BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official US60 updates !!!

+23
biglucky
Moodyblues
Wheelie58
Race Ready Fabrications
dr's wife racing
lghting94
DILLIGASDAVE
gmsmkr
Doug Rahn
56Tbird
bbf-falcon
514Fox87
83-88T-Bird Guy
rmcomprandy
dfree383
QtrWarrior
bluef100fe
cool40
KY JELLY
maverick
David Cole
richter69
bruno
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Official US60 updates !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Official US60 updates !!!

Post  lghting94 June 14th 2015, 7:10 pm

Congrats to both Cody and Dan! Just there to spectate but had a great time as did my son(Blaine). This event has now energized him wanting to help get my car together so we can go again next year and actually race. Thanks to everyone who put this on and to those who help entertain Blaine and Me.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  514Fox87 June 14th 2015, 7:19 pm

Thanks Rick for the kind words. Wait till next year and we'll all have a feast! I'm coming back because I made new friends, and realize that there were others there I didn't meet. Dan, let me know when your here for the big arrival and we'll see if we can get together. PM me and I'll give you my phone number.
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 14th 2015, 7:21 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:As always I had a great time, it was great to see old friends again and make some new ones too. Here's the video I shot, not my best.

Official US60 updates !!! - Page 2 Th_US%2060%202015_zps4ccvnbpu

OK don't know if I missed it being posted here before now, but I'm gonna need some pics of the cool lookin twin engine roadster at the end of the video. Twisted Evil

That would appear to be one of Wes' imaginitive pinewood derby cars. His stint in the Cub Scouts really stuck with him. Razz Great guy, cool cars. Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 14th 2015, 7:23 pm

Wes, What sort of coupler links those engines?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 14th 2015, 7:47 pm

Just made it in safely. Had a couple of tire problems on the trailer. Ran over some thing and killed one.  Fender was bent and I didn't catch it got the second one. The fab nine housing I bought has already paid for its self. I used it for a battering ram ram to beat the fender out. Saved a towing bill Good to have someone travling with you Had a blast seeing every body. It's always a good time but this was the most fun I've ever had at these events My little 5 speed car was a blast to drive. Too many pass s to count. I  was happy with the car. pump gas, power windows ,DVD player ,drive it to the motel after the races  for those of you who dont know me  It ment a great deal just to get down the track. Ive had a rough time witrace cars for a while. Always good to see all of y'all too many to list. My leg is pretty banged and bruised up. But I think it will be fine. I talked to the guy at end of day said he just couldn't see me over his hood scoop. It shook both of us up pretty good.  Bottom line if didnt make it you missed a fun time.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 14th 2015, 7:53 pm

Wes is the man. If you think he makes good cars you should meet his family. What a great bunch of folks your daughter has grown into p aretty girl and quite the driver. Wes is also a great cook.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 14th 2015, 7:56 pm

The crawfish boil was something else to. Y'all didnt even laugh at me for having to be taught how to eat them.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications June 14th 2015, 9:38 pm

We had a great time. Didn't do to great with racing but it was great to meet some cool people yet again.

Check out John Bbi Fisher on FB for lots of great event pics.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 June 14th 2015, 9:56 pm

I race at lots of different types of tracks, different classes from National Events to narrow...scarey hole-in-the wall facilities.
US60 and our Ford family race continues to stick out as one of my favorites. Of course, our Ford brothers and sisters are wonderful, but the US60 crew makes it a blast to race and camp out.
The sharing of stories, technology, parts and food makes this event very special.
The support added by the Oakley Motorsports crew, Lem's connections and other individual racers continues to strengthen this event.
Thanks to all that attended and helped!
Keith Fulp
678-458-2033
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 14th 2015, 10:08 pm

Amen Keith, Couldn't have said it better..

Big THANKS to Phillip, Lem, Keith and others that helped sponsor this event.. Cool
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 14th 2015, 10:40 pm

I didn't get to bring my junk, but I had a great time. I didn't care if rain was in the forecast or not just wanted to go see friends and meet a few off the board in person. Had a great time and can't wait to take my car next year. I tried to get around and talk to most everyone and take a pic of their ride.

Russ Hood
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biglucky June 14th 2015, 11:10 pm

Great time at U.S 60 again.It's time to mark the calendars for next year.
biglucky
biglucky

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 15th 2015, 9:17 am

YEA ... make it the weekend before the "Hot Rod Reunion" every year 'cause that is certainly easy for everyone to remember and plan for. Smile

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nitrous.f June 15th 2015, 9:46 am

anybody make any dvd's? : Smile   like to see all you guys and your cars running down the track! Twisted Evil
nitrous.f
nitrous.f

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno June 15th 2015, 11:20 am

rmcomprandy wrote:I read this at the beginning and I've just got to sneer and laugh.  

Just how in hell would anyone who doesn't show-up even know a difference in an event between bad or mediocre from good to great;  sounds like weeps of bad wishful thinking onto others or a hint of envy, to me.
I am wrong a lot, though...

AND, to those who just blamed their no-show on chances of bad weather ... you deserve a big hearty laugh 'cause not a drop of rain fell at all, anytime, until 10:15 Saturday night and the Ford stuff was well past finished.
Then there were those who said in print that they would be there in some support, car or no car ... typical talk the talk yet no walking action of any kind to back up what was said.

Even the few people who were looking for excuses to have a bad time there because of some bad luck they had or broke something were smiling anyway; maybe just glad to be there in the midst of all the comraderie and enjoyment happening ... except maybe Ward. Getting hit by a race car going to the staging lanes, (way to fast), could ruin anybody's good time but, to his credit, only for a while.

Now, I'm going back to bed and sleep for another 2 or 3 hours.

I never started this thread to get bashed. I sincerely tried to make but unfortunately could not. The guys from facebook rag on me daily for being a pussy, not having a race car, and for not showing, i am a good sport though. Trust me its much more then that. I miss going to these events and im jealous and envious to listen to the stories of the weekend and missing all the fun. Jon's post steams from facebook and has nothing to do with the race at all. He has been known to have these one word answers to post or even facebook comments. I can assure you Mr. Malik he wasn't trying to put down the "race" at all.

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 15th 2015, 11:50 am

bruno wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:I read this at the beginning and I've just got to sneer and laugh.  

Just how in hell would anyone who doesn't show-up even know a difference in an event between bad or mediocre from good to great;  sounds like weeps of bad wishful thinking onto others or a hint of envy, to me.
I am wrong a lot, though...

AND, to those who just blamed their no-show on chances of bad weather ... you deserve a big hearty laugh 'cause not a drop of rain fell at all, anytime, until 10:15 Saturday night and the Ford stuff was well past finished.
Then there were those who said in print that they would be there in some support, car or no car ... typical talk the talk yet no walking action of any kind to back up what was said.

Even the few people who were looking for excuses to have a bad time there because of some bad luck they had or broke something were smiling anyway; maybe just glad to be there in the midst of all the comraderie and enjoyment happening ... except maybe Ward. Getting hit by a race car going to the staging lanes, (way to fast), could ruin anybody's good time but, to his credit, only for a while.

Now, I'm going back to bed and sleep for another 2 or 3 hours.

I never started this thread to get bashed. I sincerely tried to make but unfortunately could not. The guys from facebook rag on me daily for being a pussy, not having a race car, and for not showing, i am a good sport though. Trust me its much more then that. I miss going to these events and im jealous and envious to  listen to the stories of the weekend and missing all the fun. Jon's post steams from facebook and has nothing to do with the race at all. He has been known to have these one word answers to post or even facebook comments. I can assure you Mr. Malik he wasn't trying to put down the "race" at all.

No names were mentioned ...

Whatever goes on elsewhere certainly should not apply here.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 15th 2015, 2:49 pm

IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 15th 2015, 3:21 pm

Sensitivity Razz

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 15th 2015, 3:37 pm

Is class in session??? lol! lol! lol!

BTW: Keith, Randy, Rick, and myself have a plan for "fixing" Detroit.......
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JACKAZZFLATZ June 15th 2015, 3:51 pm

Got home 'bout 5:PM last nite. Grandson hadda be home for summer school. Good safe trip, after an AWESUUM weekend with some of the best long distance fiends (pun intended) that I hardly know. Always gonna be on the list for vacation time in the future. Again, thanks to everyone who worked and sponsored this event. And for helping with my wardrobe, Keith and Phillip.
JACKAZZFLATZ
JACKAZZFLATZ

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle June 15th 2015, 4:46 pm

I entered Cody's truck in the Fun Run race on Sat PM. Made 4 passes, ran better than his personal best MPH in his own truck, then got rained out.

Felt good to get back behind the wheel of something...

Fun times were had by all. Even my 14 year old son wishes he would've come with me the last few years because he had such a good time...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 15th 2015, 4:48 pm

Lol. your youngun got exposed under the tent.................. Twisted Evil Laughing

Is he still carrying around Pops rod bearings? Razz
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 15th 2015, 7:37 pm

JACKAZZFLATZ wrote:Got home 'bout 5:PM last nite.  Grandson hadda be home for summer school.  Good safe trip, after an AWESUUM weekend with some of the best long distance fiends (pun intended) that I hardly know.  Always gonna be on the list for vacation time in the future.  Again, thanks to everyone who worked and sponsored this event.  And for helping with my wardrobe, Keith and Phillip.  
. It was good parking next to you. That's what makes it fun. Meeting new frids and seeing old ones.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 16th 2015, 11:18 am

JACKAZZFLATZ wrote:Got home 'bout 5:PM last nite.  Grandson hadda be home for summer school.  Good safe trip, after an AWESUUM weekend with some of the best long distance fiends (pun intended) that I hardly know.  Always gonna be on the list for vacation time in the future.  Again, thanks to everyone who worked and sponsored this event.  And for helping with my wardrobe, Keith and Phillip.  

Good to hear you got home safely Randy.
Thanks again for lending me the impact wrench. Very Happy

Was good talking to you.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 16th 2015, 11:26 am

Wheelie58 wrote:I race at lots of different types of tracks, different classes from National Events to narrow...scarey hole-in-the wall facilities.
US60 and our Ford family race continues to stick out as one of my favorites. Of course, our Ford brothers and sisters are wonderful, but the US60 crew makes it a blast to race and camp out.
The sharing of stories, technology, parts and food makes this event very special.
The support added by the Oakley Motorsports crew, Lem's connections and other individual racers continues to strengthen this event.
Thanks to all that attended and helped!
Keith Fulp
678-458-2033

Well said Keith !

Thanks to all the sponsors that contributed money and or prizes for this event.

Thanks to George and all the people that helped make the event happen and
Thanks to US 60 for giving us a place to gather for the "Ford Family Reunion"
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next