BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Race/Street car ...

+20
83-88T-Bird Guy
72mav
yellowhorse7
Lem Evans
FalconEh
QtrWarrior
jbozzelle
BigRigTech
Mark Miller
69F100
dave d
cheatham
gmsmkr
95 COBRA
bbf-falcon
Moodyblues
richter69
lghting94
dfree383
bruno
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty New Race/Street car ...

Post  bruno June 15th 2015, 12:37 pm

New Race/Street car ... Shelby%201_zpsjvpgcfhr



New Race/Street car ... Shelby%202_zps2yvzkh1m


New Race/Street car ... Shelby%203_zpstxlqzlaa


So i decided on a street strip car. Wheels are on order and going to do a discrete weight reduction. My goal this year is to shoot for some 7.0s in the 1/8. Going to do some rear suspension work and brace the 8.8. I have a basic performance package coming and a race tune for c10 fuel. My question is what is the highest octane fuel i can use with the stock tank/factory setup with out issues arising with moisture/corrosion ?

I know this is not a BBF but i do appreciate the help. I will also be getting with our resident ss specialist for help on dialing in this chassis.


Last edited by bruno on June 15th 2015, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
coming soon x275 build .........
thanks to all my sponsors :

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10871
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 51
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  dfree383 June 15th 2015, 1:02 pm

Watch the leaded fuel and the sensors and cats.

I'd just use the 100 octane unleaded race fuel
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14767
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  lghting94 June 15th 2015, 1:30 pm

Nice looking ride Mr. Bruno
lghting94
lghting94

Posts : 762
Join date : 2008-12-16
Location : Vine Grove Kentucky

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  richter69 June 15th 2015, 2:05 pm

Mediocre.....
richter69
richter69

Posts : 13649
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 53
Location : In the winners circle

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  Moodyblues June 15th 2015, 2:25 pm

NOT a race car. Sleep Sleep Sleep
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Posts : 1168
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Jasper, TN

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  bruno June 15th 2015, 2:29 pm

Moodyblues wrote:NOT a race car.  Sleep Sleep Sleep

your right , i fixed it in the title Very Happy

_________________
coming soon x275 build .........
thanks to all my sponsors :

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10871
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 51
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  bbf-falcon June 15th 2015, 3:26 pm

I like it Nick,if you like it forget about the ones that don't. If it's a stick,thats the 1st weak point imo.Nothing wrong w/stick,but I don't think that one is the one for racing. Smile

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8995
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  Moodyblues June 15th 2015, 3:33 pm

bruno wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:NOT a race car.  Sleep Sleep Sleep

your right , i fixed it in the title Very Happy

Lol, just messin with you.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Posts : 1168
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Jasper, TN

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  95 COBRA June 15th 2015, 3:56 pm

Your going to love it. I have an 07 with a 4R75W swap

95 COBRA

Posts : 64
Join date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  gmsmkr June 15th 2015, 4:00 pm

Nick ,the new street raced car has some potential just got to blow up what it came with first Razz Razz

I'm just messing with you . nice car shouldn't take much to get in the 7s.... with what you speak of it will go faster than what you are expecting.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2014-06-22
Location : alabama

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  cheatham June 15th 2015, 4:01 pm

Sweet car Nick! My wife wants to get a Shelby for her next car.
cheatham
cheatham

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-08-07
Location : Oklahoma

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  bruno June 15th 2015, 4:04 pm

gmsmkr wrote:Nick ,the new street raced car has some potential just got to blow up what it came with first Razz Razz

I'm just messing with you . nice car shouldn't take much to get in the 7s.... with what you speak of it will go faster than what you are expecting.  

We will see. That would be nice. Just dont want to ruin the value of the car. I probably wont chop here up. But you will never know. Very Happy

_________________
coming soon x275 build .........
thanks to all my sponsors :

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10871
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 51
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  bruno June 15th 2015, 4:07 pm

95 COBRA wrote:Your going to love it. I have an 07 with a 4R75W swap

would you mind sharing the details ?

_________________
coming soon x275 build .........
thanks to all my sponsors :

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10871
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 51
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  dave d June 15th 2015, 4:15 pm

Sweet ride drive anywhere and get at least 20mpg with ac on and run 7"s Very Happy
dave d
dave d

Posts : 809
Join date : 2009-12-22
Age : 65
Location : nwohio

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  95 COBRA June 15th 2015, 4:49 pm

bruno wrote:
95 COBRA wrote:Your going to love it. I have an 07 with a 4R75W swap

would you mind sharing the details ?
It's an 07 with a 4R75W swap (FB) Manual valve body, 3000 stall, trans brake, lock up converter. 2200@ 70mph with 3:73's With a pully and a tune, JLT mass air, FRPP TB It made 575/575 at the tire with the 6060 trans. I also cut the stock wheels and widened them to 11" with M@H 325/40/18 drag radials. I didn't want to cut up the car either so I kept the trans and the RPM rollbar is a bolt in so it can all go back to stock if need be. I have not been to the track yet. Beware.... there addicting....lol pully and a tune is great but a TVS or a KB is even better...lol

95 COBRA

Posts : 64
Join date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  69F100 June 15th 2015, 11:55 pm

Nice ride Nick
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5380
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 57
Location : Irwinville Ga.

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  Mark Miller June 16th 2015, 1:43 am

bruno wrote:New Race/Street car ... Shelby%201_zpsjvpgcfhr



New Race/Street car ... Shelby%202_zps2yvzkh1m


New Race/Street car ... Shelby%203_zpstxlqzlaa


So i decided on a street strip car. Wheels are on order and going to do a discrete weight reduction. My goal this year is to shoot for some 7.0s in the 1/8. Going to do some rear suspension work and brace the 8.8. I have a basic performance package coming and a race tune for c10 fuel. My question is what is the highest octane fuel i can use with the stock tank/factory setup with out issues arising with moisture/corrosion ?

I know this is not a BBF but i do appreciate the help. I will also be getting with our resident ss specialist for help on dialing in this chassis.

Nice ride Nick what year is it?

Mark Miller

Posts : 1855
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  bruno June 16th 2015, 9:07 am

Mark its a 2012 with the SVTPP package, glass roof and Navi . i guess about 450-460 hp to the ground , going to lighter her up a couple hundred pounds, pulley, tune, complete rear suspension and 8.8 bracing and some slicks . Just wanna have some fun at the track Very Happy

_________________
coming soon x275 build .........
thanks to all my sponsors :

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10871
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 51
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  BigRigTech June 16th 2015, 9:17 am

It should be a blast...You did good, I can't seem to get a new snake past the wife...LOL Evil or Very Mad ....I had an 01 Cobra but a Shelby is a whole different breed of nasty. Cool
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Posts : 763
Join date : 2013-06-17
Location : Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  jbozzelle June 16th 2015, 3:43 pm

Nice ride, but I learned the hard way not to abuse your daily driver on the track...

jbozzelle

Posts : 3705
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 49
Location : New Orleans

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  bruno June 16th 2015, 4:48 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Nice ride, but I learned the hard way not to abuse your daily driver on the track...

no doubt. I still have my ecoboost f150 which is going to be my daily driver. Going to max the factory sc out and deciding between a new 5.4 short block or trying to put the cost together of a street/strip BBF in the deal Twisted Evil ...... going to give Kasse a call and see what it takes to put a BBF in the deal

_________________
coming soon x275 build .........
thanks to all my sponsors :

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10871
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 51
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  QtrWarrior June 16th 2015, 5:34 pm

Start it and do a burnout...

Pics or it didn't happen....
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Posts : 2690
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 64
Location : Bloomingdale, Ga

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  bruno June 16th 2015, 7:57 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Start it and do a burnout...

Pics or it didn't happen....

will do, should be done in a couple of weeks .....

_________________
coming soon x275 build .........
thanks to all my sponsors :

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10871
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 51
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  FalconEh June 16th 2015, 8:34 pm

bruno wrote:
gmsmkr wrote:Nick ,the new street raced car has some potential just got to blow up what it came with first Razz Razz

I'm just messing with you . nice car shouldn't take much to get in the 7s.... with what you speak of it will go faster than what you are expecting.  

We will see. That would be nice. Just dont want to ruin the value of the car. I probably wont chop here up. But you will never know. Very Happy

bruno wrote:Mark its a 2012 with the SVTPP package, glass roof and Navi . i guess about 450-460 hp to the ground , going to lighter her up a couple hundred pounds, pulley, tune, complete rear suspension and 8.8 bracing and some slicks . Just wanna have some fun at the track Very Happy

Cool Nice car Nick,
Congrats, but bold quote 1 doesn't go with bold quote 2 ... If you are doing the rear suspension and SLICKS with the additional 5.4 or BBF it might be worth buying a written off std mustang shell and do the full meal deal that looks like a real one, all while preserving the value and enjoying the one you have purchased. JMO but I believe much of the high end, high powered stuff have been purpose built not to hook, independent SLA rear C6 Corvettes are a good example ...boom Suspect
FalconEh
FalconEh

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  Lem Evans June 16th 2015, 10:15 pm

Cool Ride .

Lem Evans

Posts : 7445
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

New Race/Street car ... Empty Re: New Race/Street car ...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum