BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I managed to grenade my new UCC

+10
bcr466
billandlori
windsor
ThndrChkn
nuclearcobra
ultimatelenny
richter69
512Fairlane
studly
4thHorseman
14 posters

Go down

I managed to grenade my new UCC Empty I managed to grenade my new UCC

Post  4thHorseman November 9th 2009, 8:41 pm

Well, I'm in complete disbelief. 1 month after installing a new UCC 9", I lost all gears on a 2-3 shift at 3/4 throttle on a desert road on the outskirts of town. It required a tow back to my garage where I commenced to drop the tranny back out of it. Convinced my tranny guy had failed me installing the low gear kit and refresh, I brought the tranny to him this evening. He asked that I bring the converter as well. Upon removing the input shaft from my C6 and sliding it into the converter on the workbench, he spun the shaft. It sounded like broken glass inside the converter. He just winked at me.

So I'm gonna call Lenny tomorrow and find out what the plan is to getting this sorted out. Neutral
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

I managed to grenade my new UCC Empty Re: I managed to grenade my new UCC

Post  studly November 9th 2009, 9:52 pm

man that is bad luck, i have been runing Lennys Converters for years, No problems yet, i am sure he will make things right. I have a new one on the way now. Let us know how it goes
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

I managed to grenade my new UCC Empty That sucks.

Post  512Fairlane November 9th 2009, 10:07 pm

Man that sucks. I've heard nothing but good things about those converters. I was planning on buying one after I save up some more bucks. Let us know how it works out.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 9th 2009, 11:19 pm

wow you the man.............thats a tough task.

Dont sweat the customer service........... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

I managed to grenade my new UCC Empty UCC

Post  ultimatelenny November 10th 2009, 8:40 am

Hi, give me a shout at the shop today, but in the meantime get your piece back to me asap. Let's take a look and see what happened and correct it. I try to make each piece that leaves virtually bullet proof to the point of overkill, but as you know, sometimes a gremlin bites you. I can only promise that it will be taken care of 100%. I will keep you posted on what I find.
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

http://www.ultimateconverter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman November 10th 2009, 11:44 am

Spoke with Lenny this morning. A big thumbs up with customer service. He said he'd take care of me asap. I wish all vendors were like that.

A guy in another post said "If it were raining whores I'd get hit with a queer." Well, that's my luck exactly. Embarassed I know a lot of you guys have UCC's and your rides run a lot harder than mine. Its got to be a fluke. And I'm not discouraged from getting another for my next project. Being good to deal with after the sale goes a long ways...
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 13th 2009, 6:21 am

4thHorseman wrote:Spoke with Lenny this morning. A big thumbs up with customer service. He said he'd take care of me asap. I wish all vendors were like that.

A guy in another post said "If it were raining whores I'd get hit with a queer." Well, that's my luck exactly. Embarassed I know a lot of you guys have UCC's and your rides run a lot harder than mine. Its got to be a fluke. And I'm not discouraged from getting another for my next project. Being good to deal with after the sale goes a long ways...
Its pricless
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn November 13th 2009, 2:20 pm

Sorry to hear 'bout your converter... I too am running one of Lenny's converter's in my truck... I've yet to experience Lenny's customer service skills outside of the initial sale, but I have no doubt they're top notch...

Doug... I managed to grenade my new UCC Icon_cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

I managed to grenade my new UCC Empty Any News on This?

Post  512Fairlane December 5th 2009, 11:30 pm

Did you get this fixed yet? Did you find out what happened to it? I have know doubt that UCC took care of of you just wondering what happened.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  ultimatelenny December 7th 2009, 8:29 pm

I repaired and returned Ernest's converter before we closed and relocated to North Carolina. He should have it by now and getting it back in his hot rod. The culprit was the fins lifted out of the pump cover, I will have to guess it was a glitch in the furnace brazing, I sent it back to the brazing company and, of course not their problem Mad , needless to say I will have a new company doing my brazing down here (North Carolina)and the samples I sent to be done appear to be top shelf as far as appearance and stength. Hopefully this problem will never surface again, as far as the brazing goes. We all know that problems can pop up at any time as far as anything racing goes, all I can do is stand behind any product Ultimate produces and keep our customers happy.

Lenny@UCC
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 7th 2009, 9:01 pm

There ya go.......... Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor December 8th 2009, 3:59 am

that's just awesome! don't see much customer service like that these days...especially in a business where parts are almost expected to break!

Vendors on this board are top notch! I have no doubt where I'll get my converter from.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori December 8th 2009, 9:58 am

windsor wrote:that's just awesome! don't see much customer service like that these days...especially in a business where parts are almost expected to break!

Vendors on this board are top notch! I have no doubt where I'll get my converter from.

One more future customer here....

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 December 8th 2009, 4:53 pm

ultimatelenny wrote:I repaired and returned Ernest's converter before we closed and relocated to North Carolina. He should have it by now and getting it back in his hot rod. The culprit was the fins lifted out of the pump cover, I will have to guess it was a glitch in the furnace brazing, I sent it back to the brazing company and, of course not their problem Mad , needless to say I will have a new company doing my brazing down here (North Carolina)and the samples I sent to be done appear to be top shelf as far as appearance and stength. Hopefully this problem will never surface again, as far as the brazing goes. We all know that problems can pop up at any time as far as anything racing goes, all I can do is stand behind any product Ultimate produces and keep our customers happy.

Lenny@UCC

What did they have to say about losing your business to someone else?
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ultimatelenny December 8th 2009, 5:37 pm

Never heard back, they weren't the most diplomatic company to deal with. Surprising,as I dealt with them for over 10 years. Even so, it would be cost prohibitive to ship that far now. No hard feelings, just time to move ahead.
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman December 17th 2009, 11:56 am

Bolted it all back together and took it for a quick spin out on the flats. Everything's good to go. cheers I leaned into it a bit and she felt good, but the pavement was too cold and dusty to really mess with it. While it was down I installed the roller spring perches. Washed & covered it on jack stands in the garage for a short winter's nap.

I have to say I'm really impressed with UCC's support & service.

Thanks!
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 22nd 2009, 10:24 pm

Glad you got it back together.

Also glad that Lenny took the time to respond on the board. It's rare that a company will admit they had something fail for whatever reason (theirs or a subcontractors). It shows that Lenny is top notch in the fact that he said what was wrong with it and why...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie December 23rd 2009, 3:55 am

well after reading this I know where my next convertor is coming from.

paulie

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 December 25th 2009, 1:12 am

paulie wrote:well after reading this I know where my next convertor is coming from.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've heard nothin but good on Lenny and his hook ups Exclamation

Things that are mechanical.... you cannot promise they won't faulter, but this Dude sounds real good Exclamation

Signed,

By a future customer Wink
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  studly December 25th 2009, 1:36 pm

I have two UCC converters happy with both of them, getting ready to get a third never had any problems.
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 December 25th 2009, 8:54 pm

studly wrote:I have two UCC converters happy with both of them, getting ready to get a third never had any problems.
did you get the nos converter from lenny
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  studly December 25th 2009, 10:07 pm

yes, i have a 4500 nos converter from lenny and a3800 nos converter for the bbf and getting ready to order one for a 638 bbf with 250 hit of nos
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum