BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best intake

+15
windsor
fordmanmatt
richter69
bbf-falcon
342g
68galaxie
the Coug
afrfox
Rich Osmond
dfree383
supervel45
jc10000rpm
69bluehotrod
rmcomprandy
garys gt
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best intake Empty Best intake

Post  garys gt February 27th 2014, 8:11 pm

What would be the best intake on a scja head with only back cut on valves and bowl blend.

garys gt

Back to top Go down

Best intake Empty Re: Best intake

Post  rmcomprandy February 27th 2014, 8:39 pm

garys gt wrote:What would be the best intake on a scja head with only back cut on valves and bowl blend.

How many times are you gonna ask this question here ...? Till you get the answer you hope to get ...?

I think you should buy the TM Enterprises intake manifold from Charlie; NAH, bever mind, to expensive.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  garys gt February 27th 2014, 9:06 pm

I am sure you are a very knowledgeable guy. But you're not really a people person are you. I like to ask questions and get answers and opinions from different people. Hopefully learn things in the process. If you talk to your customers like you post these smart a.. comets it's a wonder that you still have any customers.

garys gt

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod February 27th 2014, 9:22 pm

Gary,
The intake choice for a particular application is always a trade off, kinda depends on what you are going to or try to do with a given engine.
With that being said, the heads you have (SCJA) & they "flow" in the 350-380 cfm range lets say, you are gonna be turning the engine max 6500 rpm...
the Victor would not be a bad choice if you are wanting a single plane intake.
With the cam you said you are thinking about going with this would be the most economical thing to do.
you could gasket match the intake, but it is not entirly necessary... clean up any "buggers" (casting flash) with a sanding roll you should be good for what you may be trying to do...

I have run this similar set up although it was on a 514 cid & had very good results with it.
hope this helps
Terry
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 27th 2014, 9:30 pm

garys gt wrote:I am sure you are a very knowledgeable guy. But you're not really a people person are you.  I like to ask questions and get answers and opinions from different people.  Hopefully learn things in the process.  If you talk to your customers like you post these smart a.. comets it's a wonder that you still have any customers.

My good customers actually LISTEN to people who know, whether it is somebody else or somewhere else or not. I have watched you simply disregard good answers from others on here simply because you probably didn't want to hear what they were saying; sometimes trivializing their answer as if you weren't being told the truth.
YES ... I am VERY sarcastic with people who feel ENTITLED to take-up others time asking the same question two or three times simply because they feel the answers weren't complete enough to suit them and they are really to lazy to do any searching where the SAME questions have been asked many, MANY times before.

If the shoe fits ... it probably is Cinderella.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  jc10000rpm February 27th 2014, 10:01 pm

my first thought was, need more input;

firstly, How many cubic inches ?

what vehicle ? and what application ? what gearing ? ect. ect. ect.

what is inteded rpm range ?

and...... do you already have a cam selected ? if so what are specs

jc10000rpm

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod February 27th 2014, 10:04 pm

Damn Randy,
Take it easy on the guy, he's new to the site, maybe he does not know how to do searches on stuff...
seems to me he is pretty genuine in what he is asking about, hell I dont know all that I would like to know & I ask ??? sometimes that I'm sure have beeen covered on this fourm...
we all can be "lazy" as you say at times, if it bothers you to answer a question on the fourm then ... dont... nobody is making you do it. just sayin.
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 February 27th 2014, 10:55 pm

garys gt wrote:I am sure you are a very knowledgeable guy. But you're not really a people person are you.  I like to ask questions and get answers and opinions from different people.  Hopefully learn things in the process.  If you talk to your customers like you post these smart a.. comets it's a wonder that you still have any customers.
From what I have read from Randy, he earned it. Sometimes it is hard to be a people person, especially when you deal with a high volume of customers.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 27th 2014, 11:05 pm

Randy knows what he's talking about, he's been there done that many times..... It is tough answering the same questions over and over.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich Osmond February 27th 2014, 11:07 pm

Then I would say don't answer it....

Rich Osmond

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2014, 12:23 am

69bluehotrod wrote: Damn Randy,
Take it easy on the guy, he's new to the site, maybe he does not know how to do searches on stuff...
seems to me he is pretty genuine in what he is asking about, hell I dont know all that I would like to know & I ask ??? sometimes that I'm sure have been covered on this forum...
we all can be "lazy" as you say at times, if it bothers you to answer a question on the fourm then ... dont... nobody is making you do it.   just sayin.  

You're probably right, as far as you go.  I never said anything about him or anybody else as a "person".  Only about the perception as questions appear on here. Until I get seriously attacked personally.

I answer anybody's question's , even the most novice of things.  It is irritating to see answers, (not just mine but, other earnest answers as well), treated with almost total disregard. It apparently irritates some other people to be the brunt of deserved sarcasm.

Oh Well ...

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod February 28th 2014, 12:56 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
seems to me he is pretty genuine in what he is asking about, hell I dont know all that I would like to know & I ask ??? sometimes that I'm sure have been covered on this forum...
we all can be "lazy" as you say at times, if it bothers you to answer a question on the fourm then ... dont... nobody is making you do it.   just sayin.  

