BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I heard a rumor last week.....

+12
dr's wife racing
FalconEh
jbozzelle
dfree383
bbf-falcon
68formalGT
Lem Evans
Moodyblues
BigBlockRanger
maverick
Hardy
ThndrChkn
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So, I heard a rumor last week..... - Page 2 Empty Re: So, I heard a rumor last week.....

Post  dfree383 September 3rd 2014, 6:58 pm

Moodyblues wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Does that get you all fired up and want to go out and buy a new Mustang? Not me.

Well I have a F-250, a Ford race car, and im proud to see my brand out there competing against the bad guys.  So, you're ok with all the money going to Indy car?   If your going to cut the budget, cut it all based on the premises that it doesn't sell cars on Monday.

Don't take it wrong, most if us would live to see them putting some grip in more common man racing or even rich man stuff like prostock or top fuel... But it ain't going to happen in today's world..... The accountants and lawyers have killed it.

And organizations like the nhra and nascar aren't helping either......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

So, I heard a rumor last week..... - Page 2 Empty Re: So, I heard a rumor last week.....

Post  Lem Evans September 3rd 2014, 7:00 pm

All of the engines that I am aware of in the 2014 Indy 500 were Honda or Chevy/goverment motors. No Ford deals...as it should have been.

Most of Ford's racing budget goes to nascar stock car racing and I suspect the return on the investment is marginal. Over the last few decades the fans that still follow the series have become mostly driver loyal rather than brand loyal. Go to the race in their Toyota and cheer Dale Jr. on is the way it really works.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle September 3rd 2014, 10:00 pm

Hmmm. Can't tell you the last time I watched anything more then 10 minutes of NHRA Pro racing, including Pro Stock. Just doesn't do it for me anymore... I do watch the Lucas Oil sportsman series stuff when it comes on TV and even then I skim over the TAD and TAFC stuff. I'd rather the grassroots stuff anyday. I'll watch Comp Eliminator all day long...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh September 3rd 2014, 10:03 pm

Most of Ford's racing budget goes to nascar stock car racing and I suspect the return on the investment is marginal. Over the last few decades the fans that still follow the series have become mostly driver loyal rather than brand loyal. Go to the race in their Toyota and cheer Dale Jr. on is the way it really works.[/quote]

X2

Did the Dodge heirchery figure this out as the body rules are different in the Cup series as opposed to the Nationwide series, and Dodge pulled out of cup and continued or increased their lower classes... still in Nationwide and have Challengers ...Mustangs and Cameos (not a typo) further they have played favorites forever a 426 Hemi is ok but a Boss 494 is not... if you want to lose money producing 500 units to the public (Boss 429) then go ahead and win on race day and sell on Monday. The days of run what you brung are over it should be called CLASSCAR not NASCAR. JMO
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 4th 2014, 9:55 am

Lem Evans wrote:All of the engines that I am aware of in the 2014 Indy 500 were Honda or Chevy/goverment motors. No Ford deals...as it should have been.

Most of Ford's racing budget goes to nascar stock car racing and I suspect the return on the investment is marginal. Over the last few decades the fans that still follow the series have become mostly driver loyal rather than brand loyal. Go to the race in their Toyota and cheer Dale Jr. on is the way it really works.
Lem I agree fully with you. I used to be a NASCAR fan. Grew up going all over to different tracks on vacation with my parents. Now I won't drive 2 hours to Talledega even with free tickets. My question is why did they work so hard to turn it into a drivers series ?? They had the best of all worlds. Brand loyal, driver loyal, Nascar loyal, regional loyal. So they changed many of the Nascar rules that made a race exciting. They took races away from the grass root fans and moved them other places. They made all the cars look the same. The engines are all basicaly the same. Have to run the same gear ect. They tried real hard to ruin a successful series. Patterned it after one of the most un successful series in history, INDY CAR. They have basicaly one race a yr. that people watch. They say they are moving back to tradition. Time will tell but they really cut the series off at the root. Most things die when you cut the roots off.
David Cole and I used to go all the time to NHRA. We haven't been in yrs. for about the same reasons as above. Took the racing out and turned it into a fassion show. Sleep
That is the thing I like most about the grudge stuff. You might see a all alum. yates head NOS small block in a fairmont race a fire lizzard with a turbo ls. At least its different.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse September 4th 2014, 11:17 am

NASCAR used to be on public airwaves now you need cable, forget that!!!! I can't count on one hand the number of times I went to a Drag Race to watch Pro classes.
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 4th 2014, 11:41 am

Dark Horse of Apocalypse wrote:NASCAR used to be on public airwaves now you need cable, forget that!!!! I can't count on one hand the number of times I went to a Drag Race to watch Pro classes.

