BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scj = p51

+12
D. Sea
69F100
maverick
FalconEh
whatbumper
gmsmkr
dfree383
514F-1
Lem Evans
Mark Miller
rmcomprandy
bruno
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

scj = p51 - Page 2 Empty Re: scj = p51

Post  D. Sea April 23rd 2015, 9:08 am

whatbumper wrote:I saw a car locally for sale with a "cage good to 6.50's" in it according to the owner.  Had no x in the door and no funny car cage.  A guy bought it and brought it to us because the cage wouldn't even go 8.50 cert.  best thing to do was to cut it all out and start over.  Really broke his heart.  He called me a liar and went to another shop.  The new shop is a fine individual.  He agrees that we were just trying to upsell the cage deal and says " I'll fix it no problem".  $3500 later it still won't pass but hey I'm still the liar here.  Lol

Now that's funny!!! Gotta hate when that happens.

Now back on the off topic

My 83 (Actually a 79) Mustang back halved round tube full cage all factory glass all steel except for the fiberglass hood. Removed the front and rear steel bumpers. A460 block, aluminum heads JW case glide. 3012 # race ready minus driver. Add me and my gear and it's just over 3200#
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 April 23rd 2015, 9:17 am

whatbumper wrote:I saw a car locally for sale with a "cage good to 6.50's" in it according to the owner.  Had no x in the door and no funny car cage.  A guy bought it and brought it to us because the cage wouldn't even go 8.50 cert.  best thing to do was to cut it all out and start over.  Really broke his heart.  He called me a liar and went to another shop.  The new shop is a fine individual.  He agrees that we were just trying to upsell the cage deal and says " I'll fix it no problem".  $3500 later it still won't pass but hey I'm still the liar here.  Lol
if your still a liar what does that make the other guy he paid? Laughing some folks just can't be helped!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 23rd 2015, 10:51 am

cool40 wrote:
if your still a liar what does that make the other guy he paid? Laughing some folks just can't be helped!

...and never argue with an idiot. Bystanders won't know which one is the idiot. Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper April 23rd 2015, 2:40 pm

Problem is ALL my business is by word of mouth and people seem to believe the negative more than the positives.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 23rd 2015, 4:17 pm

whatbumper wrote:Problem is ALL my business is by word of mouth and people seem to believe the negative more than the positives.  

Yep, and to make matters worse: If a guy thinks he got a good deal from your shop, ANY SHOP, he'll pay his bill, keep his mouth shut and take a bow every time someone compliments his great car.

But if he thinks (right or wrong) that he got a raw deal, he'll bitch about it to everybody he sees. Mad
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 26th 2015, 12:00 pm

damn i wish these folks are just honest about there cars

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 26th 2015, 12:12 pm

bruno wrote:damn i wish these folks are just honest about there cars

You are doing your homework as you should,but before you buy and make a final decision,take a chassis expert w/you. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 26th 2015, 5:08 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
bruno wrote:damn i wish these folks are just honest about there cars

You are doing your homework as you should,but before you buy and make a final decision,take a chassis expert w/you. Very Happy

no doubt i will Rick !!! bounce

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY April 28th 2015, 7:36 pm

You need to buy you one of them Mcamis carbon bodies and have that Jy kelly fellar build you a chassis and then set back and lsten to all them chebbie folks say your car is lighter thats the only reason you can outrun this haas/bickel/rj 700inch chebbie with that furd
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 28th 2015, 8:17 pm

KY JELLY wrote:You need to buy you one of them Mcamis carbon bodies and have that Jy kelly fellar build you a chassis and then set back and lsten to all them chebbie folks say your car is lighter thats the only reason you can outrun this haas/bickel/rj 700inch chebbie with that furd

holy shit the jelly fellar is alive !!!!! ... im on a budget .... that carbon body is going to bust that affraid budget just a little

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior April 28th 2015, 8:24 pm

As we've said before....

Racing and "tight budget" don't work in the same sentence... clown
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY April 28th 2015, 8:44 pm

Yea I still alive lol . You get a glass body instead of carbon it's not out of budget in the long run . You would be surprised what you can build yourself for a reasonable budget if you take your time . You are way ahead to build your own car
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 28th 2015, 9:28 pm

KY JELLY wrote:Yea I still alive lol . You get a glass body instead of carbon it's not out of budget in the long run . You would be surprised what you can build yourself for a reasonable budget if you take your time . You are way ahead to build your own car

Id have to disagree..... Better to buy someone else's complete car..... Usually they can be had for a lot less than building one as long as your not stupid and wait for the right deal.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY April 28th 2015, 10:07 pm

That's why you own a lawn dart  lol
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr April 28th 2015, 10:13 pm

I like to build my own chassis my self also the reason is I feel like if I buy a chassis ready to go I'm buying somebody's problems if they have a chassis that works most of the time they don't sell them and if they do its to a close friend that knows the chassis......JMO on buying a chassis
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum