BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So whats everyones every day carry?

+42
blown473
wayney
jones
605FOX
rck532
zbob
dr's wife racing
capri-sun
BigBlockRanger
bruno
D. Sea
res0rli9
85bigblockfox
the Coug
Moodyblues
Copperhead
BBFmustang
maverick
whatbumper
FalconEh
bigblock t-bird
ROAD RAGE
JBR-3
John Myrick
David Willingham
Doug Rahn
70FB
stangr8cr
Coupe Devil
69F100
pipedobber
gmsmkr
514Fox87
cool40
David Cole
Curt
rmcomprandy
Lem Evans
dfree383
schmitty
BB94STANG
richter69
46 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

So whats everyones every day carry? - Page 5 Empty Re: So whats everyones every day carry?

Post  dfree383 June 6th 2015, 8:00 pm

Curt wrote:
maverick wrote:Not at all like Alabama.  

I heard a news story a couple years ago in Montgomery.  Two theives (late teens) broke into a home, thinking no one was there.  The homeowner confronted them and shot them.  One of them died.  The other one learned (from his hospital bed) that he was being charged with his friend's murder.

Seems to be far less coddling of a criminal here.

I love a story with a happy ending.  I love you
x2
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

So whats everyones every day carry? - Page 5 Empty Re: So whats everyones every day carry?

Post  res0rli9 June 7th 2015, 5:38 am

The last round you'll ever need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jg1Qyz0Jus

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 7th 2015, 7:39 am

res0rli9 wrote:The last round you'll ever need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jg1Qyz0Jus

Shocked
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 7th 2015, 1:05 pm

They are ~ $2.00/rd, but they aren't target rounds. If you use them for their intended purpose, you really can't put a price on them.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney June 7th 2015, 1:16 pm

s&w 442 38 if i am in a hurry out the door. sig p229 9mm or p220 45 if i am going out not just a quick run. always a s&w 457 45 acp in the vehicle.
won't be long before the 442 is replaced with a 2 1/2 in 686+. the best defense is being aware of what is going on around you. I also don't believe in open carry , i don't want anyone (insert bad guy ) knowing i have it on me. don't want to give anyone the temptation to try and grab it . I can already see the courts " well sir if you weren't carrying the gun in the open he wouldn't have tried to grab it and you would have never shot him "

wayne

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 7th 2015, 1:25 pm

wayney wrote:s&w 442 38 if i am in a hurry out the door. sig p229 9mm or p220 45 if i am going out not just a quick run. always a s&w 457 45 acp in the vehicle.
won't be long before the 442 is replaced with a 2 1/2 in 686+. the best defense is being aware of what is going on around you.  I also don't believe in open carry , i don't want anyone (insert bad guy ) knowing i have it on me. don't want to give anyone the temptation to try and grab it . I can already see the courts " well sir if you weren't carrying the gun  in the open he wouldn't have tried to grab it and you would have never shot him "

wayne

Open carry (handgun) should always be an option, but not the rule. I too believe in conceal, but don't want laws against open carry either.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 7th 2015, 4:13 pm

Because of Michigan's simple open carry laws ... last September there was a fellow in Royal Oak during a weekend festival who carried a non-automatic assault rifle slung across his back everywhere he went.
HE was the one who called police when he was refused entry to a lot of the displays and the police ushered him in.

Sometimes things do get taken to extremes ... mostly to prove point, which this NRA official, (which was later disclosed), was trying to show.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 7th 2015, 5:12 pm

There is no such thing as a non automatic assault rifle.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 7th 2015, 5:42 pm

Randy, please tell me which one of these is an assault weapon  A or B?

A

So whats everyones every day carry? - Page 5 Th?&id=JN.IpF59a5y0hqEt8vW0amwIg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

B

So whats everyones every day carry? - Page 5 Th?&id=JN.UFOzHoRQwH8kt9g1wa0I3w&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney June 7th 2015, 5:53 pm

C or D

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 7th 2015, 5:55 pm

Curt wrote:Randy, please tell me which one of these is an assault weapon  A or B?

A

So whats everyones every day carry? - Page 5 Th?&id=JN.IpF59a5y0hqEt8vW0amwIg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

B

So whats everyones every day carry? - Page 5 Th?&id=JN.UFOzHoRQwH8kt9g1wa0I3w&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

I was not there and didn't see it but, the story reported on the news and in the paper was that it had a 30 round clip and the state police called it an "assault RIFLE".

Take that to mean whatever weapon you wish.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr June 7th 2015, 6:05 pm

Oo-oo.....I want to play , I love guessing games...."B" ... am I the winner jocolor lol!

gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 7th 2015, 6:10 pm

But you also reported it as an assault rifle.

The federal government says that you have to have a class III license to possess an assault rifle and defines it as a rifle that can be switched from semi-automatic to fully automatic.

The liberal media and liberal local governments "call" any gun that has a removable magazine an assault rifle because they sound scary.

So, if you saw both of these guns, would you call one of them an assault rifle?
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 7th 2015, 6:10 pm

gmsmkr wrote:Oo-oo.....I want to play , I love guessing games...."B" ... am I the winner jocolor lol!

Let Randy answer and then I'll declare a winner. Rolling Eyes
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

So whats everyones every day carry? - Page 5 Empty Carry

Post  blown473 June 7th 2015, 7:08 pm

I'm old school, Colt Python 357, it simply works.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea June 8th 2015, 8:22 am

wayney wrote:the best defense is being aware of what is going on around you.  I also don't believe in open carry , i don't want anyone (insert bad guy ) knowing i have it on me. don't want to give anyone the temptation to try and grab it . I can already see the courts " well sir if you weren't carrying the gun  in the open he wouldn't have tried to grab it and you would have never shot him "

wayne

I agree about situational awareness however could you please site or link a source where someone has been targeted for open carry? Perhaps getting proof of the mythical unicorn would be easier Razz

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 8th 2015, 9:26 am

Curt wrote:But you also reported it as an assault rifle.

The federal government says that you have to have a class III license to possess an assault rifle and defines it as a rifle that can be switched from semi-automatic to fully automatic.

The liberal media and liberal local governments "call" any gun that has a removable magazine an assault rifle because they sound scary.

So, if you saw both of these guns, would you call one of them an assault rifle?

I just repeated what was already publicly stated.
My guess would be that it was a SEMI-automatic version of a rifle which could easily be made fully automatic or there is already a fully automatic version in the marketplace.

The LOOKS don't change to any onlookers, just the way it works and if it is not fired, all people have to express judgement for a report is what can be seen.  And, you know they wish to make their report worth listening to.
Just because it is not an ASSAULT rifle by actual federal law definition does not change what happened. The point was that what the man did was legal.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 8th 2015, 10:40 am

rmcomprandy wrote:

My guess would be that it was a SEMI-automatic version of a rifle which could easily be made fully automatic or there is already a fully automatic version in the marketplace.

The LOOKS don't change to any onlookers, just the way it works and if it is not fired, all people have to express judgement for a report is what can be seen.  And, you know they wish to make their report worth listening to.
Just because it is not an ASSAULT rifle by actual federal law definition does not change what happened. The point was that what the man did was legal.

And there lies the problem. People that don't know trying to report that the man was carrying an assault weapon when it was a sporting rifle.
And then you continuing on with the rhetoric. Looks do not make a rifle an assault rifle.  

The two rifles posted above are the same gun. One with black plastic on it and one with a wood stock.  So we don't have a winner today.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 8th 2015, 10:48 am

Curt wrote:

And there lies the problem. People that don't know trying to report that the man was carrying an assault weapon when it was a sporting rifle.
And then you continuing on with the rhetoric. Looks do not make a rifle an assault rifle.  

