BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crank Trigger and Timing Pointer Question

5 posters

Go down

Crank Trigger and Timing Pointer Question Empty Crank Trigger and Timing Pointer Question

Post  SandHillsHillbilly September 21st 2014, 5:16 am

I am thinking of using an Innovators West crank trigger mount and their timing pointer.
How do you mount them when they are both on the right side of engine?
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Crank Trigger and Timing Pointer Question Empty Re: Crank Trigger and Timing Pointer Question

Post  Lem Evans September 21st 2014, 12:41 pm

The trigger face can be clocked for a driver or passenger side pickup.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Crank Trigger and Timing Pointer Question Empty Re: Crank Trigger and Timing Pointer Question

Post  SandHillsHillbilly September 21st 2014, 1:50 pm

I need the sensor at 50 degrees BTDC. Using it for efi with a 36 tooth rigger wheel.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 21st 2014, 10:41 pm

The trigger doesn't care where you put it as long as it is about .060 away from the magnet.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly September 22nd 2014, 12:02 am

Curt wrote:The trigger doesn't care where you put it as long as it is about .060 away from the magnet.

This is different that just a crank triggered ignition.
It is for sequential fuel injection. The setup is a fixed position with the sensor at 50 degree BTDC. Using a 36 tooth wheel with one of the teeth missing. The missing tooth aligns with TDC.
Please scroll down in the link to EDIS8 for a better graphic explanation.
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/edis.html#ediswheel

I would have normally posted this in the EFI section but thought someone here might have run a typical crank trigger and timing pointer on the same side.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH September 22nd 2014, 2:23 am

SandHillsHillbilly wrote:
Curt wrote:The trigger doesn't care where you put it as long as it is about .060 away from the magnet.

This is different that just a crank triggered ignition.
It is for sequential fuel injection. The setup is a fixed position with the sensor at 50 degree BTDC. Using a 36 tooth wheel with one of the teeth missing. The missing tooth aligns with TDC.
Please scroll down in the link to EDIS8 for a better graphic explanation.
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/edis.html#ediswheel

I would have normally posted this in the EFI section but thought someone here might have run a typical crank trigger and timing pointer on the same side.

try to understand what Curt told you.

put the crank at 50* btdc , without moveing the crank the pick up can be placed at 12 o'clock or 6 o'c even at 7:30 o'c.. install where its easy for you to mount/adjust

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly September 22nd 2014, 9:11 am

Ding Ding Ding I guess sleeping help me understand what Curt was saying.

Place the crank at 50 degrees BTDC. Install the trigger wheel so the missing tooth aligns with the sensor. The sensor can be mounted anywhere so long as it and the missing tooth aligns when the crank is at 50 degrees.

It was right in front of me the whole time as it is what is called Method B in the link I posted. I couldn't see the trees for the forest. Thanks guys I was over complicating it.

SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 22nd 2014, 11:27 am

KISS....   Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down