BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nitrous motor sugestions

4 posters

Go down

nitrous motor sugestions Empty nitrous motor sugestions

Post  adrenaline269 November 22nd 2009, 4:08 am

I want to build an A460 block for all out no holds barred nitrous motor. What heads would you suggest? what bore and stroke? If you have dne one or know of one please tell ma about the build. Motor is going in my mud and sand drag truck, a 2000 ranger, about 3000 pounds

adrenaline269

Back to top Go down

nitrous motor sugestions Empty Re: nitrous motor sugestions

Post  bruno November 22nd 2009, 8:53 am

I will take a stab at this and im sure the engine gurus will chime in ........

the block would be a premier eleiminator block which has a bore capibility of 4.700 and then stuff it with the best internals , the heads would be the pro-filer setup with some Charlie Evans love add a custom sheet metal intake and the plumb a INDUCTION-SOLUTIONS 4-5 stage nos setup ...... and there you have it the badest truck in the world Laughing

but i think the questions i would ask myself is how much maitance do i want to be doing on this engine for the season ???

what are the class rules ???

and of course what is the budget ??

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno November 22nd 2009, 9:17 am

if you have to use an a460 block .......i would say a or c head setup ....... but still need to know the rules Smile

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick November 22nd 2009, 10:13 am

A maintenance schedule should be a non-issue, as a "no holds barred" nitrous motor will occasionally experience a "dynamic disassembly", thereby saving you half the work. You'll only have to put it back together. Laughing

Seriously, though....I'd guess that the 18 bolt A-head would do the trick for considerably less cash.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  adrenaline269 November 22nd 2009, 3:06 pm

there is no limitations for motor and for nitrous there is no limit other than you have to use it as a one shot deal but you are able to use a controler to bring in in nice. Well if I was to go to a premier block I would probably just bite the bullit and get a C and C block. Where do you draw the line though, there comes a point when thousands for rockers is a little much for me, I will get there but in time.

adrenaline269

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman November 24th 2009, 1:09 pm

You draw the line @ your pocketbook/wallet! Smile

nitrous IMO is a great equalizer. You might not have the best most expensive parts and combo, but you can be a little smarter and work a little harder on the tune and truck than the competition.

A460 block, C460 heads, 4.750 stroke and 4.600 bore could make a pretty lethal situation.

Just noticed over in the nitrous section that you seem to be controlling 4 guns with EFI?
simpleman
simpleman

Back to top Go down

Post  adrenaline269 November 24th 2009, 1:39 pm

No I am just using one shot at 300 but the system can control 4. When the new cam goes in the steup should work pretty well but with the nitrous will be at the limits of the D9 block, so the next step is to go to a better block and build a bigger better motor that could support allot more of the fun gas and put me up there in the horsepower and torque I need.
I know some heads work better with nitrous than others. also it will be interesting to see whats new and improved for us bbf folks at the PRI show

adrenaline269

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down