You're probably right, as far as you go.  I never said anything about him or anybody else as a "person".  Only about the perception as questions appear on here. Until I get seriously attacked personally.

I answer anybody's question's , even the most novice of things.  It is irritating to see answers, (not just mine but, other earnest answers as well), treated with almost total disregard. It apparently irritates some other people to be the brunt of deserved sarcasm.

Oh Well ...

Did'nt see where you "said" anything about anyone Randy, just an obsevation thats all....
this is what the site is for really, I know I have learned alot from guys on here.
nobody deserves sarcasm if they truly are trying to learn.
Maybe I missed it but if the guy "disregarded" an answer from you or from anyone else you should'nt get irritated with him, man your too good for that.
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 February 28th 2014, 1:09 am

If I am not mistaken Mr. Randy may have been in the Motor City when this stuff was rolling off the assemably line. That carries alot of weight with me and some other folks also. I learned to listen also when I first came here, after a little spat,  Smile so it's all good.

Last edited by supervel45 on February 28th 2014, 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2014, 1:10 am

69bluehotrod wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Oh Well ...

Did'nt see where you "said" anything about anyone Randy, just an obsevation thats all....
this is what the site is for really, I know I have learned alot from guys on here.
nobody deserves sarcasm if they truly are trying to learn.
Maybe I missed it but if the guy "disregarded" an answer from you or from anyone else you should'nt get irritated with him, man your too good for that.

I do have my moments of weakness,  Rolling Eyes  As I get older, they seem to come more often,  lol! 

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod February 28th 2014, 1:15 am

supervel45 wrote:If I am not mistaken Mr. Randy may have been in the Motor City when this stuff was rolling off the assemably line. That carries alot of weight with me and some other folks also. I learned to listen also when I first came here, after a little spat,  Smile so it's all good.

passive / agressive... he just called Randy an old ass.... affraid 
sorry Randy, had to... Razz 
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 February 28th 2014, 1:25 am

I knew that crack was coming. I ment it in a respectful way. I also know how he feels sometimes also, guess I am getting to be an old f##k too. Shocked 

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  afrfox February 28th 2014, 10:37 am

If free information from a proven, professional engine builder isn't good enough, we can always always go to a shop and pay for said info. Lots of good minds here that give their time and knowledge to help us out. Read a lot, post a little, and learn all you can. Most questions can be answered with the search function. If we don't find, or like the answer we get, there's always trial and error at our own expense......

afrfox

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 28th 2014, 10:52 am

Randy you have a lot of the guys Respect, I go to a lot of Boards and read and every board I go to the same guy has the same question ask on all 20+ boards, the same answers come up and they keep asking till they get the answer they want to hear, so what should be done is ask him what Intake he wants to use? and tell him yep that's the best.... have a nice day.

I also have started an new thing if The SOB has the question on more than 1 board F$@k him won't answer he is just fishing for the answer he wants....

We have enough Post WHORES that answer every question be it right or wrong...

Have a nice day
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie February 28th 2014, 10:55 am

One can also be a bit more diplomatic too. Being sandpaper all of the time gets a bit old. Guess who I will not be purchasing a custom cam from?
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 28th 2014, 11:22 am

68galaxie wrote:One can also be a bit more diplomatic too. Being sandpaper all of the time gets a bit old. Guess who I will not be purchasing a custom cam from?

Randy maybe a little gruff but in person he is a very likeable guy, just think of it like this you go fishing and cast 100 times to catch 1 little fish? does it stop you? probably not. you can't hold it against Randy for this he is one of the most knowledgeable persons on here, just when he answers a question and the ask if 10 more times and just change a word or two and ask it again, I could see where someone would get annoyed and frustrated with the asker of such questions....I know I sat across from Randy and a many others on here and listened and the information was mind boggling....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2014, 11:24 am

68galaxie wrote:One can also be a bit more diplomatic too. Being sandpaper all of the time gets a bit old. Guess who I will not be purchasing a custom cam from?

You can't please all of the people all of the time.
That is life ... people get ulcers and die of high blood pressure trying.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  afrfox February 28th 2014, 11:35 am

Didn't Einstein define insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"? lol! 

afrfox

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie February 28th 2014, 12:14 pm

New users to the forum (or new to building(paying for) a performance BBF) typically post questions on forums like this to get answers - or a general consensus.
How is He (or she) supposed to know that Randy is the last answer when it comes to the BBF? I have no doubt Randy has a wealth of knowledge (that I will never attain) in the BBF or FE building. There are also many others with a great deal of knowledge and experience here too. I am also sure that there are different opinions on what works and what does not between the professional builders.
Ask 3 cam designers for a custom cam and you will get 3 different answers - which one is right?

I like hearing answers from a cross section of BBF experienced racers and engine builders. We all love BBF's (I think).
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 28th 2014, 1:11 pm

69bluehotrod wrote:
supervel45 wrote:If I am not mistaken Mr. Randy may have been in the Motor City when this stuff was rolling off the assemably line. That carries alot of weight with me and some other folks also. I learned to listen also when I first came here, after a little spat,  Smile so it's all good.

He can be a cantankerous old cuss from time to time.... lol! 
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 28th 2014, 1:56 pm

69bluehotrod wrote:

He is a old ass, but not too old.  Very Happy   Very Happy 
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down