down onto the fulcrum to ensure a good supply of oil, can anyone shed some light on this.
To fit the rockers under the original valve covers I have had to remove these deflectors, with them removed there seems to be enough room. I'm running the cam that came in the engine it's not a radical cam, idle is around 750 to 800 rpm, it's the original solid/mechanical cam.
Does anyone see any problems with not running the deflectors hopefully there will be enough oil spraying around in there to lube the rollers
Cheers,
stewart

Stewart Cuthbert

Back to top Go down

429 valve covers and roller rockers Empty Re: 429 valve covers and roller rockers

Post  4thHorseman January 30th 2014, 11:11 am

I don't think you'll have an issue. I say that given I've never seen those on any aftermarket or fabricated valve covers and most here run those on their engines. Just my .02.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

429 valve covers and roller rockers Empty Re: 429 valve covers and roller rockers

Post  LivermoreDave January 30th 2014, 1:07 pm

Install a few valve cover studs in place to position the valve cover correctly. Lay the valve cover on the head without tightening and crank the engine while watching for movement of the valve cover. The valve cover may simply need an extra gasket or two.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down