BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AJE K -Member

5 posters

Go down

AJE K -Member Empty AJE K -Member

Post  BBFmustang February 10th 2014, 8:26 pm

well changed out the k-member with the BBF mounts now the hookers dont fit .They said that it lowered the engine 1 inch  Evil or Very Mad . so now i guess its time for different headers any ideas would be good
BBFmustang
BBFmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

AJE K -Member Empty Re: AJE K -Member

Post  738drvr February 10th 2014, 8:39 pm

Move the tubes around. Should work. Cutting torch and welder. New header paint. Done.
738drvr
738drvr

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFmustang February 10th 2014, 8:43 pm

yeah i have looked at that the steering shaft is what the problem is ,even bought a new shaft always fun with these custom parts
BBFmustang
BBFmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T February 10th 2014, 10:41 pm

yea I went for the hooker swap headers also my first time around also bad choice.i have the same aje k member but I went with skinny kid front and rear motor plates but that didn help the header clearance problem that mutch.i did not have to modify the drivers side header.i did have to buy a new double D shaft and 2 joints to go between the header the chassie shop didn have the headers on it when they made the steering shaft lol.i did have to modify the hell out of the passenger side i rerouted the 2 upper pipes so they would not hit the fire wall and mid plate and i cut the muffler flange off.i am using the aje trans mounting bracket and their was some interference with the flange is why i cut it off.

knowing what i do know i could have made a set of headers to fit that SOB a lot easier Wink 

https://2img.net/h/i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk19/biscuitt101/mustangbuild08012.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk19/biscuitt101/mustangbuild08007-3.jpg

Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  jcoxracing February 11th 2014, 10:59 am

Even though my mustang isn't a fox body I had the same problem with my 67. AJE told me that hooker fox body headers would work with their kit, NOT EVEN CLOSE. I had to have two of the header tubes on the driver side rerouted. Oh yeah, they also told me it would move the motor an inch lower and back. Coming from the crites kit, it moved the engine an inch forward and an inch up. To ad insult to injury, the motor mounts and caliper brakets didn't line up.
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck February 11th 2014, 11:49 am

Call me 912 387-5260...... I have done several I may be able to help you with the steering shaft.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down