BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Private Race Tonight Houston Tx. Area

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Big Private Race Tonight Houston Tx. Area Empty Big Private Race Tonight Houston Tx. Area

Post  supervel45 March 14th 2014, 6:07 pm

Gates to open at 5:30 PM Today. OKC boy's rumored to show. $10.00 to spectate. Alot of people I spoke with going from the West Side. Hope to see some Fords show. Grude Racing till No Money is left is what I have been told. Going to leave myself shortly. Very Happy Dan Jones AP

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Big Private Race Tonight Houston Tx. Area Empty Re: Big Private Race Tonight Houston Tx. Area

Post  supervel45 March 14th 2014, 9:06 pm

The rumor mill claims 300 cars there as of 30 minutes ago. Fixing to head out. Will try and post pics, later, if true.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Big Private Race Tonight Houston Tx. Area Empty Re: Big Private Race Tonight Houston Tx. Area

Post  whatbumper March 14th 2014, 10:54 pm

We have a car here.  It's not what we expected but I guess there's some money here.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 15th 2014, 2:15 am

Just got back home about 15 minutes ago. It was a circus, had to park about 1/2 mile down the road and walk, because they closed the gates. Strada Motorsports put it on I believe. Pretty dangerous setup. Will try to get some video up tommorow. They may be in the news, if something goes wrong, and it looks like they may run all night. Doubt they could go a full 1/8 mile on that strip, and shut down anything fast. It was interesting none the less, and we got in free, so can't complain. Was your car the yellow 95ish Stang, that looked like Boosted GT's car? I met a girl that claimed to own it. The driver's side headlight was broken.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 15th 2014, 8:08 am

No, we had a black camaro there.  That was a joke IMO.  I'll never be involved in that crap again.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 15th 2014, 7:37 pm

Was it the black 69 with the wheelie bars and the RS grille, or a late model? I am surprised no one got killed, or several people. Never seen anything that crazy santioned, if you can call it that, before. I will try to put up some vedio later. We dared stay behind some 1 ton trucks at the end for a few passes, but the crowd at the starting line and all down the track was stupid. Street racing would be safer most of the time. I was told the white Blazer won. I would not have made a pass out there myself.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 15th 2014, 10:42 pm

Black RS.  we weren't really that sad to go out early.  That was nuts and we had way too much horsepower to be there.  We didn't even activate the nitrous.  Yes the white blazer won.  It was some different stuff going on there for sure.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 16th 2014, 1:06 pm

This sounds like one of those grudge races everyone loves so much. Razz 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 16th 2014, 3:18 pm

Chip Cox?

My buddy went down there w the LS turbo fairmont, didnt get a chance to run, rained out yesterday.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 16th 2014, 11:45 pm

richter69 wrote:Chip Cox?

My buddy went down there w the LS turbo fairmont, didnt get a chance to run, rained out yesterday.

yes, chip's car. We did the motor, wiring, suspension, plumbing, and re-plumbing of the nitrous. Plus tune it. We make good horsepower and have two guns on it so we were a little skeptical of the "track" so it was turned waaay back. Stick yanked the tires and went straight down.

He's into that street racing thing so we try to set it up to hook on a dirt road. LOL

It was cool to see some different stuff but I will say one of the most dangerous events we've ever been to.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 17th 2014, 12:28 am

If he was the big bald headed guy driving the RS, We talked to him at the end of the track, and helped get the cars pulled up a little, so no one would turn in and hit them. They where about half a car link from the edge ouf the track parked, and no comunication to the starting line, with mud in the front, and no return road. That is a beautiful RS, and I don't blame him for not juiceing it out there. He said when the black/primer S-10 beat him he did not spray, on that pass. I bet alot of street races went down that night around there, we could hear a few, from the track, when no one was making a pass. I will try and get the video up tuesday.

Last edited by supervel45 on March 17th 2014, 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 17th 2014, 12:43 am

[quote="richter69"]Chip Cox?

