BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I had a little luck so far with the bow ...

+4
FalconEh
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
Dave C.
ThndrChkn
8 posters

Go down

I had a little luck so far with the bow ... Empty I had a little luck so far with the bow ...

Post  ThndrChkn September 10th 2014, 1:35 am

So I've been coaching a friend of mine with his archery shooting through the summer and he invites me to hunt with him and another mutual friend on a local river bottom where they have some stands set up ... I've never hunted a stand before, so I thought this would be interesting if nothing else ...

It took all of about 20 min in the stand for me to start getting anxious and want to get out and start walking and covering ground ...  Then I told myself, just to sit it out and see what happens ...  I'm telling you it was one of the toughest things I've ever done ...  LOL !! But long story short, I made it work ...

I took this pic about 30 seconds before I shot this deer ...

I had a little luck so far with the bow ... Image-40

Once he cleared the brush, he presented me with a perfect broadside shot from 40 yds ... I released a 470gr Easton FMJ from my BowTech RPM360, and well, the rest is history ...  This is only my 2nd archery killed whitetail buck, and clearly my biggest ...

I had a little luck so far with the bow ... Image-41

I thought the full moon in the background was pretty cool ...
I had a little luck so far with the bow ... Image-42

I'm taking off for a 10 day elk hunt from the 19th through the 29th ... Wish me luck ...

Hunting season is officially under way ...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

I had a little luck so far with the bow ... Empty Re: I had a little luck so far with the bow ...

Post  Dave C. September 10th 2014, 8:09 am

Good Luck !

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

I had a little luck so far with the bow ... Empty Re: I had a little luck so far with the bow ...

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse September 10th 2014, 9:16 am

Good luck to you sir. I have never hunted with a bow but I have deep respect for those who do.
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 10th 2014, 9:49 am

Dave C. wrote:Good Luck !

Thanks Dave ... Your advise will be coming into play for sure ...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh September 10th 2014, 9:38 pm

AHH in velvet, just under the wire a few days do make a difference...Good luck on the Elk hunt!
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey September 12th 2014, 4:19 pm

It's nice to see those pics on the big screen now, instead of the cell phone. Very Happy Good luck Doug!
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 13th 2014, 7:06 am

Good luck Doug. I don't hunt anymore sold all my hunting gear a few years back,but I really enjoyed Bow hunting from a stand. Fall deer (Bow)season in Ohio is great,weather is perfect. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 15th 2014, 1:32 pm

Very nice. We're still a month away in Al.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 16th 2014, 11:10 am

Walking my property yesterday; we saw 3 does and one BIG BUCK!

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down