BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kaase pump pickup tube

+2
c.evans
fastbarry
6 posters

Go down

kaase pump pickup tube Empty kaase pump pickup tube

Post  fastbarry September 11th 2014, 2:32 pm

what have you guys used for a pickup tube with a kaase oil pump and a stock front sump pan.

i have a stock 1970 429 pi pan with a baffle that fits in my '66 fairlane and need to figure out the pick up tube. if it comes to it i could build one.

thanks,
barry
fastbarry
fastbarry

Back to top Go down

kaase pump pickup tube Empty Re: kaase pump pickup tube

Post  c.evans September 11th 2014, 4:56 pm

Why don't you go to the Melling Oil Pump site and do a study of the multitude of Ford pick-ups that they have available. You might find something there that would be acceptable.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fastbarry September 11th 2014, 6:35 pm

i looked on the melling site and was only able to find the angled bolt on style and the press in style. maybe i am not looking in the right spot.
fastbarry
fastbarry

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 11th 2014, 6:36 pm

Measure the depth of the pan.

The check Moroso, Canton or Milodon for a pickup

Don't just look at the pictures...... Read the descriptions

http://m.summitracing.com/search/part-type/oil-pump-pickups?keyword=460%20oil%20pickup&page=3
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 14th 2014, 2:03 am

fastbarry wrote:what have you guys used for a pickup tube with a kaase oil pump and a stock front sump pan.

i have a stock 1970 429 pi pan with a baffle that fits in my '66 fairlane and need to figure out the pick up tube.  if it comes to it i could build one.

thanks,
barry
If you have the rear sump style oil pump (the pickup tube bolts to the side of the pump body), then you can use the Canton 15-763 pickup with the OEM 429/460 front sump CJ pan (the OEM front sump oil pan with bafffle that you describe).
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust September 14th 2014, 3:45 am

I was lucky to get a hold of a Canton 15-761 which fits the CJ type pump if you were able to track down some old stock but I believe they are discontinued .
Other option as listed above use the canton pickup 15-763 to a rear sump type pump which would work with front sump, I got one and did the measuring.
I spoke with Lem when I got my pump and he suggested minimum 3/4" I.D tube for the Kaase pump.

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 14th 2014, 7:25 am

xx

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 14th 2014, 2:04 pm

Gregaust wrote:I was lucky to get a hold of a Canton 15-761 which fits the CJ type pump if you were able to track down some old stock but I believe they are discontinued.
Yes, the 15-760 and 15-761 pan and pickup are discontinued, however the 15-761 pickup still comes up on Canton's "Garage Sale" page which shows they have 15 pickups in stock, and for just $15 a pop. That page has not been updated for some time so I don't know whther they actually have any more or not. Also, I am not certain on the pan depth for which the pickup tube was intended so measure-measure-measure.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum