BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is this Promod making this noise

4 posters

Go down

Why is this Promod making this noise Empty Why is this Promod making this noise

Post  jones March 9th 2015, 7:17 pm

Watch this video and listen to this high pitch noise this car makes. Why is it making a noise like that? I have never heard a promo make that sound, almost sounds like a turbine. Sounds like it has a seized bearing or something.

jones

Back to top Go down

Why is this Promod making this noise Empty Re: Why is this Promod making this noise

Post  whatbumper March 9th 2015, 8:06 pm

Sounds more like a microphone issue than car. I have had that happen before with those loud ass blower cars on my camera.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Why is this Promod making this noise Empty Re: Why is this Promod making this noise

Post  bruno March 9th 2015, 9:15 pm

yep sounds like a mic issue

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE March 10th 2015, 4:17 am

I think it's just the air going past the throttle blades, (or a gasket or O-ring lip/edge somewhere hanging out-into the intake air path) at idle making the air whistle. The sound is picked up by two different camera positions, (close & far away) and the whistle is only heard at idle. The sound gets louder or quieter as the car moves closer or farther away from a camera, especially noticeable on the top end camera as it idles before & after the burnout.

If it was just a mic issue caused by loud sound vibrations being too close to the camera mic, the starting line camera might be effected cuz it's real close to the car. But the top end cam should be too far away from the car idling way back at/around the starting line to cause the same sound if it was a mic issue.

Could also be how much they might be overdriving the blower since it's a small engine.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  jones March 10th 2015, 8:22 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:I think it's just the air going past the throttle blades, (or a gasket or O-ring lip/edge somewhere hanging out-into the intake air path) at idle making the air whistle. The sound is picked up by two different camera positions, (close & far away) and the whistle is only heard at idle. The sound gets louder or quieter as the car moves closer or farther away from a camera, especially noticeable on the top end camera as it idles before & after the burnout.

If it was just a mic issue caused by loud sound vibrations being too close to the camera mic, the starting line camera might be effected cuz it's real close to the car. But the top end cam should be too far away from the car idling way back at/around the starting line to cause the same sound if it was a mic issue.

Could also be how much they might be overdriving the blower since it's a small engine.

I agree, I don't think it's mic issue. As you said when the car is far or near at idle it makes the same sounds. At one point in the video the other cars don't make the same sounds. I didn't know if this was a screw blower that makes a different sound or what.

They say the car is a 383cu and being over driven could be the a part of it.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 10th 2015, 9:50 am

yep i agree also , after listening to it again sounds like Dave said , the blades might be open causing the sucking ,whining noise

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down