That may be ACTUALITY but, that is not REALITY when guns are involved. You can believe whatever you want.

I forgot exactly where it happened recently but, an 11 year old boy was shot to death because he pointed what LOOKED like a gun at a police officer, which turned out to be a plastic toy.  Ruled a "justifiable homicide" because of how that toy LOOKS. Whether real or not, that 11 year old boy is just as dead.

Probably not true but, maybe, just maybe, that man had a federal firearms class III license.  He was an NRA official, after all.
That fact was not reported, one way or the other.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod June 8th 2015, 12:56 pm

"That fact was not reported"..... THE FACTS ARE NEVER REPORTED....

fixed it for you...

Cool
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 8th 2015, 4:37 pm

Parkerized finish PF-9 Kel Tek 50 grain 2000 fps + P loads,

Dan Wesson 357 8 inch barrel, always close by. I have the kit and 4 other barrels for it.

It's a very nice piece and accurate, the cylinder latch is at the front of the barrel and head space is adjustable.

And as for what the Coug said about me hitting anything with my cannon, as John Wayne said, and I quote. ( Well I wouldn't bet my life on it )

The little P-9 is very accurate also 7+1 with out the extension. and the case and handle are only .700 thick. At first I didn't like the double action , but the more I shoot it the better I like it.  It's a hand full with +P's and only 12.7 oz. It is touted as being the lightest and flattest 9 mm ever produced. It shoots a little high with the = P loads, but that puts all your target above the sight dots.

Last edited by IDT-572 on July 2nd 2015, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney June 8th 2015, 8:44 pm

Curt wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

The two rifles posted above are the same gun. One with black plastic on it and one with a wood stock.  So we don't have a winner today.

I thought they both looked like ruger 10/22's but i didn't want to spill the beans.

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney June 8th 2015, 8:51 pm

D. Sea wrote:
wayney wrote:the best defense is being aware of what is going on around you.  I also don't believe in open carry , i don't want anyone (insert bad guy ) knowing i have it on me. don't want to give anyone the temptation to try and grab it . I can already see the courts " well sir if you weren't carrying the gun  in the open he wouldn't have tried to grab it and you would have never shot him "

wayne

I agree about situational awareness however could you please site or link a source where someone has been targeted for open carry?  Perhaps getting proof of the mythical unicorn would be easier  Razz

i didn't mean anyone was targeted, it is i can see it happening . and the courts have ruled in favor of of some crazy cases (no necessarily gun related)
i am just not for me to open carry . it is our right. open carry is a sticky subject with me , i see both sides.

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 8th 2015, 8:55 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

I forgot exactly where it happened recently but, an 11 year old boy was shot to death because he pointed what LOOKED like a gun at a police officer, which turned out to be a plastic toy.  Ruled a "justifiable homicide" because of how that toy LOOKS.  Whether real or not, that 11 year old boy is just as dead.

I'm sure that most everyone on here that was raised in gun tooting families will agree that we were taught not to point a gun at anything with a heartbeat unless we intended on killing it.

I agree that you should never point anything at a cop unless you're committing suicide.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea June 9th 2015, 9:11 am

wayney wrote:
D. Sea wrote:

wayne

I agree about situational awareness however could you please site or link a source where someone has been targeted for open carry?  Perhaps getting proof of the mythical unicorn would be easier  Razz

i didn't mean anyone was targeted, it is i can see it happening . and the courts have ruled in favor of of some crazy cases (no necessarily gun related)
i am just not for me to open carry . it is our right. open carry is a sticky subject with me , i see both sides.

I know, however I hear this same scenario from lots of people and when I ask them to site a source where it has happened they clam up and say "Well it could happen". Could and DO are totally different. Just sayin What a Face

I carry how I want and if someone gets "Scared" or "Uncomfortable" because the evil handgun could JUMP out of it's holster and start killing people, well that's not my problem. Laughing
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next