BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armor Coat vs Stainless Steel Headers

3 posters

Go down

Armor Coat vs Stainless Steel Headers Empty Armor Coat vs Stainless Steel Headers

Post  plowboy34 September 29th 2014, 4:00 pm

Just wanted expert opinions on which way you would go. Armor coating or powder coating is going to be $160-$250 more. The brands I am considering are Pacesetter vs OBX stainless on a 91 F250 5.8. Like I said just thought I would get some of your thoughts.

Thanks

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Armor Coat vs Stainless Steel Headers Empty Re: Armor Coat vs Stainless Steel Headers

Post  rmcomprandy September 29th 2014, 11:30 pm

plowboy34 wrote:Just wanted expert opinions on which way you would go. Armor coating or powder coating is going to be $160-$250 more. The brands I am considering are Pacesetter vs OBX stainless on a 91 F250 5.8. Like I said just thought I would get some of your thoughts.  

Thanks

It all depends upon what you are looking for ... looks, heat containment or some combination of the two.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Armor Coat vs Stainless Steel Headers Empty Re: Armor Coat vs Stainless Steel Headers

Post  plowboy34 September 30th 2014, 10:47 am

looks definitely not an issue, heat containment always a plus but not really necessary on this, I just don't want my headers to rust out as I am one who always keeps a vehicle until it is dead and this one has 88,000 miles on it. Yes I know this for a fact so I figure I'm gonna have it a long time. My main concern is I just don't know much about OBX headers. I know the pacesetter fitment is excellent, if someone could tell me the same on OBX it would be a no brainer which way to go for what I want.

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead September 30th 2014, 11:18 am

I know a few guys that have tried the OBX headers in the 93-95 Lightnings and they had a LOT of fitment issues.

I've installed OBX's on other vehicles with pretty good success,.......but I think they missed the mark with the ones that are "supposedly" designed to fit the 87-96 F-series trucks with a 5.8 engine.

Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 30th 2014, 6:50 pm

Longevity = stainless

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down