BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking into a converter

4 posters

Go down

Looking into a converter Empty Looking into a converter

Post  jones December 9th 2014, 4:00 pm

Right now I assuming I will use Broader for my converter. He is suggesting a 11" with a billet front plate to go a long with the 1000hp wide ratio c6 that will have manual valve body and transbrake. I have not closed the door for another torque converter manufacturer I just don't know who has dealt with the 385 series in a 4x4. The truck will be street driven and on occasions it will be raced. My hope is to have the engine dyno'd in hopes for getting the converter right the first time.

I have tried these factory re-stalled converters and didn't have good luck. So I hop I can find one that won't build a lot of heat and hold up for the application.

Short wheel base F150, 4x4, 31" tall tires and either 3.25 or 3.05 gears with a 533cu, ported scj's with a single carb and more than likely a IS 100-300 plate.

jones

Back to top Go down

Looking into a converter Empty Re: Looking into a converter

Post  jeffgfg December 9th 2014, 4:03 pm

Give Lenny a call at Ultimate he'll set you straight.....

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 9th 2014, 4:27 pm

Would the converter guys tell me what I need to stay away from? I'm sure there are some things that should be a red flag for this combo.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney December 9th 2014, 7:01 pm

I've heard and seen good service with Lenny, even when an issue arises. I've used Edge, along with some other freinds, also good success. 4 different '73-79 pickup/Bronco with different flavors of BBF from 600hp 466 to a potent 598. Either vendor is a solid bet in my book.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker December 9th 2014, 10:06 pm

Ive had the e4od planet in my stuff before and imo it a TOTALLY unnecessary on anything but lowerhp/tq applications.

Realize thats not what you asked about but figured I throw that out there.r

dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 9th 2014, 10:58 pm

dirt_worker wrote:Ive had the e4od planet in my stuff before and imo it a TOTALLY unnecessary on anything but lowerhp/tq applications.

Realize thats not what you asked about but figured I throw that out there.r

Thats good to know, if he hasn't started on the transmission I'll drop it off the build.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum