BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake

+5
cool40
res0rli9
slurm
c.evans
jasonf
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake - Page 2 Empty Re: Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake

Post  466cj April 22nd 2014, 5:52 pm

Yes that looks like a std. port gasket. Looks like you will need a CJ gasket for that head to seal.

466cj

Back to top Go down

Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake - Page 2 Empty Re: Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake

Post  SandHillsHillbilly May 15th 2015, 8:46 am

Did either of these intakes get finished?
Really interested in the BT as I think Weiand might be too high for me.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 15th 2015, 10:01 am

jasonf wrote:
466cj wrote:Question: Is the head port matched to an intake gasket? What I can say about my Wieand TR was stock both sides did fit within a std port intake gasket.

A little background here. I bought this engine used. It has TFS Powerport heads. It looks like the heads have had some type of work done at the end of the port ( I can see the marks) but I have no idea if it was just a gasket match or more. On the T/R I can see casing flash line so I would say that it has not had any work. Your question prompted me to go look at things closer and the gasket on it is a Felpro 90110 which is actually way to short for the head.

Here is a pic of the old gasket. You can see the imprint of the vic jr manifold that was on the engine. I may be wrong but I believe this is a DOVE gasket not a CJ gasket.

Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake - Page 2 Felpro90110_zps9919f104

To me, it looks like the wrong gasket or that manifold has been milled and it needs a fat gasket.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kim May 15th 2015, 10:12 pm

jasonf wrote:Lets try this. With the Weiand TR cylinders 1-4 line up and 5-8 are off center about 1/8".

Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake - Page 2 Weiandtunnelram460_zps4a7c70b1

Here is the BT intake cyl 1-2. There is no gasket so it is sitting a bit low.

Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake - Page 2 BT1-2_zps0d7c5450

Cyl 4-5 again with no gasket so sitting low.

Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake - Page 2 BT4-5_zpsf4c3e6bd

Need to open them heads up a bit more... those heads are less than Cobra Jet size. Doesn't even look like that manifold has been ported. Mine is opened up way bigger...

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  kim May 15th 2015, 10:15 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
jasonf wrote:
466cj wrote:Question: Is the head port matched to an intake gasket? What I can say about my Wieand TR was stock both sides did fit within a std port intake gasket.

A little background here. I bought this engine used. It has TFS Powerport heads. It looks like the heads have had some type of work done at the end of the port ( I can see the marks) but I have no idea if it was just a gasket match or more. On the T/R I can see casing flash line so I would say that it has not had any work. Your question prompted me to go look at things closer and the gasket on it is a Felpro 90110 which is actually way to short for the head.

Here is a pic of the old gasket. You can see the imprint of the vic jr manifold that was on the engine. I may be wrong but I believe this is a DOVE gasket not a CJ gasket.

Blue Thunder tunnel ram intake - Page 2 Felpro90110_zps9919f104

To me, it looks like the wrong gasket or that manifold has been milled and it needs a fat gasket.

As cast on that flange. milling would have a polished finish. Intake runner is way smaller than head port at roof. Gasket is for small port, not Cobra Jet or larger. You can get the felpro material for big blocks without a port cut, its a nice slab of material and cut the ports and bolt holes yourself. Also works well with added material to allow better surface contact for LARGE port work

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf May 16th 2015, 12:26 am

I bought a TFS trackheat already converted to efi. I sold the Weiand TR but I have another TR base. I also still have the BT intake as well. My TFS heads are heavily ported but the Vic Jr was not hence the gasket difference. Out of the box the TFS intakevis even smaller.n
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly May 16th 2015, 1:46 am

Jason sent you a pm.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2