BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD

+6
bruno
Ranch71460
Curt
D. Sea
4thHorseman
GregHunter
10 posters

Go down

Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD Empty Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD

Post  GregHunter November 12th 2009, 10:58 am

Nhra still has a ban on the Ford Boss engine in Top Alcohol classes. I run a Mustang Funnycar with a Boss Ford engine and Nhra still will not let us compete. According to Nhra the Ford engine is a Potential Performance Advantage. We have even offered to run our Boss with a roots blower against the Hemi's with Screws. Still no! We are still trying to get accepted. If anyone wants to help get this engine back into competition please email Nhra tech department at tech@nhra.com and and Glen Gray at ggray@nhra.com, Glen is the VP of technical operations. With some help we can get the Boss back in competition. Thanks very much for your help!

Greg Hunter

GregHunter

Back to top Go down

Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD Empty sent to both...

Post  4thHorseman November 12th 2009, 2:08 pm

"Just a quick comment to make you aware that there is a fan base out here that would really like to see the Ford Boss engine allowed in NHRA. I believe if the tech department feels it constitutes an unfair advantage over the others that some reasonable limiters could be put in place to level the playing field to their satisfaction.

Besides, what ever happened to “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.”? The American auto industry could use all of the help it can get. Please, throw Ford and the fans a bone."

Good luck!
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD Empty Re: Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD

Post  GregHunter November 12th 2009, 4:47 pm

I hope we can get in touch with the fan base! I have gone to the extent of offering to run with a roots blower instead of a screw or limiting the bore size. They are reconsidering right now and I hope with some help from some Ford Fans we can get it back into competition!

GregHunter

Back to top Go down

Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD Empty Re: Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD

Post  D. Sea November 12th 2009, 6:29 pm

Good luck and I'll be 'rooting' for ya' Very Happy
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt November 12th 2009, 8:12 pm

NoHappyRacersAllowed.

If JF racing cant get a pass on the engine, nobody is going to get it done.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 November 12th 2009, 10:22 pm

Saw you make a pass at Yellowstone Dragway, Billings Montana on labour day weekend. The motor and car sounded and looked awesome Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD Icon_eek Nhra Outlaws Ford engine from TAFC/TAD Icon_biggrin
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno November 12th 2009, 10:30 pm

any pics Greg Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl November 13th 2009, 12:39 am

I personally know Greg and his father well and they run a top of the class operation !!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  GregHunter November 13th 2009, 1:31 am

Thanks guys! Hopefully they will let us race next year in Billings. Hopefully we can continue to improve. Our website is almost complete, www.huntermotorsports.com Hopefully this weekend! Check us out! Also from Billings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJy8I7oRqJ8

GregHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. November 13th 2009, 2:11 am

Greg, here's a thread I started a couple of months back. I thought you'd probably gave up on NHRA after they ignored us last time, but maybe with Ford coming back in PS, and stock, and sponsoring the NHRA company vehicles, they're getting more receptive. I'll write another letter to them. The whole thing was just plain over reacting on their part. Ban an engine...sheeesh...

https://www.429-460.com/general-discussion-f5/ford-powered-funny-car-t807.htm

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 13th 2009, 2:38 am

bruno wrote:any pics Greg Very Happy

and some videos Smile

ok found them

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno November 13th 2009, 9:56 am

wow .... beautiful machine Greg ........ welcome to our humble little site Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ November 13th 2009, 9:01 pm

awesome! i would have the biggest grin on my face seeing this thing run. Twisted Evil
good luck hopefully we can make something happen it would be so cool to see you run in nhra events.

Cool
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down