BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does putting Ice around your fuel cell some how make more horsepower?

+3
rmcomprandy
res0rli9
racinghabbit
7 posters

Go down

Does putting Ice around your fuel cell some how make more horsepower? Empty Does putting Ice around your fuel cell some how make more horsepower?

Post  racinghabbit January 6th 2015, 6:11 pm

Does putting Ice around your fuel cell some how make more horsepower?

80 degree day outside and you have big plans to drag race..... So you put 2 big bags of ice on your fuel cell and cool your fuel down... then go race... Does it make any difference if the gas was 90 degrees vs 40 degrees???
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Does putting Ice around your fuel cell some how make more horsepower? Empty Re: Does putting Ice around your fuel cell some how make more horsepower?

Post  res0rli9 January 6th 2015, 6:28 pm

Back in the day they used to have cool can's for that.
your gas line was coiled around in a can and you put ice in it to cool the gas.

Don't know if it helped but they said it did.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Does putting Ice around your fuel cell some how make more horsepower? Empty Re: Does putting Ice around your fuel cell some how make more horsepower?

Post  rmcomprandy January 6th 2015, 8:13 pm

It can ... especially if you run an oxygenated gasoline.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 6th 2015, 8:43 pm

Back in the day a lot of people said cooling the fuel helped. But I would guess that using the cool-can filled with X amount of ice would be more efficient vs packing a lot more ice around the fuel cell (and less mess).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 January 6th 2015, 9:01 pm

Back in the day I would get dry ice and break it up and rap in shop rags
and put in can that way... last alot longer

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh January 6th 2015, 9:09 pm

It would depend on where the fuel cell is too, a cool can was installed close to the fuel inlet, if the fuel is running through the pump and being cooked at idle in the engine compartment you wouldn't get the benefit, I agree with the previous answers it will help but I would find a cool can. Cooler intake charge makes more power to my knowledge, get the engine compartment and intake temps down too.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 January 6th 2015, 9:13 pm

some guys would put a 5lb. bag of ice on there intake between rounds back in the day

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh January 6th 2015, 9:20 pm

res0rli9 wrote:some guys would put a 5lb. bag of ice on there intake between rounds back in the day

Yup guilty...NOS works too but ice is cheaper, and you don't get the sulfer dioxide Wink
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 7th 2015, 2:42 pm

Keeping the fuel cool as it enters the burn cycle is ALways  a plus.I would prefer the cool can method over trying to keep a big ass fuel cell cool.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit January 7th 2015, 3:06 pm

has anyone ever Dyno tested without and then with a cool can?
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 January 7th 2015, 7:58 pm

Do not put ice around an aluminum fuel cell! I tried this years ago at a mud race and ended up with water condensation in my fuel and the truck running like crap. I also ran longer aluminum fuel lines and covered them with ice but couldn't see that it helped anything.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down