BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cam lube preference

5 posters

Go down

Cam lube preference Empty Cam lube preference

Post  FalconEh May 6th 2015, 9:15 pm

Basic yes, but I have been using the Torco MPZ assembly lube for a long time with good results, I still use Isky rev lube/ARP for AN fittings, bolts. What does everyone else prefer/why?
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Cam lube preference Empty Re: Cam lube preference

Post  gmsmkr May 6th 2015, 9:42 pm

FalconEh wrote:Basic yes, but I have been using the Torco MPZ assembly lube for a long time with good results, I still use Isky rev lube/ARP  for AN fittings, bolts. What does everyone else prefer/why?

K.Y her pleasure is what I use.......the why cause I was told to get it Razz Razz

Sorry....rusty just had to do that

We use royal purple ( max-tuff) , Amsoil and clevite

We have used vasoline before but I really don't like to use it

gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 6th 2015, 10:21 pm

MPZ is fine for bearings and such however, it is a bit "runny".  I mix it with a little bit of lithium grease and paint it on flat tappet lobes so, it stays, (looks just like Red Line assembly grease which I have also used successfully), and pour the rest of the quart over the lifters in the valley eventually going into the rest of the oil.

I have found that most every cam lube can work well when coating the cam lobes is done.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech May 6th 2015, 10:38 pm

I usually use the Comp stuff if it's not going to sit long but as weird as it sounds I've used regular old STP at work with good luck too. it's thick and it's sticky as old hell. Wink
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh May 6th 2015, 11:37 pm

gmsmkr wrote:
FalconEh wrote:Basic yes, but I have been using the Torco MPZ assembly lube for a long time with good results, I still use Isky rev lube/ARP  for AN fittings, bolts. What does everyone else prefer/why?

K.Y her pleasure is what I use.......the why cause I was told to get it Razz Razz

Sorry....rusty just had to do that

We use royal purple ( max-tuff) , Amsoil and clevite

We have used vasoline before but I really don't like to use it

OK Mike Lil-C is old enough you need to approach mama with her favorite Razz

As for the Royal Purple I use their stuff in my trans. as pricey as it is lol, but I have not tried their cam stuff.

rmcomprandy wrote:MPZ is fine for bearings and such however, it is a bit "runny".  I mix it with a little bit of lithium grease and paint it on flat tappet lobes so, it stays, (looks just like Red Line assembly grease which I have also used successfully), and pour the rest of the quart over the lifters in the valley eventually going into the rest of the oil.

I have found that most every cam lube can work well when coating the cam lobes is done.

Wow, I wasn't sure of the MPZ when I started using it, I found it sticky& runny, but I had a habbit of putting Rev lube or white lithium on the lifter lobes, and pushrod tips, and used them in concert, never had a problem just wondering what is newer and better, I have not tried the Redline either, to old school stay with what works,

BigRigTech wrote:I usually use the Comp stuff if it's not going to sit long but as weird as it sounds I've used regular old STP at work with good luck too. it's thick and it's sticky as old hell. Wink

Not weird, if Richard endorsed them(STP) for all them years, it was more than money, just not readily available here. As for the comp stuff I might use it for warranty, if it wasn't gritty on my fingers, 1-uncomfortable tube, said forget the warranty.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 6th 2015, 11:56 pm

I used STP for years and never had a problem with it, But last few I have used the Red Line Assembly Lube that Advance Auto sales
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down