When I go, it's for the manufacturer's midway to check out new parts & stuff. I see very little racing.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround September 4th 2014, 2:44 pm

maverick wrote:
Dark Horse of Apocalypse wrote:NASCAR used to be on public airwaves now you need cable, forget that!!!! I can't count on one hand the number of times I went to a Drag Race to watch Pro classes.

When I go, it's for the manufacturer's midway to check out new parts & stuff.  I see very little racing.

X2 on that. I watch some of the lower classes, but mainly cruise the pits looking at cars and manufactures midway. (oh and "people" watching can be quite entertaining also).
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues September 4th 2014, 9:10 pm

Guess I'm old school I do go to watch all classes. I'm a big pro stock fan and I'm tired if seeing so damn many craparoes. After Larry I pull for Allen Johnson and Jeggie. I do watch FC with the Ford Mustang bodies.

I guess I'm the only one that wants to see Fords in Pro Stock.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 September 4th 2014, 9:18 pm

Moodyblues wrote:Guess I'm old school I do go to watch all classes.  I'm a big pro stock fan and I'm tired if seeing so damn many craparoes.  After Larry I pull for Allen Johnson and Jeggie.   I do watch FC with the Ford Mustang bodies.  

I like pro stock also and would watch it more if they had more fords running.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse September 4th 2014, 9:19 pm

I don't begrudge anyone if they want to watch all the classes at the drags, I prefer smaller Outlaw tracks as well as sportsman's classes.
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 5th 2014, 9:14 am

Moodyblues wrote:Guess I'm old school I do go to watch all classes.  I'm a big pro stock fan and I'm tired if seeing so damn many craparoes.  After Larry I pull for Allen Johnson and Jeggie.   I do watch FC with the Ford Mustang bodies.  

We'd all like to see Fords in ProStock....if they can actually COMPETE.  That's the part that takes cubic $$$ and isn't likely to happen anytime soon. Watching a nice guy/underdog get a public spanking in a pseudo-Mustang every week isn't my idea of entertainment.

That said, is wasn't long ago that an IHRA Mountain Motor ProStock field of qualifiers was composed of 16 Kaase powered Fords....and then there was everybody else.  Even that sucked the fun out of the sport for Ford lovers, and pretty much killed the class.  At the 2007 Bash we learned how the GM's and MoPars finally became competitive.  

Something in between would be fun to watch...but still completely disconnected from the showroom.

I'm just glad that the CobraJet stuff is so successful.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 5th 2014, 10:13 am

The CobraJet mustangs are the shit i.m.o. Exclamation

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 5th 2014, 10:19 am

If you talk too Larry Morgan he will tell you that his Big Ford is NOT down on power,he's fighting aero drag w/the Mustang body. It 60' and 1/8 mi. as well as the GM cars,but after that it's all down hill. He said on the big end it's like hitting a brick wall and will not mph. Body is too high in rear.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 5th 2014, 10:22 am

Lem Evans wrote:The CobraJet mustangs are the shit i.m.o. Exclamation

Agreed.  We haven't seen a facory racecar that badass since the 60's.  The thing is actually feared by the other guys.

God bless Larry Morgan, but the other guys are pretty much pulling his pants down and taking his lunch money in the girls gym.
He really needs somebody to stick up for him.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 5th 2014, 10:27 am

maverick wrote:

Agreed.  We haven't seen a facory racecar that badass since the 60's.  The thing is actually feared by the other guys.

God bless Larry Morgan, but the other guys are pretty much pulling his pants down and taking his lunch money in the girls gym.

And just did the first seven second SS pass? What a Face
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 5th 2014, 10:30 am

dfree383 wrote:
maverick wrote:

And just did the first seven second SS pass? What a Face

Yeah. I've seen Youtube videos of a CJ pretty much spinning the tires through a 7 second pass while one busy driver keeps jerking the shifter. Cool Cool Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 5th 2014, 2:11 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBMqceSmvqY&feature=youtu.be
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 5th 2014, 2:13 pm

I fully agree Lemo,undoughtedly the best factory racecar of all times,Bar none. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 5th 2014, 3:14 pm

dfree383 wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBMqceSmvqY&feature=youtu.be

That is one honkin' store bought hotrod. Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 September 7th 2014, 9:55 am

I have always been brand loyal and will continue to be in everything I watch, from Being a Carl Edwards fan in Nascar to he can go to hell now with Toyota. I did the same with Matt Kenseth and his shirt that I wear when I work on my cars and no where else. I also would like to see a Ford in pro stock and be completely competitive like when Bob was out there when I was a kid, I like the SS and Stock mustangs but just like pro stock not every man can afford one of those either and the numbers on them being built is low also. Brand loyalty is how cars are sold now and quality builds, there is no longer win on Sundays buy on Monday and it hasn't been in forever so I guess Ford mine as well pull out of all forms of racing! I think Jamie Allison is a idiot but hey he has his job and I guess even if he sucks at it he will keep it, but putting money into any kind of racing is pretty much a waste for car companies.

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2