BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bbf afr head in car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting

+8
bbf-falcon
nuclearcobra
richter69
Carl
dfree383
STR-LGL-70
whitefield
5pointslow
12 posters

Go down

bbf afr head in  car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting  Empty bbf afr head in car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting

Post  5pointslow October 10th 2014, 6:20 am

https://www.airflowresearch.com/articles/article222/A-P1.html
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

bbf afr head in  car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting  Empty Re: bbf afr head in car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting

Post  whitefield October 10th 2014, 6:56 am

5pointslow wrote:https://www.airflowresearch.com/articles/article222/A-P1.html

Pretty good read ! Thanks
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

bbf afr head in  car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting  Empty AFR

Post  STR-LGL-70 October 10th 2014, 7:04 am

Been waiting to see more about these.
With the revised valve locations sounds like existing stud girdles will not work & have to cut pistons as well. Wonder if an "A" type intake could be made to work with these to fit the rectangle ports?
Sheldon G.
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

bbf afr head in  car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting  Empty Re: bbf afr head in car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting

Post  dfree383 October 10th 2014, 9:10 am

STR-LGL-70 wrote:Been waiting to see more about these.
With the revised valve locations sounds like existing stud girdles will not work & have to cut pistons as well. Wonder if an "A" type intake could be made to work with these to fit the rectangle ports?
Sheldon G.

No on the A460 intake the ports are way to low on the heads
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield October 10th 2014, 8:22 pm

dfree383 wrote:
Sheldon G.

What intake will they except ?
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 10th 2014, 8:28 pm

whitefield wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
Sheldon G.

What intake  will they except ?

AFR's.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield October 10th 2014, 8:33 pm

I am a big fan of the AFR Sbf heads . I just hope the BBF heads are as good or better than the SBF stuff.
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 10th 2014, 8:54 pm

Well..... Seeing that they require a specific AFR intake and a new piston design I don't see them going over big. At that point you might as well buy A460 heads........and get a real race head.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl October 10th 2014, 9:38 pm

whitefield wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
Sheldon G.

What intake  will they except ?

Any stock style BBF intake will physically bolt up to them, as the intake flange is based on the factory CJ head, but the port itself is a "roval" which will benefit from the intake being port matched.  The Victor would probably be an easy match, and I'm guessing the Torker II will work better than expected....and really any small port intake will be an easy port-match.  Notice in the picture how the AFR port fits within the confines of the CJ gasket.  Rumor has it that the AFR single plane intake will be even taller than the Victor.  I expect they're going to surprise a lot of people.

bbf afr head in  car craft mag ...saw this pretty interesting  Overlaying-stock-intake

Last edited by Carl on October 10th 2014, 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield October 10th 2014, 9:46 pm

Thanks for the pic and info ^^^^!
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 10th 2014, 11:35 pm

Not that impressed w the sbf heads myself
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 11th 2014, 12:05 am

richter69 wrote:Not that impressed w the sbf heads myself

X2 it's all about the marketing........
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra October 11th 2014, 12:31 am

Which ones are you impressed with for the sbf ? just curious as the only ones I've messed with yet are the world Windsor sr. iron heads and the kaase canted valve aluminum heads both unported.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 11th 2014, 6:32 am

nuclearcobra wrote:Which ones are you impressed with for the sbf ? just curious as the only ones I've messed with yet are the world Windsor sr. iron heads and the kaase canted valve aluminum heads both unported.

A friend of mine runs the high ports on his SBF 408,they work well for him.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY October 11th 2014, 7:36 am

How long is the rumor on the manifold runners Carl ?
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield October 11th 2014, 9:33 am

nuclearcobra wrote:Which ones are you impressed with for the sbf ? just curious as the only ones I've messed with yet are the world Windsor sr. iron heads and the kaase canted valve aluminum heads both unported.

I have run the 185 and 205 heads on four different engine combos and both heads have served me well.

One thing I have learned is that the cam profiles are different when running the AFR heads versus the other heads of same size or compatibility .

Now that I have read about the BBF AFR Heads. They may be more trouble than they are worth. study

We will stay tuned and hope for the best for AFR !

Last edited by whitefield on October 11th 2014, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  glenevans October 11th 2014, 1:38 pm

If you could get "near race head performance" out of stock size heads, that would be very attractive to those that don't have tube frame cars.

glenevans

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 11th 2014, 2:39 pm

glenevans wrote:If you could get "near race head performance" out of stock size heads, that would be very attractive to those that don't have tube frame cars.

P-51 ?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  glenevans October 11th 2014, 5:27 pm

yes exactly, more options is usually a good situation rather than "less " options

glenevans

Back to top Go down

Post  fstrthnu373 October 12th 2014, 9:10 pm

They work damn good not all about flow numbers just went a 5.03 @ 139 with box stock AFR 225s on a 423W. Single kit stock suspension mustang on 275 pro's.
fstrthnu373
fstrthnu373

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield October 12th 2014, 9:20 pm

fstrthnu373 wrote:

They work damn good not all about flow numbers just went a 5.03 @ 139 with box stock AFR 225s on a 423W. Single kit stock suspension mustang on 275 pro's.

That's getting it done ! Congrats Cool Cool
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 12th 2014, 10:51 pm

the castings are ok, its all the valvetrain they come with thats crap. if they offered a bare casting it would have been better as we always put our own stuff in um.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down