BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holley Fuel Regulator

2 posters

Go down

Holley Fuel Regulator Empty Holley Fuel Regulator

Post  747JetMech July 30th 2014, 5:06 pm

I am ordering a new fuel tank pick up from RobbMc with -8 pickup for my Maverick. I found a Holley fuel regulator on the car with the part number 34R-6657B. I want to run a bypass line back to the tank. I cant find any information on this regulator to tell if it can be used for bypassing fuel or just dead head to carb.
I am planning on using a 100 micron filter pre pump and 40 micron after. Does this sound right to you guys?

Thanks for the help.

Tom

747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

Holley Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Holley Fuel Regulator

Post  kim July 30th 2014, 7:47 pm

That's just a casting no, not a part no. It could be either a 12-803 which has 3/8 NPT ports and a .220 restriction, and is adjustable from 4.5 ro 9 psi, or it could be a 12-804 which is identical, but regulates from 1-4psi. I don't think you'll be able to tell by looking at them. You'll have to hook it up to a guage and see what it puts out. If it's chrome, the part no's are 12-501, adn 12-500, respectively.

kim

Back to top Go down

Holley Fuel Regulator Empty Thanks Kim

Post  747JetMech August 1st 2014, 2:10 pm

I did some more searching and found that these old regulators look almost identical. There looks to be 2 kinds. Bypass and non bypass. The way you tell is if both horizontal outlets are just that, then it is a non bypass regulator. If one the horizontal outlet and one horizontal inlet, then its a bypass type.

I don't know if the old regulators are marked inlet - outlet....

I also found I was running a 35 micron filter before the pump... Bad.. It was the Earls type with the bronze filter.

Tom
747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

Holley Fuel Regulator Empty Re: Holley Fuel Regulator

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down