My buddy went down there w the LS turbo fairmont, didnt get a chance to run, rained out yesterday.[/quote ] You may be talking about the X 275 race at Lone Star in Sealy, today (Sunday). Yes it was rained out. The other deal was Saturday, and it went down. My neighbor was supposed to run the 275, wanted the $2k pot. He runs a big inch Chevy, and does pretty good, but he has not been to Cecil, LOL. Suspect 

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 17th 2014, 12:58 am

supervel45 wrote:If he was the big bald headed guy driving the RS, We talked to him at the end of the track, and helped get the cars pulled up a little, so no one would turn in and hit them. They where about half a car link from the edge ouf the track parked, and no comunication to the starting line, with mud in the front, and no return road. That is a beautiful RS, and I don't blame him for not juiceing it out there. He said when the black/primer S-10 beat him he did not spray, on that pass. I bet alot of street races went down that night around there, we could hear a few, from the track, when no one was making a pass. I will try and get the video up tuesday.
That's him.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 17th 2014, 1:09 am

He seemed like a nice guy. I will post the vid at the end of his pass. Was that car a factory 427, or did he just add the fender badges? I think I saw it out on Westheimer many years ago, and the 427 emblems are why. The Stanza guy did not look to happy when we vedioed his shit box Jap Junker Supra getting pulled out of the mud at the end of the track, and I told him he was going to be on you tube. I laughed my ass off when they said the airport owner wanted it moved, because an airplane might crash into it if they had to land, in an emeregy. Rolling Eyes 

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 17th 2014, 1:17 am

I'm not rally sure of the background of that car.  I know it was plagued with issues and we spent a lot of time this winter addressing everything we could think of.  It still needs some tweets but it will be a contender.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 17th 2014, 1:38 am

I don't normally say this but, that car was almost too nice paint and body wise to race. How many cubes is he running, or is that top secrete, since he likes to play sometimes, on the street?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 17th 2014, 2:34 am

Its sub 600". Its not as big as people think but makes very good power. Its a heavy car too. Tried to get him to switch to glass doors but he wants to keep it as stock as possible.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 17th 2014, 11:27 pm

I don't blame him on the glass doors. Pull the wheelie bars off and it makes for a slick streeter, if he stays close to home, and trailers it sometimes across town. Antique plates work wonders in Texas.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 17th 2014, 11:40 pm

supervel45 wrote:I don't blame him on the glass doors. Pull the wheelie bars off and it makes for a slick streeter, if he stays close to home, and trailers it sometimes across town. Antique plates work wonders in Texas.
It has plates. He drives it a lot on the street already. He just really likes those wheelie bars. We built them and had them on my car and he bought them and had them chromed. That car has everything: turn signals, brake lights, horn, head lights, etc... even has fuel gauge and a huge freaking fuel cell.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 18th 2014, 12:49 am

Camaro Concepts has a wicked BBC 69 on the street around here, or he did. I pretty sure your guy knows him. Roy is his name, if my memory has not faded. The Chrome on the bars did stand out nice on the black paint. We are done with the Rodeo, and I will try to get the pic's and video up. It's not great but I said I would, and I will. Met a nice lady at the Rodeo from S.Dakota named Kim. She said she and her boyfriend are from DFW, and he races a Maverick. Did not get all the details, but you may know them? Not alot of Mavericks around. I told them to join the site, and gave her the info, to pass on. She is getting into racing also, and they like Ford, so maybe we will get some new people from our area.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 18th 2014, 5:37 pm

Pictures from March 14, 2014 Houston airport race.
https://s939.photobucket.com/user/EazyMoney7/library/?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by supervel45 on March 18th 2014, 8:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 18th 2014, 6:45 pm

Little bit of Video, not realy good but we tried. Watch parts 1-7.
https://www.youtube.com/user/rcr1031

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 19th 2014, 10:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8MnOmSTlQ4                                                                               Did you guys figure out what the race in this thread, has to do with this yet. Texas OutLaws are pretty slick, it seems. Suspect

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 19th 2014, 10:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28RFVccK9o Not one of our vedio's but this is from the airport deal. They got lucky Friday, all around Houston it sounds like, I did not hear of any bad wrecks. They better watch it GumBall Rallies are covered also in the statute.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 19th 2014, 11:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQcmR4RlEBk Anybody see remember seeing this one at the threater?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next