BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

breaking in the 500

+3
DanH
Rabbit
pro64
7 posters

Go down

breaking in the 500 Empty breaking in the 500

Post  pro64 August 2nd 2014, 6:19 pm

well ive got about a total of three hrs running time on the new motor.ive had consistant oil pressure hot and cold. Decided to cut open filter and found nothing, do you guys think this thing has been running long enough to check the filter or not...... Question cherry 

pro64

Back to top Go down

breaking in the 500 Empty Re: breaking in the 500

Post  Rabbit August 2nd 2014, 7:55 pm

I would go ahead a change the oil and then after 500 miles change the oil for the last time  cheers 
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH August 6th 2014, 1:03 pm

Rabbit wrote:I would go ahead a change the oil and then after 500 miles change the oil for the last time  cheers 
"for the last time" you run some very special oil or very short lived engines

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  fordguy69 August 6th 2014, 4:19 pm

DanH wrote:
Rabbit wrote:I would go ahead a change the oil and then after 500 miles change the oil for the last time  cheers 
"for the last time"  you run some very special oil or very short lived engines

I had a buddy that bought a new Chrysler mini-van.  Some years later we went on a road trip in it.  The lifters were clattering and I had him pull into a gas station so I could check the oil.  Van had 66,000 miles on it.  There was not a drop of oil on the dipstick.  I had to put 4 quarts in it to get it up to full.  Fired it up and lifter clatter gone.  

When I asked him when the last time he changed the oil he said, and I quote "Huh!"  Dumbass didn't know he had to change the oil.  It had never been changed since the factory built the van.  In fact, he had never taken it in for any service of any kind.  

By the way, he is a degreed college grad.   Embarassed

fordguy69

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB August 6th 2014, 8:25 pm

fordguy69 wrote:
DanH wrote:

I had a buddy that bought a new Chrysler mini-van.  Some years later we went on a road trip in it.  The lifters were clattering and I had him pull into a gas station so I could check the oil.  Van had 66,000 miles on it.  There was not a drop of oil on the dipstick.  I had to put 4 quarts in it to get it up to full.  Fired it up and lifter clatter gone.  

When I asked him when the last time he changed the oil he said, and I quote "Huh!"  Dumbass didn't know he had to change the oil.  It had never been changed since the factory built the van.  In fact, he had never taken it in for any service of any kind.  

That sounds like the future of our country. Guys like us are a dieing breed. Jus sayn
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 7th 2014, 10:05 am

Booksmart...without a lick of walkin' around sense. Rolling Eyes 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse August 14th 2014, 3:21 pm

fordguy69 wrote:
DanH wrote:

maverick wrote:Booksmart...without a lick of walkin' around sense. Rolling Eyes 

Meet a few of them myself.
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum