BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker

+15
DILLIGASDAVE
res0rli9
68formalGT
wayney
dr's wife racing
BigBlockRanger
Moodyblues
BOSS 429
bigblok2000ranger
514F-1
72mav
rmcomprandy
bbf-falcon
dfree383
steven gregoire
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker Empty Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker

Post  steven gregoire November 18th 2014, 5:24 pm

http://www.hotrod.com/features/can-charlie-westcott-jr-turn-hemi-success-into-pro-stock-glory/
steven gregoire
steven gregoire

Back to top Go down

Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker Empty Re: Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker

Post  dfree383 November 18th 2014, 6:13 pm

Lets hope he can make the Fords competitive again.

Watching Larry Morgan at Pomona last weekend.... he hole shot the shit out of them and lead until half track then just did not have it on the top end to hold on.

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker Empty Re: Charlie Westcott giving it a go with a ford Pro Stocker

Post  bbf-falcon November 18th 2014, 7:04 pm

What I like about this deal is, Charlie likes too prove a point, I really do think if he gets the right driver, he will make Ford a winner in Pro Stock. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 19th 2014, 12:00 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:What I like about this deal is, Charlie likes too prove a point, I really do think if he gets the right driver, he will make Ford a winner in Pro Stock. Very Happy

Charlie has professed that he thinks this will be a no more difficult campaign than his SS/AH Hemi Cuda in the long run; (which came about because some Chrysler Hemi guys chided him that a Chevy boy wouldn't be competitive if he had a real race car. We know how that turned out; he had a "Bow-Tie" emblem on the roof of his car until the Chrysler Corporation clowns refused to pay him because of advertising another brand while winning "Hemi Shootouts").
He will still only use his own non extravagant car hauler, will have no other team members, (other than his dad), to pay, and definitely will drive it himself only going to races where he can make money and not worry about any championship points and such.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav November 22nd 2014, 11:01 pm

More power to him. He will need it with the current mustang body, which wont mph.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 23rd 2014, 1:01 am

72mav wrote:More power to him. He will need it with the current mustang body, which wont mph.
X2

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 November 24th 2014, 4:34 pm

Sad that the Ford P/S program was shut down by the factory before it ever really got off the ground. Really hope Charlie does well, but honestly, I don't seen him being overly competitive, no one has been able to do it yet. Sad I think personally, that the sun is setting on P/S as we know it, when you see diehard guys like Morgan pulling out, its not a good sign. Crying or Very sad
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 24th 2014, 10:43 pm

Perhaps the factory would be more inclined to be involved if there was more "stock" involved in Pro "Stock"!?

bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 24th 2014, 11:28 pm

514F-1 wrote:Sad that the Ford P/S program was shut down by the factory before it ever really got off the ground. Really hope Charlie does well, but honestly, I don't seen him being overly competitive, no one has been able to do it yet. Sad  I think personally, that the sun is setting on P/S as we know it, when you see diehard guys like Morgan pulling out, its not a good sign. Crying or Very sad

Charlie Westcott is not your average Dragracer/engine builder. If ANYONE can doit,he will. Should be fun watching it happen. It won't happen immediately,but he will bring it all together imo. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 November 24th 2014, 11:32 pm

514F-1 wrote:Sad that the Ford P/S program was shut down by the factory before it ever really got off the ground. Really hope Charlie does well, but honestly, I don't seen him being overly competitive, no one has been able to do it yet. Sad  I think personally, that the sun is setting on P/S as we know it, when you see diehard guys like Morgan pulling out, its not a good sign. Crying or Very sad

larry is switchin to a gm for pro stock for next year
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 24th 2014, 11:38 pm

It's about time for some change in that class . It's gotten so far away from it roots. Need something fresh and new.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 25th 2014, 12:15 am

dfree383 wrote:

It's about time for some change in that class . It's gotten so far away from it roots. Need something fresh and new.

Going back to STOCK body shapes, windshield angles and widths would be a good start.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 25th 2014, 12:04 pm

A body in white class where the only thing they can modify is the wheel opening for larger tires and the front fascia, and make them run production blocks and cylinder heads would be a great show imo. The class would probably slow down significantly for awhile but I would bet the factories would be more inclined to be involved with cars the general public can relate to.

Go back to the win on Sunday sell on Monday mentalities.

All just my opinion.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues November 25th 2014, 6:11 pm

Like Larry Morgan and glad he tried it out, but he has never really been at the top in Pro Stock. He could never get the chassis working, etc. Westcott is going wedge head on this deal, so it will be interesting.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger November 25th 2014, 7:38 pm

I would rather them go to production based engines and get rid of the purpose built exotic engines.

I really hope Charlie does well though!!!
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 November 25th 2014, 7:47 pm

Moodyblues wrote:Like Larry Morgan and glad he tried it out, but he has never really been at the top in Pro Stock.  He could never get the chassis working, etc.   Westcott is going wedge head on this deal, so it will be interesting.

Did not know he was going with wedge stuff? I heard he bought out Cunninhams Program, and as far as I knew Cunningham was running the Hemi stuff, could be wrong though....
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 November 25th 2014, 8:49 pm

he only bought Jims car, all the parts are new. 

there are no body in white cars at this time coming out of ford at this time
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 26th 2014, 12:21 am

I didn't read anything about NHRA approving any wedge stuff, I think Charlie will still be running the Hemi design. Correct me if I'm wrong. Exclamation

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 26th 2014, 1:07 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I didn't read anything about NHRA approving any wedge stuff, I think Charlie will still be running the Hemi design. Correct me if I'm wrong. Exclamation

Ford has Pro Stock approved Wedge and Hemi cylinder heads.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 26th 2014, 1:47 pm

I sure hope he can field a competitive entry. I know Larry Morgan is a cool guy but I don't remember him ever being close to competitive. I know a lot of the guys on here think he was getting screwed for money stand point. I know nothing about that, but I saw a lot of other guys that are occasional pro stock racers run much better than Morgan did. I quit following him because I got tired of watching him make 330 foot pass's and shut off. He was usually out of the race by then anyway. maybe at least I'll have a ford to pull for
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 26th 2014, 2:25 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:there are no body in white cars at this time coming out of ford at this time

That's a shame!
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 26th 2014, 5:33 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:I didn't read anything about NHRA approving any wedge stuff, I think Charlie will still be running the Hemi design. Correct me if I'm wrong. Exclamation

Ford has Pro Stock approved Wedge and Hemi cylinder heads.
THX Randy Cool

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  steven gregoire December 14th 2014, 10:48 am

first head on the mill.. just got it off of his facebook

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203228860461667&set=vb.1213414802&type=2&theater
steven gregoire
steven gregoire

Back to top Go down

Post  steven gregoire September 12th 2015, 4:27 pm

First Dyno Pull on the new Ford 500" for C.W.

https://youtu.be/YCXoRrUMbAw

steven gregoire
steven gregoire

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney September 13th 2015, 12:03 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:A body in white class where the only thing they can modify is the wheel opening for larger tires and the front fascia, and make them run production blocks and cylinder heads would be a great show imo. The class would probably slow down significantly for awhile but I would bet the factories would be more inclined to be involved with cars the general public can relate to.

Go back to the win on Sunday sell on Monday mentalities.

All just my opinion.

yes this is what i would like to see. maybe with a supercharger of limited size.
wayne

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next