BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone use CK performance

4 posters

Go down

Anyone use CK performance Empty Anyone use CK performance

Post  droppedf100 August 11th 2014, 10:10 pm

I'm looking at getting a full tilt c6 to replace my stock rebuilt unit that has served me well for many years. Anyone use them? I talked on the phone with him and he seems knowledgeable with ford trans'. It has a lot of features and custom parts and some he makes inhouse like the billet steel input shaft.

http://www.ckperformance.com/resources/fordc6transmissions.html

I will be keeping the standard c6 gear set but he will add the better e4od parts to it.
droppedf100
droppedf100

Back to top Go down

Anyone use CK performance Empty Re: Anyone use CK performance

Post  J.Toney August 11th 2014, 10:38 pm

I've bought a couple of his diode style TH350 direct drums, and 2 of his TH400 transbrakes. Haven't heard any feedback on the brakes yet, but been great to deal with and field questions so far.
If its still going to use stock ratio's, what E40D parts are going in? The LR clutch hub?
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  droppedf100 August 12th 2014, 8:43 am

I don't remember exactly but it was parts that go with the gear set from the e4od. I'm keeping the stock c6 gear ratios. I planned to go with an auto/ manual vb for the street but not sure yet. Seems the manual set ups are a lot better. I don't want any problems as this is a big purchase for me lol. I've been getting a lot of shit for wanting a c6 over a th400 but I can't do it knowing these things can hold their own.
droppedf100
droppedf100

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 August 12th 2014, 4:19 pm

I may be wrong but the e40d upgrade parts are the rollerized planetarys which lowers your gear ratios.  Looking at his build page looks like a basic performance upgrade kit by adding clutches and steels to the drums.  Seems like an awfully expensive rebuild job for a 550 horsepower/torque capable tranny(stock is capable of this).  I am so glad I have a good transmission guy close to home that has reasonable pricing.  Just for reference I have a approx. $2k in my c-6 it has been fully rollerized with  4r100 planetary{six pinion rather than four(e4od)}, rigid steel band Kevlar lined, lightened drums, lightened sun shell, transbrake valvebody, green metallic style clutches or red eagle clutches, upgraded and coated steels, billet r-servo, billet f-servo lever,  hardened input shaft, new front pump, all new seals, gaskets, bushings.

Last edited by lghting94 on August 12th 2014, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  droppedf100 August 12th 2014, 4:35 pm

Look down farther at the super comp trans it has all that and more including a billet input shaft.
droppedf100
droppedf100

Back to top Go down

Post  norm August 12th 2014, 6:32 pm

Can rollerize the stock gear sets, don't have to go with the lower gears.
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum